Ibrahim Sangare | signs new PSV contract till 2027

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The Dutch league is rated anywhere from 5 to 7 possibly in Europe an do not have a great record of late of players taking their form to England and yet now we seem to hear Timber is rated at 43mil and this guy is about 30mil.
Am I missing something here as I am getting the impression someone is taking us for a ride.
Donny FDJ and DeLigt have ranged from underwhelming to just pretty good overall too.

DSG

I don’t know how you can look at his YouTube highlights and not see some Pogba there. Tall, powerful, but seems to like playing defense. Obviously not as skilled as Pogba, but a tackling machine, and this is backed up by the stats.

I agree he doesn’t seem to have that quick acceleration (like Pogba), but at full pace seems alright.

we aren’t even linked with him though, so… are we?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
37.5m?

Get him in. Sack off fred and the lot.
Doesn't play the same role as Fred. Fred is also underrated in general, although he is ideally a squad option.

Bojan Djordjic

Doesn't play the same role as Fred. Fred is also underrated in general, although he is ideally a squad option.
The Fred-hate is mad. He visibly gives everything he’s got even though he’s routinely played out of position and he was probably our best and consistent outfielder last year given Ronaldo went missing for the middle third of the season but gets raved about here because he was very good in the last couple of months of the season. I’m under no illusion we need an upgrade but I’d happily pay him a salary as a rotation midfielder.

Seven Seas Sardines

37.5m?

Get him in. Sack off fred and the lot.
He has a 35m euro release clause, so it's £30m maximum.

My hope is that we have Sangaré, Timber and Antony all lined up waiting to sign them once our poker game with Barcelona ends. Since they're either with Ajax or have a release clause they should be possible to obtain pretty quickly once Frenkie's over the line.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Watching his highlights is strange because, off the ball, he looks a bit cumbersome and slow. But on the ball there's flashes of Yaya Toure and some nice footwork for a big player. Yet he's meant to be a destroyer type CDM.
My exact thought as well. Actually reminded me a bit of a «Maguire in midfield». Not necessarily slow, but just not agile. I think we need someone quick and agile. Really like the look of Kone.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

My hope is that we have Sangaré, Timber and Antony all lined up waiting to sign them once our poker game with Barcelona ends. Since they're either with Ajax or have a release clause they should be possible to obtain pretty quickly once Frenkie's over the line.
I think we're passing on timber , but yeah the others should happen pretty quickly.

captaincantona

The Fred-hate is mad. He visibly gives everything he’s got even though he’s routinely played out of position and he was probably our best and consistent outfielder last year given Ronaldo went missing for the middle third of the season but gets raved about here because he was very good in the last couple of months of the season. I’m under no illusion we need an upgrade but I’d happily pay him a salary as a rotation midfielder.
Agreed

El Presidente

Donny FDJ and DeLigt have ranged from underwhelming to just pretty good overall too.
You must be talking about a different FDJ, because he's not in that category even with the underwhelming season that he's had.
I don't rate De Ligt's Juventus version, but they generally like him there, from what i gather, so who knows.
Donny was just a madness and I seem to remember that even the Dutch were saying he's not that good at the time. But this comes from the club who paid 80m for Maguire, so who cares.

Anyway, I like Sangare, but you feel like if Brighton or whoever were taking a punt on him, he'd go for like 12-15m.

Abraxas

You must be talking about a different FDJ, because he's not in that category even with the underwhelming season that he's had.
I don't rate De Ligt's Juventus version, but they generally like him there, from what i gather, so who knows.
Donny was just a madness and I seem to remember that even the Dutch were saying he's not that good at the time. But this comes from the club who paid 80m for Maguire, so who cares.

Anyway, I like Sangare, but you feel like if Brighton or whoever were taking a punt on him, he'd go for like 12-15m.
I'm not sure this is true in this particular case simply due to the release clause. They obviously negotiated that figure at some point to earn the players contract. It's their prerogative to undercut their own clause but doing that when a team from a money league comes in seems questionable. Not sure why you'd suddenly sell for half of that, I think any team will have to get near the clause as quite logically that's the figure that tells us what they're happy to sell at.

userman

Solely judging his stats on Whoscored and YouTube he seems to lose the ball quite often (dispossessed and unsuccessful touches), and that’s in the Dutch league. How would he cut in the PL?
Our new DM must be someone that can control, keep and retain possession. We don’t need another Fred or McT (and they do have roles to play in the squad).

GL21

Up to December Fred honestly was just atrocious. SOME decent performances after that but beforehand and previous seasons were too bad to forgive

AttackAttackAttack

I think a player going for 35m is one we can afford to take a gamble on. I haven’t seen anything but YouTube videos of Sangarè but I’ve read what posters are saying. He will either be our midfield destroyer savior or a flop but, and this is key, he will not cost a fortune or be on extravagant wages so we should be able to move him on if it doesn’t work out and recoup most of our money. These are the type of signing we need to make to move us forward. The reward is much greater than the risk.

bucky

How good is he ? especially to us...
He's decent. However, similar to Kamara, he isn't some must have player, rather a value in the market signing, if we don't get better players in. He would definitely need time, if we were to sign him. I'd prefer him to Sangaré though.

arthurka

Another player that would make sense let's not do that, let's wait till end of August and get Fellaini and Baines.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
His dribbling seems like his best asset at times and I’m still to be that wondered by it.

Kxng Ander

I would consider it to be your fault if we get him and he fails :lol:
Haha, he won't I got a good feeling. Just hope ETH is feeling the same.
And you do realise the players you have compared him to play in the two best leagues in world football?
Well yes, that was the point. Even if he were to drop off a little bit adjusting to the league he would still be one of the top 10 DMs in the league.

Skills

Snitch
Haha, he won't I got a good feeling. Just hope ETH is feeling the same.

Well yes, that was the point. Even if he were to drop off a little bit adjusting to the league he would still be one of the top 10 DMs in the league.
So midtable?

Kxng Ander

So midtable?
We've had McTominay and yet here we are, still in the top 6. He would be quite the improvement.

Regardless if there is an adjustment period, it'll be worth the wait. The stats don't lie, he is one of the best defensive midfielders in Europe.

Ekeke

Would be a great almost like for like replacement for Matic. Big unit who competes for the ball and can play

Status
Not open for further replies.