Ibrahim Sangare | signs new PSV contract till 2027

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThanksBoss26

Yeah I’m the same. But the sceptic in me still thinks they are selling us a blank cd with the new new backroom reshuffle.
Oh absolutely, just think with the scrutiny fully on them (as it is right now) they might pull a rabbit or two out the hat with a couple of players completely under the radar. As I say though, could all be wishful thinking on my part

Tarrou

am I the only one who thinks he looks a bit meh?

I mean, maybe he'd do well at a lower PL team. But aren't we trying to dominate the ball with ETH?

Seven Seas Sardines

I mean, maybe he'd do well at a lower PL team. But aren't we trying to dominate the ball with ETH?
Very lazy to say he's poor on the ball because he's tall. He's got passing, tricks, feints and long shots in his locker.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Another rumour that will be discussed to death on here and we won’t hear anything else about. Next.

lifted

He's quite an effective ball carrier but doesn't always look fully in control. I'm not too sure I'd be keen on us signing him - a tier or two below the level we really need.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He becomes a pressing magnet then though. Then you have De Jongs partner who isn’t good on the ball being out into ball playing positions because De Jong wants to play it out.
Well I haven't seen him play so no comment on what his passing ability is, just replying to previous post and suggesting he can do a basic (but important) role for us. And maybe better than our current options.

Later post ⬆⬆ by someone suggests his passing ability is not that bad so I'll be glass half full. Fernandinhos passing wasn't that great and he worked ok (appreciate different/better set up) before Rodri came in.

I think this will be where THs coaching comes in. When our players get the ball, the options are absolute xxxx... our players are statues. He needs to get them moving, into the 'right' positions which will then give our midfielders more options to pass out and transition quickly.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm baffled as to why we haven't gone for Sangaré or Bissouma yet. Literally the only viable options left to partner Frenkie.

Erik must've paid close attention to his rival's star DM in Eredivisie too.
From what I understand Bissouma is better on the ball

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He's quite an effective ball carrier but doesn't always look fully in control. I'm not too sure I'd be keen on us signing him - a tier or two below the level we really need.
No CL though. Huge issue for us in getting players to come AND making sure we don't get mercenaries.

We made our bed, we have to lie in it (hopefully for one season then top 4).

afatzp

I'm at the stage that any new name Man Utd remotely linked would excite me. Please Murtough do something !!!

joedirt87

our midfield is currently bottom of the league tier

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Never heard of him until this thread but I'm utterly convinced he is better than rice and our saviour.

Devil may care

One to add to Kone and Enzo Fernandez as an option for the 2nd, ball winning cheaper CM.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Very lazy to say he's poor on the ball because he's tall. He's got passing, tricks, feints and long shots in his locker.

In the Eredivsie. It's not lazy, because they disagree. The only midfielder from the ED Ive seen hack it in the PL in recent years is Davy Propper (Brighton) and he was an absolute maestro before his move, levels above what Sangare has shown. His highlight reels from his PSV days are still online and can attest to that.

Now obviously Sangare has other skills, he's an elite ball winner. But I think it's fair to question his technical ability for Manchester United. Otherwise don't be suprised to see another Donny.

His long shot isn't a very technical one, btw. He smashes it, like McTominay.

Teja

He doesn't look that great even in his highlight reel. Gives me the same vibe as someone like Docoure (The Watford one) because of his frame, the way he runs with the ball etc.

Picked out some interesting passes though.

gorky_utd

We will be linked with him then Chelsea will sign him for 30m and we will get jorginho for 40m on deadline day.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Not good enough for the level United should aim for. Great for the level below though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He doesn't look that great even in his highlight reel. Gives me the same vibe as someone like Docoure (The Watford one) because of his frame, the way he runs with the ball etc.

Picked out some interesting passes though.
Well our midfield is such that Doucoure would start for us, so better than nothing...

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Don’t know him but disagree with most people on the profile of player we need. I’d rather get two equally good defenders who can both play on the ball. Neves and De Jong is the dream for me.

MUFC OK

Nope I agree he looks clumsy and not overly impressive (from his highlights reel).

Our fans are thirsty at this point.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
I would have thought ETH would be looking for a CM that gets around the pitch, is good tackler but is also good on the ball and able to support the attack. Think of Fred but an upgrade. I know ETH played with two DMs when he had FDJ but I wonder if a pure DM like Sangare may not contribute enough.

dutchred

I would have thought ETH would be looking for a CM that gets around the pitch, is good tackler but is also good on the ball and able to support the attack. Think of Fred but an upgrade. I know ETH played with two DMs when he had FDJ but I wonder if a pure DM like Sangare may not contribute enough.
ETH has never played with 2 DM's. When FDJ was at Ajax his partner was Schone who was never a DM

Rolaholic

Was mentioned before but watching stuff on him today, the Tifo football scout guys have been pushing for us to sign him to fill the DM need for 3 years now :lol:

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
ETH has never played with 2 DM's. When FDJ was at Ajax his partner was Schone who was never a DM
I'm going by that quote that's been banded about about him having to play two 6s because FDJ vacates the position too much.
That being said, I don't know much about Schone so not surprised he's not a DM hence why sangare makes no sense for ETHs system

Abraxas

A midfielder from the Dutch league is a bit of a worrying adjustment when you look at a few of those that have come over. I think of all the positions on the pitch, the engine room in the PL is one of the hardest places to be and Dutch football is wide open. It doesn't mean this lad can't do it, but he's seemingly only just arrived onto the scene and impressed.

The other side to it is we've been calling for picking up signings before they go to Leicester or whoever and then warrant 60 million price tags. So eventually you do have to take an educated gamble.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
This transfer saga will be brought to you by the Tifo football podcast.

Tifo recommends Ibrahim Sangaré

Status
Not open for further replies.