Ibrahim Sangare | signs new PSV contract till 2027

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Sangare was poor, to almost a laughing stock in his first season for PSV. However last season he improved by leaps and bounds I have to say. He's a strong DM, capable of bullying his opponents, who has improved in possession and even scored some cracking goals. Nevertheless I wouldn't see him as a United player yet. More like a player Newcastle would buy at this point.

wolvored

Sangare was poor, to almost a laughing stock in his first season for PSV. However last season he improved by leaps and bounds I have to say. He's a strong DM, capable of bullying his opponents, who has improved in possession and even scored some cracking goals. Nevertheless I wouldn't see him as a United player yet. More like a player Newcastle would buy at this point.
Is he an improvement on McFred?

Dempi

Supports
PSV
Different type of player. He's a more typical DM type of player than both of them. Defensively bettet than both I'd say, on the ball he might be worse than both of them.
He wasn't poor at all. He has qualities that are not appreciated in Holland and then his weak points are highlighted as if he is a bad player. He was really important in his first season for psv and was (one of) the best last season. Definitely an upgrade on Fred or McTomiay, but that doenst mean much imo.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I must be getting old... another one I've never heard of but four goals in 49 appearances tells me one thing: he only scored four goals more than me, you and everyone else here. No thanks

Telsim

I must be getting old... another one I've never heard of but four goals in 49 appearances tells me one thing: he only scored four goals more than me, you and everyone else here. No thanks
I hope you are being silly.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Is he an improvement on McFred?
He’s not as good as Fred, who has been a regular for Brazil for the last 6-7 years and who was one of Donetsk’s better players. He’s also done okay at United if you look at it objectively. He’d have been a lot better with a proper coach in charge. Sangare’s career so far is pretty underwhelming IMO. I think there must be better options out there.

wolvored

He’s not as good as Fred, who has been a regular for Brazil for the last 6-7 years and who was one of Donetsk’s better players. He’s also done okay at United if you look at it objectively. He’d have been a lot better with a proper coach in charge. Sangare’s career so far is pretty underwhelming IMO. I think there must be better options out there.
If hes not better than Fred, who isnt good enough anyway, then its pointless going for him.

TheReligion

Abusive
With a post like that I find it hard to believe you’re getting old.

Ollie Derbyshire

If hes not better than Fred, who isnt good enough anyway, then its pointless going for him.
Fred gets a lot of criticism, think he’s been good overall for us, yes there’s been mistakes but everyone in the team has made those. Playing him as a 6 was the issue there, he’s not a CDM.

Play him as a box to box presser in a well drilled side and he’ll be a great squad player for us if not pushing for a first 11 spot.

Kostov

Fred is abysmal, if true stay clear of this guy.

mav_9me

Fred gets a lot of criticism, think he’s been good overall for us, yes there’s been mistakes but everyone in the team has made those. Playing him as a 6 was the issue there, he’s not a CDM.

Play him as a box to box presser in a well drilled side and he’ll be a great squad player for us if not pushing for a first 11 spot.
Agree with your 2nd paragraph. You can see that in the difference between the Brazil Fred and our Fred.

mav_9me

He can’t, that’s the problem with people wanting DMs
That's why I am not keen on players like Ndidi, pure DM who are not good enough on the ball. I don't know about this guy but I want players like Carrick, Fernandinho, Busquets etc rather than a limited on the ball DM.

JohnnyLaw

Is he that much worse on the ball than Tchouameni who I think the majority of posters were all keen on heading into the summer?

Their stats seem to mirror one another with Sangaré actually completing 70 passes per game which is more than most and closer to the likes of Kroos and Busquets.

Even if he doesn’t progress the ball as much as those guys he doesn’t seem to shirk responsibility in the build up like McT and Fred and with the likes of Bruno, Eriksen and possibly De Jong I don’t see ball progression as being much of an issue?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That's why I am not keen on players like Ndidi, pure DM who are not good enough on the ball. I don't know about this guy but I want players like Carrick, Fernandinho, Busquets etc rather than a limited on the ball DM.
Exactly
Though it doesn’t seem to be on the radar of ETH

mav_9me

Is he that much worse on the ball than Tchouameni who I think the majority of posters were all keen on heading into the summer?

Their stats seem to mirror one another with Sangaré actually completing 70 passes per game which is more than most and closer to the likes of Kroos and Busquets.

Even if he doesn’t progress the ball as much as those guys he doesn’t seem to shirk responsibility in the build up like McT and Fred and with the likes of Bruno, Eriksen and possibly De Jong I don’t see ball progression as being much of an issue?
I don't know anything about Sangare but imo Tchouameni is totally fine on the ball from what I've seen. In fact he is a complete CM. I've even seen articles/ comments that he is a bit wasted as a pure DM.

Chief123

A lot of reports emerging saying talks are progressing well with PSV to sign Sangare. Some reliable sports editor in Italy has confirmed the same.

Joseunited

A lot of reports emerging saying talks are progressing well with PSV to sign Sangare. Some reliable sports editor in Italy has confirmed the same.
Those reports will soon be debunked on here.Its what we like to do.
Meanwhile,he's a DM,let's sign him up.

Crimson King

Feels a lot like PSV trying to build interest in him. He'll probably move this summer but I'd be surprised if it was to us.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don't there's anything to it, maybe its the plan B if we don't get De Jong, I remember sky reporting united and Chelsea interest earlier in the window.
But i know you're against DMs :lol:
I just don’t think we’re signing one

Status
Not open for further replies.