Ibrahim Sangare | signs new PSV contract till 2027

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick.

Apparently €35m may be enough to acquire his services.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Watched Ivory Coast match during AFCON and was really impressed by how he played. Good experience at PSV so does seem the type that will pop up in premier league sooner or later.

Rolaholic

A 6'3 genuine defensive mid rated by Liverpool scouts?

Tell me more please...

His attributes fit exactly what we've needed in front of the backline

Nick.

Watched Ivory Coast match during AFCON and was really impressed by how he played. Good experience at PSV so does seem the type that will pop up in premier league sooner or later.
He got man of the match in the cup final against Ajax a few weeks ago too.

dutchred

He's physically strong and a good tackler, but his distribution is not the best, we would still need someone like de Jong to bring the ball out of defense

Seven Seas Sardines

I'm baffled as to why we haven't gone for Sangaré or Bissouma yet. Literally the only viable options left to partner Frenkie.

Erik must've paid close attention to his rival's star DM in Eredivisie too.

Rolaholic

He's physically strong and a good tackler, but his distribution is not the best, we would still need someone like de Jong to bring the ball out of defense
Quite sure De Jong is the no.1 midfield target but we would absolutely still need an out and out DM to play beside him if we got him.

Would allow Frenkie to do what he does best

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We better be signing 2 midfielders!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Haven’t seen him too much but he looks a little immobile to me.

Bissouma would be my first choice without doubt. Class player, knows the league too. Great as both a ball winner and ball user. Sure he has a year left on his deal too.

Rolaholic

Bissouma would be my first choice without doubt. Class player, knows the league too. Great as both a ball winner and ball user.
Quite sure multiple clubs would be all over him if it wasn't for his legal situation.

Can't see United looking into it much coming on the heels of the Greenwood stuff...

cyberman

Bissouma would be my first choice without doubt. Class player, knows the league too. Great as both a ball winner and ball user. Sure he has a year left on his deal too.
We would have to fire him from the club if he’s found guilty though. That’s an enormous gamble to take on a potential sex offender.

Long Time Red

I think we need to sign someone like Sangare more than De Jong.

We desperately need more of a physical presence in midfield.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sangare and Frenkie would be nice

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Quite sure multiple clubs would be all over him if it wasn't for his legal situation.

Can't see United looking into it much coming on the heels of the Greenwood stuff...
We would have to fire him from the club if he’s found guilty though. That’s an enormous gamble to take on a potential sex offender.

He has no ‘legal situation’ and is not awaiting/on any trial to be ‘found guilty’ of though. Not sure why the ongoing misunderstanding of his legal case. He was arrested 8 months ago and released without charge. That’s it.

Rolaholic

He has no ‘legal situation’ and is not awaiting/on any trial to be ‘found guilty’ of though. Not sure why the ongoing misunderstanding of his legal case. He was arrested 8 months ago and released without charge. That’s it.
Still under investigation though...

We're literally going through a similar situation already. Other clubs might sign up for him regardless but I really doubt we will

Rolaholic

Compares favorably to Real's 100m man for 65m less

Smores

Bissouma would still cost a fair bit so I imagine we're looking at cheaper options.

We'll have to compromise in some of the gaps that need filling unfortunately.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Which means nothing in an of itself. It’s not a legal status of any kind. The fact that he was arrested and then bailed, before then being released from bail just means the coos reserve the right to ask him anymore questions if they wish. People can stay ‘under investigation’ indefinitely. People are acting as if there is some ongoing case that requires an ‘outcome’ - there really isn’t.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

We're literally going through a similar situation already. Other clubs might sign up for him regardless but I really doubt we will
We’re not going through a similar situation. We’re going through a similar situation to the person Bissouma was arrested with, but not to Bissouma himself.

Greenwood is the subject of criminal proceedings and Bissouma is not.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Bissouma would still cost a fair bit so I imagine we're looking at cheaper options.

We'll have to compromise in some of the gaps that need filling unfortunately.
He has a year left on his deal I’m sure.

Idxomer

Which means nothing in an of itself. It’s not a legal status of any kind. The fact that he was arrested and then bailed, before then being released from bail just means the coos reserve the right to ask him anymore questions if they wish. People can stay ‘under investigation’ indefinitely. People are acting as if there is some ongoing case that requires an ‘outcome’ - there really isn’t.
He can also come and go as he pleases, he has been playing with Mali in every international break in the last 6 months.

Judas

Open to offers
We’re not going through a similar situation. We’re going through a similar situation to the person Bissouma was arrested with, but not to Bissouma himself.

Greenwood is the subject of criminal proceedings and Bissouma is not.
Look you can say all this but it’s most likely not a coincidence that no one is being linked with him at all. There’s not a sniff of interest from what I’ve seen.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Quite sure De Jong is the no.1 midfield target but we would absolutely still need an out and out DM to play beside him if we got him.

But isn't De Jong at his best as a deep-lying playmaker behind 2 CM's? Where would Sangare fit in that 3 man midfield if he's not getting the DM position?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Look you can say all this but it’s most likely not a coincidence that no one is being linked with him at all. There’s not a sniff of interest from what I’ve seen.
Well there’s not a sniff of anything - not a sniff of any criminal proceedings, disciplinary action or discussion about his legal status. He’s living his life as normal without any mention apart from a fee on the caf from what I can see.

We Need Another Rebuild

Would be the perfect Foil for a ETH System if their is any truth in this.

He could be the Aggressive Stopper & FDJ Could be the DLP.

Fits the mould but whether it's just agents or lazy journalism remains to be seen.

We haven't been linked with many DMs so might be keeping our cards close to our chest on this.

Giggsy13

The club will let him go to Leicester or Everton on the cheap where he’ll prove to be a massive bargain, and then we’ll monitor him for several years while considering a bid of £80 million plus.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Compares favorably to Real's 100m man for 65m less
Those passing stats are quite good really. Would be nice to have a DM who's not afraid to take some responsibility for creating at times as well.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Not true, Frenkie isnt necessarily best with an out and out DM.

Didnt have one at Ajax/Barcelona (when Busquets didnt play). And doesnt need one at Oranje either.

dasty

I had been wondering why we aren't linked with him as he looked really good this season and has a very reasonable price tag. Ten Hag would know him really well too seeing he is one of the key players for his rivals. Hopefully there is something in this because frankly we need more than one midfielder this transfer window.

Tarrou

The club will let him go to Leicester or Everton on the cheap where he’ll prove to be a massive bargain, and then we’ll monitor him for several years while considering a bid of £80 million plus.
I must’ve read some version of this 1000 times on this forum

why do you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.