I see the 'ABU' Media are back in full voice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

90 + 5min

Almost makes me relieved they don't show Sky Sports on American TV anymore. I only watched it for Hayley McQueen and Jo Wilson anyway.
Nothing new. There have been lot of ABU since, well forever. After our greatest era there have been jealous people inside and outside football who have been doing nothing less then trying to put us down in every way.

mctrials23

15 goals, top scorer and the fact we are in the CL second round solely down to him?
Thats a very simplistic view of him. He has missed a lot of easy chances for a player of his calibre, he is a massive issue in a team that wants to press and he causes all sorts of issues with defending from the front and creating a harmonious team. I would suggest that we would have scored more than his 15 goals without him (not necessarily a single player but the team as a whole) and we would generally be a better team without him.

Obviously complete speculation but he is the biggest change from last season and the contrast has been stark.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
According to the knobs at sky, rangnick is the worst manager in the league!

It's amazing how Bielsa can get absolutely twatted by numerous sides, yet still holds onto a completely unwarranted reputation as a great coach. I do even quite like him, but it's just beyond silly now.

I'm assuming this is graded by their all time records as coaches, rather than their contributions to the clubs they are pictured with, because there's no way Conte immediately goes into the top tier from his time at Spurs so far. but then if it's all time records, Tuchel isn't #1 either.

cyberman

Thats a very simplistic view of him. He has missed a lot of easy chances for a player of his calibre, he is a massive issue in a team that wants to press and he causes all sorts of issues with defending from the front and creating a harmonious team. I would suggest that we would have scored more than his 15 goals without him (not necessarily a single player but the team as a whole) and we would generally be a better team without him.

Obviously complete speculation but he is the biggest change from last season and the contrast has been stark.
All of our forwards have missed easy chances though. The fact he had 15 and could have doubled that by February tells a lot!
We are even playing out best with him in the side since the international break imo.

Withnail

Thing is BBC usually don't do funny. It reads like it's from one of those shit Twitter handles like Oddsbible or the like. I don't think it's paranoia to suggest there's an anti United element to that tweet.
Yeah I think it is a bit paranoid to be honest.

Bruno not setting the world alight at International level while scoring and assisting at the level he has been for his club is a bit of an odd one so I don't think it's unusual for it to be commented on when he finally comes through in an important game.

Loon

:lol:
MOTDx just had the nauseating Jenas slapping butts with some arrogant dipper and a Chelsea fan over our current plight.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
MOTDx just had the nauseating Jenas slapping butts with some arrogant dipper and a Chelsea fan over our current plight.
Slating someone else doesn't make you look any better yourself though.
Jenas could do with learning that. He'll always just be a fairly average premier league player who was pretty much done by 30.

Loon

:lol:
Slating someone else doesn't make you look any better yourself though.
Jenas could do with learning that. He'll always just be a fairly average premier league player who was pretty much done by 30.
They were supposed to be talking about the cup final as well. Jenas is not exactly Des Lynam, but he has a high opinion of himself.

The BBC will employ him for years to come. Just as Sky inexplicably love Jamie Redknapp.

Corridor of Uncertainty

MOTDx and Jenas feck me off more than VAR.

Old man yelling at clouds stuff I know, but they both really boil my piss. I think it's the way both the show and Jenas presents themselves as the new 'cool' way of following football.

Hughie77

This guy thinks he's someone, his chops all over tv . Can any one remember when there was talk he was better than Scholes and should be in the England team etc, it was just before our game against Newcastle , when we were chasing Arsenal.
Jenas scored a screamer put them 1 up if I remember correctly, then it was the Scholes show after that Hatrick set up other goals, 1-6 we went on to catch Arsenal and win the league.
Didn't hear much about Jenas after that, he's a bitter man big big big time and more like him and they have in turn put the knife in. Can't wait when they have to take them out.

ShinjiNinja26

MOTDx and Jenas feck me off more than VAR.

