Ibrahima Konate’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s injured all the time and if it’s muscle tears etc that’s a big worry. I think Kounde is the best option.

A-man

Not very impressive sub tonight. Not only the pen, but also giving away the ball and some poor timing.

Red_toad

Wow.. That's pretty stupid tackle.
Yes we need to ensure we only buy defenders who never make very minuscule errors that lead to freekicks and penalties. No idea where one of them exists, but I'm still on the Konate train, he's a genuine talent.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yes we need to ensure we only buy defenders who never make very minuscule errors that lead to freekicks and penalties. No idea where one of them exists, but I'm still on the Konate train, he's a genuine talent.
Relax, man. I was just commenting on that tackle. That's the type of tackle I used to do, a non-pro centerback.
I'm on the Konate train also, if he's clear of those long-term injuries.

Tallis

Not sure how bad or chronic his injury issues are but I would hate to sign someone who even though may be potentially world class but breaks down for 30-40 percent of the season. Ultimately the injuries will wear the player out.

Okey

Perfect CB, Konate, if not for his injury record. Bailly is a lesson we should learn. Seeing as CBs are trending on the Caf, I've spent half my night shift watching clips and highlights of Sven Botman. Looks a monster at 22. Left footed as well. I imagine 50m buys him and Milenkovic. Anyone seen him in actual game play? Maybe start a thread?

RkkMan

Utd never enter into bidding wars if Liverpool and Chelsea are indeed after him that one isn`t happening.
Leaves us with Kounde or Varane below that the likes of Milenkovic and Ben White but God forbid we`re forced to go after the latter two

gajender

Utd never enter into bidding wars if Liverpool and Chelsea are indeed after him that one isn`t happening.
Leaves us with Kounde or Varane below that the likes of Milenkovic and Ben White but God forbid we`re forced to go after the latter two
Like when Chelsea were after Lukaku or Like when City were after Sanchez or Fred or Maguire ,United have repeatedly gone after players coveted by other Premier League teams and more often then not come up trump against them If we want Konate we have got as good a chance as anybody Ideally we should steer clear of him due to his injuries.

RkkMan

Like when Chelsea were after Lukaku or Like when City were after Sanchez or Fred or Maguire ,United have repeatedly gone after players coveted by other Premier League teams and more often then not come up trump against them If we want Konate we have got as good a chance as anybody Ideally we should steer clear of him due to his injuries.
I was talking a out bidding wars where there are like 3/4 or more top clubs all heavily interested in the player at a go. All the players you`ve mentioned we only ever competed with one club(Chelsea or City)
Who is the last player we signed where we beat off competition from many clubs at a go?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I was talking a out bidding wars where there are like 3/4 or more top clubs all heavily interested in the player at a go. All the players you`ve mentioned we only ever competed with one club(Chelsea or City)
Who is the last player we signed where we beat off competition from many clubs at a go?
I think if United do go in for him along with Chelsea and Liverpool, then it will come down to where the player wants to go. I don't think it'll be a case of a bidding war, but rather where the player wants to play and possibly personal terms which our club has form for.

The players agent is also Jonathan Barnett who has no less than 10 players at United, so United have already likely touched base if they're interested.

RkkMan

I think if United do go in for him along with Chelsea and Liverpool, then it will come down to where the player wants to go. I don't think it'll be a case of a bidding war, but rather where the player wants to play and possibly personal terms which our club has form for.

The players agent is also Jonathan Barnett who has no less than 10 players at United, so United have already likely touched base if they're interested.
Fair enough. We wait and see but its clear when he leaves it`ll be to the PL but I`m not sure he`d pick us over Liverpool(better manager and prospects of winning a trophy) or Chelsea(London atmosphere and Tuchel)

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fair enough. We wait and see but its clear when he leaves it`ll be to the PL but I`m not sure he`d pick us over Liverpool(better manager and prospects of winning a trophy) or Chelsea(London atmosphere and Tuchel)
You could be right mate.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
My biggest worry about him is that players with an impressive physique often gets very hyped, and that Nagelsman dont use him much. If he was that good you would imagine him being a regular starter at RB Leipzig.

Regarding his injuries, I trust that we have experts that do our homework.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is he the one who gave away a very lazy penalty last night?
Yes, but I think we can look passed that.

We have to think of his potential and it is sky high, young defenders make silly mistakes sometimes.

I think the biggest issue is his injury record though, we can't really afford for our next CB to be another injury prone.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes, but I think we can look passed that.

We have to think of his potential and it is sky high, young defenders make silly mistakes sometimes.

I think the biggest issue is his injury record though, we can't really afford for our next CB to be another injury prone.
Yes. We need another player with Harry Maguire's injury record.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Nagelsmann would've played him every game if he had been 100% fit. He played him in all 6 UCL games. When he's been on the bench it was due to him coming back from injury and not considered 100% fit.

