Icardi offered to Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks2008

I don't know about Icardi. Far more ruthless in front of goal than Lukaku but his all round play isn't any better than Rom's and with our poor creativity I doubt he'd get the chances he needs.v

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He didn't move to England because of the FA, he was a starter and captain for Houllier and Jacquet after moving in England. He clashed at club level with everyone and ended up with nowhere else to go than abroad. It's only after his ban from football for his kick that he lost his place for France because Deschamps became the leader and Zidane replaced him as the main technical leader.
:) Thanks

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
A player with Icardis determination might be good for the team, but I don't feel he will get the space he needs to operate like he does in Serie A and would be a fail.

Why is he toxic, apart from stealing his teammates wife?
That would do it

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be more accurate he threatened to retire after being sanctioned by the FA but it's the FA that convinced him to not retire, in particular Platini and Houllier who was the FA technical director. When he finally retired he spent a decade in the FA as the beach soccer national manager.

redshaw

I'd certainly be ready to let Lukaku fulfill his dream.

Lukaku said a similar thing a while back, he doesn't look like he's in Ole's plans and Lukaku won't want be a squad player or play on the wing.

joedirt87

There's talk of too many players leaving United this Summer it seems, I just cannot foresee the clear-out being this drastic and Lukaku would be a surprise if we are already losing Mata, Herrera, Darmian, Valencia, Rojo and possibly Sanchez/Pogba/de Gea...

However, if this is on the table I don't see how it can be a bad move.
if only it was a complete clear out. I would take a real growing pains season if it meant we got rid of 12-15 of these useless players/players who dont want to be here anymore in one summer.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Since we are talking about an italian club, wouldn't it be a better idea to send Lukaku+money in exchange of Brozovic and Skriniar?

Jib

Icardi is better than Lukaku.But like Romelu, he isn't an all around striker. And his attitude sucks.
But for some reasons I can see him succeed here..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s probably about 5-10 per cent of effort away from finally being a perfect Ruud van Nistelrooij replacement for us. Could go either way, but he does have a lot of Ruud about him. There’s an argument that Ruud himself wouldn’t be as effective today as he was back then, but yea, similar traits.

Beaucoup

So Lukaku dreams of playing in Italy, I'm not sure Chievo could afford his wages.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Handsome man. Could do better than that horror bag too. The fecking chompers on her.

sp_107

This guy is torn between his wife and sister. We all know how much impact these things will have on your emotions so better stay away from this guy

A player with Icardis determination might be good for the team, but I don't feel he will get the space he needs to operate like he does in Serie A and would be a fail.

In the last few months his wife/agent has been publicly fighting a running battle with the club. Every time he has a bad patch she's in the press blaming the club for it and kicking off to the point where he refused to play the other week. She makes Mino Raiola look like a dream.

crossy1686

career ending

Do yourself a favour and YouTube his wife's name, bearing in mind she's his agent. Just watch the amount of shit storms she causes, on national Italian TV as well.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
feck it, why not? Pack your bags Romelu, you’re off to Italy.

crossy1686

career ending
Cheers

"Also Icardi has Wanda's' three children tattooed on his arm.Those three children are from Wanda's previous marriage to former Barcelona and Argentinian forward Maxi Lopez."

Bit of a nutter then, that is a bit mental.
He also said in his biography that the Inter ultra's weren't real fans after they questioned his commitment to the captains armband and the club. He also said he'd get some guys from Argentina to come over to Italy and sort them out if they carried on because he know's some 'real animals'.

The ultra's dislike him immensely now, holding up banners denouncing him as their captain.

We want nothing to do with this dickhead.

Varun

Staff
He isn't good enough for a fluid system that doesn't allow him to just poach goals.

Himannv

If we're going to exchange Lukaku with an Inter player, why not Skriniar instead of Icardi? Seems a position we need more and he'd be a good addition if you consider that we'd get him for a lower price due to Lukaku going the other way.

Havak

Pokemon master
if only it was a complete clear out. I would take a real growing pains season if it meant we got rid of 12-15 of these useless players/players who dont want to be here anymore in one summer.
I'm starting to agree, but I think it is incredibly far-fetched and short sighted to expect it to happen as some fans seem to. I can see us getting rid of six, maybe seven players and signing about four or five. I just don't think a mass exodus is how we'll do it.

Champagne Football

Yes. This is the swap deal we should be aiming for. Or else try to get Dybala for him.
Our record with Argies is as bad as our transfer strategy has been for past 5 years.

Aguero is as strong as an ox. Not sure Dybala is cut out for the Premier league. He'd probably flirt with Madrid after 2 seasons if he proved a success. If Juve sign Felix as expected then for sure Dybala will be on the market. Looks like a PSG type player perhaps.

crossy1686

career ending
If we're going to exchange Lukaku with an Inter player, why not Skriniar instead of Icardi? Seems a position we need more and he'd be a good addition if you consider that we'd get him for a lower price due to Lukaku going the other way.
This. He's a great player.

He also said in his biography that the Inter ultra's weren't real fans after they questioned his commitment to the captains armband and the club. He also said he'd get some guys from Argentina to come over to Italy and sort them out if they carried on because he know's some 'real animals'.

The ultra's dislike him immensely now, holding up banners denouncing him as their captain.

We want nothing to do with this dickhead.
Exactly. The ultras sing songs against him now and other fans boo them in return.

I definitely believe he has been offered to us as he is a great striker and Inter need him out of the club.

dove

We should try to swap/sell Lukaku but Icardi would be as underwhelming replacement as it gets.

crossy1686

career ending
Exactly. The ultras sing songs against him now and other fans boo them in return.

I definitely believe he has been offered to us as he is a great striker and Inter need him out of the club.
He's effectively caused a huge shit storm there with his wife talking constant shit about the team in public while talking him up. He's been dropped and removed as club captain so I would suggest there isn't a club in Europe he's been offered to, I just don't think he's worth the grief. Unless he's available at £10m.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
woody negotiating with Wanda - I dread to think how many times he will blow his load and how much we will end up paying...

on a serious note he sounds like a bit of a prick and id rather we stayed well away

Nick.

a Fred Rice central midfield?

:nervous:
Well I did say you'd pray for another central midfielder. Unless you think McTominay and Rice as a double pivot is good enough for us. Herrera wont be around for much longer and Pogba might be off.

Status
Not open for further replies.