Ibrahim Sangare | signs new PSV contract till 2027

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I'm not sure on this lad.
Would probably be a better movie for a mid-table club than one looking to challenge.

(I know I know, we are mid-table at the moment but you get my point)

Blood Mage

I'm not sure on this lad.
Would probably be a better movie for a mid-table club than one looking to challenge.

(I know I know, we are mid-table at the moment but you get my point)
Beggars can't be choosers. There aren't many top-class DMs who aren't already at top clubs on big wages.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Beggars can't be choosers. There aren't many top-class DMs who aren't already at top clubs on big wages.
Then maybe we should wait?
Midfield is the most important part of the team by far, I much rather we build one capable of winning the league and the Champions League in the years to come instead of patched up one, and it seems we're moving in the right direction by getting de jong.

Considering how shit we are at offloading players it might be worth to just skip on this one and promote some of the youth players instead, there always be new better players available.

If it all gone to shit we could go for him again in jan.

Cman

Not seen him play but we can’t be spending £80m on every position we need so at this price he might be worth a punt. Also a 6’ foot 3 he will offer us a bit of height that we may be lacking with our other transfer targets.

Ted Lasso

Looks a tad bit slow. But hey, I've been watching fred, mctominay and matic for years now.

Anything would be an upgrade.
He does, doesn't he? Reminded me a lot of Matic to be honest.

I can see why we might be interested - aside from the physical presence and defensive side there were quite a bit more incisive forward passes than we see from McFred. Again, a lot more like Matic.

Kxng Ander

This guy is class and ETH should know that because he cost him the cup final. I see a lot of people here wanting him to be more than what we need which is a real enforcer who can connect the defense to the attack.

In a comparison against Kante, Rodri, Fabinho and Casemiro, Sangare shines.

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/?compare=MPob6MEgchmEZsig-1ks5

1st for Tackles Made per 90
2nd for Touches per 90
2nd for Passes Attempted per 90
1st for Forward Passes per 90
1st for Ball Recoveries per 90
1st for Shots per 90
2nd for Passes per 90
1st for Takeons Completed per 90
1st for Aerial Duels Success%
1st for Ground Duels Success%
1st for Ground Duels Completed per 90
1st for Interceptions per 90

This is one of the best defensive midfielders in Europe. He is better in the air and on the ground than the best around. He's a goal threat, he makes a lot of forward passes and he can swivel out of players under pressure as his 1.8 take-ons per 90 show.

Next season could be his world-class season. Are we really going to let him do that at Liverpool?

Reactions: sizzling sausages

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is this guy a proper DM or a box to box type player?

OpenIntrovert

Is this guy a proper DM or a box to box type player?
Box to box (CM). His attributes are more towards CM then a pure DM. He tends to make a lot of ball recoveries from tracking back which indicates that he is not good at patiently reading the game and making interceptions. As a CM that is fine as they tend to make their ball recoveries by tracking back.

Tarrou

This guy is class and ETH should know that because he cost him the cup final. I see a lot of people here wanting him to be more than what we need which is a real enforcer who can connect the defense to the attack.

2nd for Touches per 90
1st for Shots per 90
2nd for Passes per 90

This is one of the best defensive midfielders in Europe. He is better in the air and on the ground than the best around. He's a goal threat, he makes a lot of forward passes and he can swivel out of players under pressure as his 1.8 take-ons per 90 show.

Next season could be his world-class season. Are we really going to let him do that at Liverpool?
alright feck it I'm in

Red the Bear

Something less generic

2nd for Touches per 90
1st for Shots per 90
2nd for Passes per 90

I would consider it to be your fault if we get him and he fails :lol:

didz

ETH has never played with 2 DM's. When FDJ was at Ajax his partner was Schone who was never a DM
He did refer to them as "two number sixes" to be fair. I don't want to get into a "number 6 versus DM" kind of debate or anything, but you can see why people would see it that way.