Mark Pawelek

My biggest worry about him is that players with an impressive physique often gets very hyped, and that Nagelsman dont use him much. If he was that good you would imagine him being a regular starter at RB Leipzig.

Regarding his injuries, I trust that we have experts that do our homework.
Not an expert but I do my homework. Homework shows that given Ole never bought players with worrying injury records United's injury record hasn't been nearly as bad.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Absolutely awful defender, off to the Kounde, Milenkovic thread.. :D
Seriously though, with the signings we need to make it makes sense to try and go for Konate who has a reasonable release clause over Kounde who, though a great player, would cost about the price of a Sancho/Grealish and we just don't have the money to spend big on all positions.

However, like Pawelek has said above, Ole hasn't signed players with injury records as bad as Konate's has been. Guess we'll be keeping an eye on how he's doing for the rest of the season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Seriously though, with the signings we need to make it makes sense to try and go for Konate who has a reasonable release clause over Kounde who, though a great player, would cost about the price of a Sancho/Grealish and we just don't have the money to spend big on all positions.

However, like Pawelek has said above, Ole hasn't signed players with injury records as bad as Konate's has been. Guess we'll be keeping an eye on how he's doing for the rest of the season.
I agree mate, it makes little sense signing Kounde for the huge fee Sevilla will want in the current climate with teams losing money. And regarding Konate, if Solskjaer wants him then the clubs medical department will be best qualified to make the call on his injuries which to me looks like it's a case of poor management from Leipzig which has turned one injury into two.

But the most important thing is that Solskjaer signs his main target whoever that might be. And getting that target within a budget will be key if we want to improve the first 11 for next season to potentially close the gap on City. That will also allow us to sign sign a forward potentially to come straight into the first 11 which I feel we need to do as well.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I have a feeling he'll be our main target. The second game against us, he showed pretty much what Ole is looking for and he's a decent enough price. It really all hinges on the injury side of things

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This article describes his defending style well and is a good read for anyone that wants to learn a little more about him as a player. Below is also a excerpt from the article which also illustrates that even though he is a physically imposing CB, he doesn't rely on his physicality to defend if he doesn't need to. His idol by the way is Sergio Ramos due to the Spaniards warrior like attitude to defending and leadership.

"Strength-wise, Konaté is unsurpassable. He’s shrewd too, underpinning his pleasingly aggressive yet considered approach to defending. There’s nothing more infuriating than a central-defender flying through the back of a forward every chance they get. Konaté is nothing near it. When getting close to the opposition attacker, he remains composed, using his impossibly long legs to poke the ball free."

"His recovery speed is remarkable too. Despite losing to PSG in the Champions League in November, Konaté denied that dangerous frontline on multiple occasions, putting in a strong performance. He seems to be a good fit under the newer Leipzig, capable of playing in both a back three and four alongside his good friend Dayot Upamecano."

croadyman

This article describes his defending style well and is a good read for anyone that wants to learn a little more about him as a player. Below is also a excerpt from the article which also illustrates that even though he is a physically imposing CB, he doesn't rely on his physicality to defend if he doesn't need to. His idol by the way is Sergio Ramos due to the Spaniards warrior like attitude to defending and leadership.

"Strength-wise, Konaté is unsurpassable. He’s shrewd too, underpinning his pleasingly aggressive yet considered approach to defending. There’s nothing more infuriating than a central-defender flying through the back of a forward every chance they get. Konaté is nothing near it. When getting close to the opposition attacker, he remains composed, using his impossibly long legs to poke the ball free."

"His recovery speed is remarkable too. Despite losing to PSG in the Champions League in November, Konaté denied that dangerous frontline on multiple occasions, putting in a strong performance. He seems to be a good fit under the newer Leipzig, capable of playing in both a back three and four alongside his good friend Dayot Upamecano."
I am on board but if he has watched us recently he will rightfully decide to go elsewhere and who can blame him

macheda14

I am on board but if he has watched us recently he will rightfully decide to go elsewhere and who can blame him
If we’re up against Liverpool and Chelsea, why would he choose the others currently. We’re all not in great form, yet we’re second.

croadyman

If we’re up against Liverpool and Chelsea, why would he choose the others currently. We’re all not in great form, yet we’re second.
Maybe because they are run by football people who know how to get deals done

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm not convinced by either him or Kounde. I think Upamecano looks like he'll be the pick of the bunch in the next few years.

Many people over the last few months have been saying we need a top level CB to sort out defence and push us towards the PL title. The players we are linked with currently won't do that. Good defenders but not top class - I don't think there are many around at the moment.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Describing the people who run Liverpool as football people is a stretch and a half.
They have a DOF I believe? What’s your take on that? Does that make them better run than us? I don’t know

Status
Not open for further replies.