Ibrahima Konate’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
They have a DOF I believe? What’s your take on that? Does that make them better run than us? I don’t know
If that's what he means then ok, I don't think that makes them as a whole club, more "football people" led, we don't have a DOF, but we've got a different structure. But I don't see many Liverpool fans blowing smoke up their arses and calling them football people :lol: some will praise literally anyone to get a dig in.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If that's what he means then ok, I don't think that makes them as a whole club, more "football people" led, we don't have a DOF, but we've got a different structure. But I don't see many Liverpool fans blowing smoke up their arses and calling them football people :lol: some will praise literally anyone to get a dig in.
That’s what I think too. We’re a well run club and a good team, good coach etc. A loss and a draw later and everyone else is the epitome of well run clubs!

davbon

I have watched Konaté several times this season and from what I've seen, I've been far from impressed. Besides his obvious injury record and lack of positional awareness that comes with more experience, I think he's clumsy and slow in his movements and thus prone to errors like silly fouls and penalties. He has good top speed but lacks the agility you would want from a defender in a high line able to defend 1v1. I don't think these shortcomings are to be tought, and I don't see these attributes or lack of as a good partnership to Maguire.

My ideal candidate is therefore Koundé, as he good on the ball, fast, strong, good arial ability despite of his height, impressive positional awareness, and very agile.

croadyman

I was referring to this Michael Edwards guy who annoyingly just seems to get deals done without much fuss

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I was referring to this Michael Edwards guy who annoyingly just seems to get deals done without much fuss
In my humble opinion, we will also get deals done early mate but we need stability at the club. Edwards before Klopp arrived was getting criticized by the Liverpool fans for his poor signings. But under Klopp they signed players for a specific way of playing the game which entails fast transitions/high tempo football.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Now there is a CB partnership I could get on board with but would never happen in a million years
You never know mate. Harry Pinero seems to be working on a deal for Konate and hopefully Woodward and Judge can show Ramos the way to the theatre. :D

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I think that signing a centre back should be our top priority. We need somebody to come straight into the first team and play regularly to form a partnership. We have conceded far too many goals so far this season, an improvement in defence will see is turn draws into wins and move further up the table.
I guess you can say this about most transfers but we need to avoid another situation where is takes our new signing 12 months to adjust to the league and find some form. We need a Bruno type impact, which is hard to achieve but more probable if we follow some logic.

-We need him ready to play from day one, so he needs to be fit and playing regularly with no recent injury problems.
-If we want a player to play well immediately then they should already be in good form and full of confidence.
-We want consistency, which you very rarely get from young players.

Inigo Montoya

He’s been in place for a while now(2016), so it’s not ‘just seems to’. Five years on some of it is working well. Ultimately it’s Klopp who calls the shots on who he wants though.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
My worry about konate is that if we don’t get him now with his release clause at 40m we will be quoted 80m next time we go back, or Liverpool snap him up to play beside vvd

Inigo Montoya

My worry about konate is that if we don’t get him now with his release clause at 40m we will be quoted 80m next time we go back, or Liverpool snap him up to play beside vvd
He has a very dodgy record re injury. In the most physical league in Europe right now that’s going to place even more demands on his body. Yes, he’s a better defender than Upemecano but maybe there’s a good reason BM went for the latter.

Infra-red

He has a very dodgy record re injury. In the most physical league in Europe right now that’s going to place even more demands on his body. Yes, he’s a better defender than Upemecano but maybe there’s a good reason BM went for the latter.
I think the main reason was probably his superior passing. Konate is a better defender and stronger aerially, but Upamecano has the potential to be one of the top ball playing defenders in the world.

We don't play possession football and never will under Solskjaer - Konate is a better fit for us, in my view.

A-man

Just like last Bundesliga game, he was on the bench yesterday vs Liverpool. Why? Is he still not fully fit from his last injury?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
There could be a multitude of reasons why they went for Upemecano. Obviously we’d have to check his injuries very carefully and perhaps put him on a management plan. But look, Pallister played with a bad back, in fact United installed a special bed on the team bus just for him. Ledley king played for years as did Paul McGrath with dodgy knees. Neither of them trained full time to save them for match days yet both were among the best ever cbs in the PL.
equally he could be unlucky like Jones but for 40m I’d take the risk

OleGunnar20

Unfortunately I think his injury record makes this a gamble we cant afford currently. Two years injury free and I think he'd be a great fit for us, but a spotless injury record needs to come first and foremost among the priorities for our new CB.

Shame as he seems a very talented defender.

Judas

Open to offers
His in**** record is why I've gone cold on this one, we suck in that department, and after having the taste of a healthy CB like Maguire, that's what we should be aiming for.

AgentSmith

Reported to be around £35 million. Potentially a great deal if he stays fit but that seems a big if.

Hard to argue with the price though.

Godfather

Meh would have liked him here. Although his injuries are a concern. Good price though. But frustrating that Ed only comes to life in the last week of every transfer window.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Meh would have liked him here. Although his injuries are a concern. Good price though. But frustrating that Ed only comes to life in the last week of every transfer window.
Ed is no longer in charged for that anymore now.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Reported to be around £35 million. Potentially a great deal if he stays fit but that seems a big if.

Hard to argue with the price though.
Price is set by his €40M release clause is it not?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah I doubt anything will change under that Murtough guy. Been part of that failing system for years.
Murtough was in charged with our youth and woman’s team before so he wasn’t part of that you called failing system. So we don’t know whether it will still be the same system or no.

AgentSmith

Price is set by his €40M release clause is it not?
Yeah you’re right.

I had seen a tweet saying a deal for €40 million had been agreed but I’ve now just seen The Athletic post that’s the price Liverpool are paying to match Konate’s release clause.

Still a good piece of business all things considered if he stays injury free. Which, again, is a big if.

Fits the exact profile Klopp seems to want in a CB though.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah you’re right.

I had seen a tweet saying a deal for €40 million had been agreed but I’ve now just seen The Athletic post that’s the price Liverpool are paying to match Konate’s release clause.

Still a good piece of business all things considered if he stays injury free. Which, again, is a big if.

Fits the exact profile Klopp seems to want in a CB though.
Seems good as a 1vs1 defender, might have to develop a bit on the ball mind you judging by the stats in the article in the Athletic.

AgentSmith

Seems good as a 1vs1 defender, might have to develop a bit on the ball mind you judging by the stats in the article in the Athletic.
I read an article detailing that it was aerial dominance (and speed) Klopp valued in a CB because it allows him to push the defence up high and box the opposition in.

The natural response to a high press is to kick it long but if you’re punting the ball to two CBs like Konate and VVD it’s coming straight back.

Konate obviously has both traits in abundance which I guess Klopp thinks more than makes up for perceived weaknesses on the ball.

Andersons Dietician

This will suck if true and he stays fit. Konaté and VVD I feel sad even just thinking about how much they are going to dominate people.

Status
Not open for further replies.