Old man yelling at clouds stuff I know, but they both really boil my piss. I think it's the way both the show and Jenas presents themselves as the new 'cool' way of following football.
You’re not alone. He’s an absolute wanker and has one of those smug faces you wouldn’t tire of punching.

Smithy89

On the flipside, if he ended up at City post Pep he'd be hailed as the second coming and the best around. Typical British media when it comes to anything United.

Lost bear

On the flipside, if he ended up at City post Pep he'd be hailed as the second coming and the best around. Typical British media when it comes to anything United.
Yep. It really is appalling, and I too cannot wait until someone can shut the feckers up!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
This thread is extremely scouse.
I know right? It's actually quite embarrassing. It's the kind of thing we used to laugh in the RAWK threads.

The club is getting lambasted left right centre because we're terrible. The negativity is deserved.

Andy_Cole

Thought this is worth bumping.

So Erikson rejects us to join Brentford. Wrong.
de Jong no chance joining United to stay at Barca with a pay cut. Stick my neck out to say this is wrong.
Ronaldo desperate to leave us for Champions League football. TBC. Hypothesis this has been over hyped by ABU too. Let’s wait and see.

Flexdegea

Funny the mental gymnastics or how dramatic they pretend to be around us and transfers.

Love when they say stuff like this isnt United I know who they buying, like we just galactio signing every summer no questions. They manipulate any situation to get the knife in.

Talksport been immense this week.

All saying Erikson will improve us but then proceed to pretend it's a bad signing and not United like. Can't win

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
According to the knobs at sky, rangnick is the worst manager in the league!

One of their b candidates got sacked and the other choked CL qualification. Dyche got Burnley relegated while E tier Frank kept Brentford up and Viera for a good job.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I just don't understand it.

It's almost like a Caf herd mentality. Most in here have this unshakable faith that United is heading in the right direction. Anyone who questions our current malaise is anti-United.

For now.

But, in a few months or years, the mood turns sour and pessimistic, and then the optimists get blasted. This way and that. Is this what it is to be a fan? For better and for worse? Are optimism and support mutually inclusive?

Dudes. Our club is in serious shit. I know success comes in cycles, but why can't we just be realistic about it without getting our heads bitten off? The media isn't always anti-Utd. Sometimes the truth just hurts.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I just don't understand it.

It's almost like a Caf herd mentality. Most in here have this unshakable faith that United is heading in the right direction. Anyone who questions our current malaise is anti-United.

For now.

But, in a few months or years, the mood turns sour and pessimistic, and then the optimists get blasted. This way and that. Is this what it is to be a fan? For better and for worse? Are optimism and support mutually inclusive?

Dudes. Our club is in serious shit. I know success comes in cycles, but why can't we just be realistic about it without getting our heads bitten off? The media isn't always anti-Utd. Sometimes the truth just hurts.
It's typical. Most people struggle to overcome their biases and look further than a few months in the future.

Politics is a perfect example and an apt comparison to football fans because tribalism is huge.

Amarsdd

"so everyone hears it loud and clear, that United 4-0 does not mean anything, I mean nothing, nothing at all!! Absolutely nothing!! Liverpool played the whole match with their reserves! So absolutely nothing!!! Got it?! Nothing! And if Liverpool had won it, they would have not touched or gone to lift that trophy! No way they would have done that. That's just embarrassing!" - Most of the reporting from the match yesterday.
Yes, we know that game doesn't mean much but you don't have keep harping on about that at every possible opportunity.

Tavern in the town

"so everyone hears it loud and clear, that United 4-0 does not mean anything, I mean nothing, nothing at all!! Absolutely nothing!! Liverpool played the whole match with their reserves! So absolutely nothing!!! Got it?! Nothing! And if Liverpool had won it, they would have not touched or gone to lift that trophy! No way they would have done that. That's just embarrassing!" - Most of the reporting from the match yesterday.
Yes, we know that game doesn't mean much but you don't have keep harping on about that at every possible opportunity.
Where is this? Sky Sports and BBC have both done pieces praising us and Ten Hag.

Status
Not open for further replies.