For those cautioning against midfielders from the Eredivisie: would you feel differently about signing a Ligue 1 midfielder? Because Sangare was pretty good at Toulouse and he's clearly a better player now.

DutchRVN

He was by far the best midfielder in the eredivisie last season. Would be a great addition. But PSV won’t release him willingly, the clause is the only reason he is on the market. Great tackler, physically maybe the strongest I have seen recently, and really sees the game.

Paul778

We have 5 subs permently from next season. There will be a lot more tactics from 60 mins than before.

Depending on the game, we need better defensive and offensive options from the bench.

If we get him i think our midfield will be a lot more fluid than we might otherwise think. Starters and first sub are likely to change significantly depending on the opposition, the play style for that match, the game position, home or away, etc.

For the love of god we just need better quality midfield players and this guy looks the part. We haven't had one make consistently good (not great) performances since Hererra.

Real Name

2nd for Touches per 90
1st for Shots per 90
2nd for Passes per 90

Get him in!

He has no ‘legal situation’ and is not awaiting/on any trial to be ‘found guilty’ of though. Not sure why the ongoing misunderstanding of his legal case. He was arrested 8 months ago and released without charge. That’s it.
Exactly.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
@KirkDuyt what's your thoughts on this fella, do you rate him?
He started off as a bit of a joke for pundits who ridiculed his ball control, but he really proved them wrong once he got going. He's strong, fast and even scored a few important goals this season. This is all in the Dutch league though, since PSV were quite poor in Europe under Schmidt. I think he also did well for his national team, but I haven't seen any of those games.

I find it hard to say whether he will also stand out in a league where everyone is as strong as him.

Jordan_mufc

He has no ‘legal situation’ and is not awaiting/on any trial to be ‘found guilty’ of though. Not sure why the ongoing misunderstanding of his legal case. He was arrested 8 months ago and released without charge. That’s it.
Still under investigation apparently, which could put a team off making a multi million pound investment in him

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He started off as a bit of a joke for pundits who ridiculed his ball control, but he really proved them wrong once he got going. He's strong, fast and even scored a few important goals this season. This is all in the Dutch league though, since PSV were quite poor in Europe under Schmidt. I think he also did well for his national team, but I haven't seen any of those games.

I find it hard to say whether he will also stand out in a league where everyone is as strong as him.
Thanks, I guess we find out if he's up to it or not after someone takes a punt on him.
Liverpool scouts seem to rate him so it would be interesting to see what happens to the lad.

Bondi77

2nd for Touches per 90
1st for Shots per 90
2nd for Passes per 90

And you do realise the players you have compared him to play in the two best leagues in world football?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Can we please get footballers in? If he can do the essentials: one-touch; combination play; pass well under pressure; evade the press; pick out forward passes as well as the perfunctory of his role, then sure, if not, we need to be expanding our scouting. If you want progressive football, you need progressive players.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The moaners in FDJ thread wants us to sign player that wants to play for our badge. Just to make everyone happy, just sign both this guy (who is apparently united fan or like united) and sign FDJ. I also want two new midfielders this summer. Everyone are happy.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Never seen him play, but why is he still in Dutch football at 24?

DutchRVN

Only had 2 seasons in the eredivisie, already had a couple years in the French league. He was supposed to go to southhampton 2 years ago, but PSV hijacked the transfer by paying more.

Bojan Djordjic

There was shock at the time that PSV snapped him up because he’s been such an analytics darling for so long and people thought he deserved a bigger move.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The moaners in FDJ thread wants us to sign player that wants to play for our badge. Just to make everyone happy, just sign both this guy (who is apparently united fan or like united) and sign FDJ. I also want two new midfielders this summer. Everyone are happy.
I mean if he's up to it, why not.
Seems to be an alright lad.

Bondi77

The Dutch league is rated anywhere from 5 to 7 possibly in Europe an do not have a great record of late of players taking their form to England and yet now we seem to hear Timber is rated at 43mil and this guy is about 30mil.
Am I missing something here as I am getting the impression someone is taking us for a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.