Ibrahim Sangare

Affirmation

I have been following his progress for a while and I think Ibrahim Sangare would be a relatively cheap and easy to get Transfer Target. He would also be an ideal as well as realistic signing to improve our Midfield, just look at all the great players who play in a similar role that have come from France including Ngolo Kante and Idrissa Gueye. He would be a fantastic signing for us and would be an ideal partner for Paul Pogba should we continue to play two Midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 style formation.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/328075/Show/Ibrahim-Sangaré

I noticed both "Statman Dave" and "Tifo Football" also suggested that he would be a great acquisition for Manchester United. Many of the reasons they state pretty much sum up what I think he can bring to this team.

Last edited:

beingshe7don

Ibrahim Sangare looks okay but he looks constantly off balance. Also, I would like James Garner to be given a chance. Bringing Sangare in would inhibit his chances as Garner looks like a terrific deep-lying playmaker.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ibrahim Sangare looks okay but he looks constantly off balance. Also, I would like James Garner to be given a chance. Bringing Sangare in would inhibit his chances as Garner looks like a terrific deep-lying playmaker.
In reality it would not because it would involve likely Matic (contract expires at season end) and probably Fred leaving

Also if we look at our competition they have good squads which is what we need.

M16Red

Just about to say the same thing, with pressure of EPL football I think he'd get swamped.. however that Florian Grllitsch fella looks like he'd be a nice fit - he's long ball play is Carrick like and we will need someone to switch play or drop a ball over the top, if Pogba goes AWOL.

beingshe7don

In reality it would not because it would involve likely Matic (contract expires at season end) and probably Fred leaving

Also if we look at our competition they have good squads which is what we need.
What I'm getting at is that we need to have a good balance of experience and youth exuberance. For every inclusion of McTominay, Garner (youth) in the squad, we need to have an experienced player brought in. Obviously Matic and Fred, despite having the experience are not good enough. We need someone who can be that leader in midfield like we do with Maguire in defense. Pogba is our talisman NOT the midfield leader we need. So the addition of players who are around 25/26 would be good is my take. For example, Bruno is an example...

Maureen-yo

Spurs have made a bid thought to be between £15-20 million.
Absolute steal at that price.

Gopher Brown

I’m pretty sure he only exists in the world of Tifo ‘sensible transfers’ videos

Maureen-yo

Where did you hear that?
Paper talk but quite a few of them repeating it and a fair few tweets this evening too. Saw one on the transfer tweets on here too, check it out. :)

on a separate note and don’t want to hijack the thread but thoughts on Joe Hart? Will he play or just be a guide for younger players etc?

pascell

Paper talk but quite a few of them repeating it and a fair few tweets this evening too. Saw one on the transfer tweets on here too, check it out. :)

on a separate note and don’t want to hijack the thread but thoughts on Joe Hart? Will he play or just be a guide for younger players etc?
Joe Hart is a world class 3rd choice 'keeper.

starman

For 15m, United should be looking at him, he is a risk worth taking at that price as a potential Matic replacement

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thiago for 30m, this guy for 20m , Reguilon for 25m and people say there is no value in the market.

Maureen-yo

Thiago for 30m, this guy for 20m , Reguilon for 25m and people say there is no value in the market.
This is exactly what I’ve been saying, £75 million for three strong additions to first team/squad but instead we will trip up over £120 million for Sancho, lose out entirely and end up signing 30 year old Costa for more than these 3.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

He will be a guide for young players mostly unless Lloris gets injuries

Nick7

Is this guy actually good? The only time I’ve ever heard his name was in Tifo videos.

JohnnyLaw

Seen him linked with Aston Villa and Newcastle but with the very real possibility of missing out on Tchouameni, could Ibrahim Sangaré be an alternative for us aswell?

He should be alot cheaper and just going off of whoscored stats he scores very similarly to Tchouameni. Ten Hag might even enjoy getting in one last jab at his old rivals.

Would love to hear what dutch fans think of him.

BarstoolProphet

Hadn't heard about him when the thread was created and I've heard nothing about him 2,5 years later. I don't think he exists.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Been very good in both games against Arsenal, could be one to keep a eye on