I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Horribly wrong tweet, also paraphrasing the article completely wrong (where it says " It was the fifth time in 11 games under Rangnick that United had failed to win"). Unacceptable from such a massive outlet to be honest. Also, tweet still stands 10 hours later, what the feck.
Its very, very odd. It would have taken them a minute to take down the tweet and replace it with an accurate one.

It feels, to me, as if the English media wants Rangnick to fail. I understand the commercial appeal of this. Man Utd doing badly is a magnet for clicks, from both our disgruntled fans and happy non-United fans. However, the BBC is not run on a commercial basis. So trying to push this narrative makes no sense.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Its very, very odd. It would have taken them a minute to take down the tweet and replace it with an accurate one.

It feels, to me, as if the English media wants Rangnick to fail. I understand the commercial appeal of this. Man Utd doing badly is a magnet for clicks, from both our disgruntled fans and happy non-United fans. However, the BBC is not run on a commercial basis. So trying to push this narrative makes no sense.
If I were to guess, I'd say it's a problem of the workflow, labour circumstances, social media conventions and the way these tweets are put up.

I'm sure there's some person who is, like, the social media assistant editor's intern or something, whose job it is to put up tweets linking to, and promoting all the, upcoming articles. All day, one after the other, they have to put these articles it in tweet form, which means they have to summarize and, it being Twitter, make it some kind of punchy, snazzy, click-baity.
Who knows how much time on average they can spend on comprehending the actual content of every article and formulating the tweet? I'm going to say 30-90 seconds? If there's an agenda, it's either creeping in subconsciously or it surfaces simply due to the medium's, and the media transition's (article -> tweet), inherent bias towards sensationalism and brawling. No way they have actual time to plot and forge a willfully misleading formulation in their mind?

I'd simply expect an outlet of the size of the BBC to have better quality control.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
According to the knobs at sky, rangnick is the worst manager in the league!

ShinjiNinja26

Not that it will ever happen but I’d absolutely love it if Ronaldo led us to Champions League Glory. It would be a massive feck you to all these cnuts in the media that are desperate for him and us to fail.

GazTheLegend

I'd simply expect an outlet of the size of the BBC to have better quality control.
No, they really and unironically have an agenda against us. It may date back to a panorama documentary that caused Ferguson to ban the BBC from press conference questions on us that they now feel 'safe' to get revenge for, but either way, they are never impartial when it comes to Manchester United. Someone or someone's at the BBC hate our club, and rarely if ever have anything positive to say (not that we have had a lot positive of late)

Offsideagain

All this talk of unrest and cliques in the dressing room is driven by the media who will do anything to make United finish out of the CL spot. That would give them weeks of coverage and analysis and more shite. The club should issue a defamation claim against some or all of these papers and SKY so they would have to prove these issues were true and expose their ‘sources’ which they won’t because there aren’t any. As for dressing room cliques, when I played rugby, the forwards would change together as would the backs with plenty of banter between the fat boys (forwards) and the girls (backs) . There will be cliques in all dressing rooms, it’s natural.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
All this talk of unrest and cliques in the dressing room is driven by the media who will do anything to make United finish out of the CL spot. That would give them weeks of coverage and analysis and more shite. The club should issue a defamation claim against some or all of these papers and SKY so they would have to prove these issues were true and expose their ‘sources’ which they won’t because there aren’t any. As for dressing room cliques, when I played rugby, the forwards would change together as would the backs with plenty of banter between the fat boys (forwards) and the girls (backs) . There will be cliques in all dressing rooms, it’s natural.
Have you ever considered that it is driven by the media who will do anything to get clicks, and that making a thread on here about each of those BS stories with the link in the OP, prompting hundreds, thousands of people to click on them isn't helping?
The paranoid response how they're out to get you, while simultaneously lapping up the 'info' and carrying on the agendas purported in it, is ultimately just feeding into it. More self-discipline among the online fan base might be needed. And maybe this site needs to clamp down on such threads. A thread about a Mirror story alleging or balatantly making up dressing room stuff should maybe be not be accepted.

Last edited:

Honestly, at this point, I have to admit Talksport's commitment to getting hate clicks is actually impressive. Engagements through annoyance. All totted up to sell to advertisers who want their stuff in front of as many eyes as possible. :lol:

PS) As if Danny Murphy would know what celebrating a league title looked like!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Honestly, at this point, I have to admit Talksport's commitment to getting hate clicks is actually impressive. Engagements through annoyance. All totted up to sell to advertisers who want their stuff in front of as many eyes as possible. :lol:

I turned off when he said that. Did he not realise it is beating Leeds that is the big thing, the rivalry. It was also a great win in difficult conditions.

