Ibrahima Konate’

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know. But I exchanged a few DMs with the GFFN account on Twitter and they said Le 10 Sports had got alot of things right in the last few years and pointed the below tweet of how surprised they were with their accuracy at times.

They are both bullshitters, which doesn't mean that 100% of what they write is inaccurate but that they don't really care if it's accurate. I would tell you the same thing about RTL and other media outlets.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
They are both bullshitters, which doesn't mean that 100% of what they write is inaccurate but that they don't really care if it's accurate. I would tell you the same thing about RTL and other media outlets.
Tbh with you the report from Germany is the one I'm hoping will prove accurate. Sport bild do have journos like Christian Falk working for them so the story could have legs. I'm hoping it has legs..:drool:

Bondi77

I would have no problem with the signing, I just do not see it happening;
Lindelof has recently resigned as has Axel and even forgetting about Rojo and Jones we still have Smalling and Bailly who can do a job there.
If Ole is told what his budget is and let us not believe the annual media hype of a 200mil Warchest and be realistic with 120mil at the most I don’t think he will be looking at CB as a priority.

Bondi77

About the same prices that we paid for Bailly and Lindelof

RUCK4444

We are stacked in the CB position but if this kid is as good as made out to be then go for it, especially at that sort of money.

Jones and Rojo have to go.

Infra-red

We need a reliable partner for Maguire. Long term, it is possible that one of our younger CB propsects might rise to the challenge, but in the short term, I'm pretty sure that none of Smalling, Lindelof, Rojo, Bailly or Jones are up to the task.

I'd happily replace most/all of the above, if we could find any takers.

jesperjaap

We need a reliable partner for Maguire. Long term, it is possible that one of our younger CB propsects might rise to the challenge, but in the short term, I'm pretty sure that none of Smalling, Lindelof, Rojo, Bailly or Jones are up to the task.

I'd happily replace most/all of the above, if we could find any takers.
Completely agree. Every one of them has major flaws and the rest of there game doesnt really make up for them. Part of me still has a little hope for Bailly, if he can remain injury free and get a run of games and get some form but I never see us winning anything with Lindelof as our startign centre back. There are literally about two United sides in the last 40years of me supporting the club I would have him starting in. Our current choices are definately a case of quantity over quality. Maguire aside and Tuanzabe I would like to see getting chances to see if he is good enough, apart from that I wouldnt be in the slightest bit bothered of all of them going.
Anybody able to should watch Liepzig who hasnt before today. Two real qualtiy young centre backs with a bit of polishing could be world class

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Anybody able to should watch Liepzig who hasnt before today. Two real qualtiy young centre backs with a bit of polishing could be world class
Looks like neither are playing. Upamecano is suspended because of too many yellow cards, and Konate is only on the bench. With Sancho also only on the bench for Dortmund, it's a bit of a disappointing day for transfer muppets. :(

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Looks like neither are playing. Upamecano is suspended because of too many yellow cards, and Konate is only on the bench. With Sancho also only on the bench for Dortmund, it's a bit of a disappointing day for transfer muppets. :(
Konate had been out injured for months. Should be starting again in a few weeks time once fitness is back up.

3KDré

First start of the season today against Martial and Greenwood. Will be interesting to see how he copes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Eventhough he's younger than Upamecano his maturity really stands out. And whenever he's on the ball he's so composed and unflustered aswell as being aerially dominant.

He didn't look 100% to me in the game and there's more to come from him once he gets his match sharpness back. But I was happy to see him return and hope he can enjoy a injury free season.

RUCK4444

Hard to praise a centreback when his team has conceded 5 goals but he looked better than Dayot who had a complete mare in the end. I'm sure both will bounce back and be good players.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Both clearly have high ceilings, be great to get them both. Imagine them in this team
I think we have plenty of players with high ceilings at this point. If we're buying a CB it need to be one with some nice floors, preferably heated.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Both clearly have high ceilings, be great to get them both. Imagine them in this team
Be like having Ferdinand and Vidic back :drool: I said it in the other thread but the system we've had going since the international break has done wonders for our defence, having an actual top class prospect in there would be excellent.