Real Name

Love how players who were below average and worst have a chance to be on air and spout absolute crap week after week.
Best part is there wasnt so much celebration at all after the game, nothing special.

Withnail

Feck off Danny. He must never have celebrated a win in his career by that logic. :lol:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The celebrations were hardly over the top anyway :lol: It's not like we set off fireworks in an empty stadium is it?

Speako

Anyone in any doubt whatsoever just needs to listen to Tyler commentating on yesterday’s goals. Doesn’t even try to hide it these days, and only surprised he didn’t collapse to a full ffs when we popped one in.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
It's clear that the media are against us for no reason, and the team are showing an us vs them attitude. Anyone feel the same?

mctrials23

Yep, Cavani never being fit and Mason doing what he did proves this.
Right or wrong at the time Ronaldo coming in looks to have been fecking vital for our season
Because we would have been short a striker if he didn't get signed? Outside of that I find it hard to think that Ronaldo has been a positive at United.

cyberman

Because we would have been short a striker if he didn't get signed? Outside of that I find it hard to think that Ronaldo has been a positive at United.
15 goals, top scorer and the fact we are in the CL second round solely down to him?

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Fcuk the media lads.
It beats me why lads get so hot and bothered about what some talentless hack has to lower himself to write to earn his crust.
I remember a story SAF told about his early days at United when things were not going well.He was clearly a bit down one day and Matt Busby asked him what was wrong . SAF said all the negative press was getting to him . Busby replied “ Don’t read it then”.
SAF said it was one of the best bits of advice he ever got.

DavidDeSchmikes

Yet in January

Posh Red

Simon Jordan has been calling him out on his anti united bias for a few weeks now. In the end he backtracked on the above statement. Probably when he realised how ridiculous it made him look, and the parallels between United now and Liverpool at the time, who were a massive club that were hugely underperforming.

According to the knobs at sky, rangnick is the worst manager in the league!

I'd actually missed this! Honestly this is some top tier level trolling. :lol: I don't even think I've seen Talksport try to make out Rangnick is the worst coach in the top flight.

sugar_kane

Danny Murphy looking and talking like he's been on the piss all day, there.

He's making shit up anyway, unless I missed some celebrations which were beyond the usual clapping the fans/smiling at each other/patting each other on the back etc? Hardly league title winning level theatrics.

Also literally no-one is saying everything is fine now we're fourth. Dick.

mark_a

Danny Murphy - always bringing the bitter divorced Dad vibes!

There's always some angle that whatever United just did wasn't good enough, and queues of "pundits" to get paid to write a piece on it. As others have said, I get that. They want to get clicks/likes/engagement & they'll do anything to get it.

And no, this isn't a "poor us" / victims post, we're not Liverpool! But a lot of the bias is just baked into things. For example driving back from Old Trafford a few weeks back, we'd played much better than we had done in previous games, plenty of areas of improvement, but we only got a draw. Lawrenson pops up on Radio 5 saying "I haven't watched them much this season" followed by his comments on how poor we were! So it's not bias on his part, just not doing his job properly. He'll never notice any improvements if he's not keeping track.

Hughie77

Danny Murphy stealing a living, by being controversial it put money in his pocket, the most Baised pundit ever. Can anyone remember how the bindippers celebrated a draw when Ince scored for them. And that was just to put a dent in UTDs title chances. Jeez how the narrative changes. Guys a bute.

RedTiger

Half mast
Simon Jordan has been calling him out on his anti united bias for a few weeks now. In the end he backtracked on the above statement. Probably when he realised how ridiculous it made him look, and the parallels between United now and Liverpool at the time, who were a massive club that were hugely underperforming.
How has Simon Jordan been calling Danny out? Honest question as I avoid listening to Simon Jordan.

Posh Red

How has Simon Jordan been calling Danny out? Honest question as I avoid listening to Simon Jordan.
Well for a while now Jordan has been backing Ralf. He believes we will make top four and surprise people in the UCL by going a bit deeper. Today he told Danny that he analyses United in a way that he doesn’t do for any other club with his micro analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.