Andersons Dietician

Did find it funny that before the game the BT pundits were all over Dayot and not one of them mentioned Konaté at all. Looked good yesterday given first start in a while. Hopefully he stays fit.

Varun

Staff
He's the best CB talent at Leipzig, better than Upma. Would take him here in a heartbeat.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Did find it funny that before the game the BT pundits were all over Dayot and not one of them mentioned Konaté at all. Looked good yesterday given first start in a while. Hopefully he stays fit.
i'm not, doubt they've ever seen him to be honest. He's hardly played in the last year since they got "big time"

Upamecano has had some big performances in Europe already. Konate though looks fantastic also, for a big guy he's pretty nimble and agile on the ball and passes really well.

Hoboman

Great all-round centrebeck who has that calming presence only top defenders have.
He is going to be one of the best defenders of his generation should he stays healthy.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Great all-round centrebeck who has that calming presence only top defenders have.
He is going to be one of the best defenders of his generation should he stays healthy.
Thought you were talking about Axel

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not the best best source but Delaney is reporting that Solskjaer has made Konate his main CB target for the summer with Liverpool and Chelsea also interested.

AltiUn

Not The best best source but Delaney is reporting that Solskjaer has made Konate his main CB target for the summer with Liverpool and Chelsea also interested.

Now that's certainly what I like to see on a Monday morning. We've should get our French contingent to tap him up.

Infra-red

That would be great. Quick and excellent in the air - he'd cover very well for both Maguire and Lindelof's weaknesses.

hubbuh

Is he the best CB we could realistically get (I'm asking because I genuinely don't know)? If so, fingers crossed it's genuine.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
From what i've seen, he'd be perfect. But doesn't he have a pretty bad injury record?

AltiUn

Is he the best CB we could realistically get (I'm asking because I genuinely don't know)? If so, fingers crossed it's genuine.
I'd say so, which is why it'd be a bit of disaster if Liverpool ended up nabbing him. Konate and van Dijk sounds like a recipe for a UCL and PL sweep.

Devil may care

He's good but I am concerned about his injury issues and having yet another house end back there, it's not just straight line pace we need next to Maguire, it's agility and lateral ground coverage, someone who can shift across quickly to cover the grass in behind Maguire, to me Kounde is more suited to covering Maguire's weaknesses.

dev1l

From what i've seen, he'd be perfect. But doesn't he have a pretty bad injury record?
Who cares about cb s injury records?
We re the experts at those :)

Last edited:

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Upamecano looks certain to leave this summer, Leipzig seem like a well organised club - are they going to let both of their first choice centre backs leave in the same window?

Adamsk7

He’s great but his injury record is quite concerning to me -

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ibrahima-konate/verletzungen/spieler/357119

It’s hard to tell if it’s just him being so young at 21 as a lot of youngsters get injuries in their first few years and they suddenly clear up BUT I think that record looks a bit worse than that.

He also doesn’t have a buyout like Upa, does he? In which case he’d likely cost a fortune if they’d even entertain letting him go.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's good but I am concerned about his injury issues and having yet another house end back there, it's not just straight line pace we need next to Maguire, it's agility and lateral ground coverage, someone who can shift across quickly to cover the grass in behind Maguire, to me Kounde is more suited to covering Maguire's weaknesses.
He's very quick both laterally and in a straight line mate and has played under Rangnick who had both Konate and Willi Orban on the half way line as the last line of defence in a lot of games. And aswell as being exremely dominant in the air, he was also statistically the best CB at dribbling the ball out of defence in the BuLi. he's the closest CB I've seen in profile to Van Dijk.

He's suffered one injury of note and that was likely due to playing every minute in the league after Upamecano was ruled out for the season. He then played 5 matches for France in the u21 European Championships which for a teenager was too much at the time and likely caused his injury. I don't believe he was well managed.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Upamecano looks certain to leave this summer, Leipzig seem like a well organised club - are they going to let both of their first choice centre backs leave in the same window?
They've already signed Josko Gvardiol and are by all accounts close to signing Mohamed Simikan from Strasbourg who are both left and right sided CBs and will expect to be starting games. So it seems like RBL have prepared for both Upamecano and Konate to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.