Icardi offered to Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Another striker with non-existing all-round game and a troubling personality to boot? Although he'd probably make a good target for Pogba's passes up front to be fair, and finally we'd have someone whose natural game is all about getting to the end of the crosses.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its a weird one. I think hes a level above Lukaku because of his attitude, mentality in big games and general movement, but a striker isnt our biggest need. Would also leave us with the same problem positions (right wing, midfield, defence), though with a striker who could potentially be brilliant for us and the league. In a normal scenario, I would 100% do a straight swap for Icardi, but given all of our needs elsewhere, I'd definitely try to get Skriniar as the swapped player to sort out our CBs.
Basically wouldnt say no, but would suggest other things if possible.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He isn't good enough for a fluid system that doesn't allow him to just poach goals.
He just needs to be in a dominant team I think. So long as his team has the most possession and can regularly get the ball in and around the box, he’s the closest 9 you can get to a guarantee of goals. In our current team though, he’d touch the ball twice a game!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Its a weird one. I think hes a level above Lukaku because of his attitude, mentality in big games and general movement, but a striker isnt our biggest need. Would also leave us with the same problem positions (right wing, midfield, defence), though with a striker who could potentially be brilliant for us and the league. In a normal scenario, I would 100% do a straight swap for Icardi, but given all of our needs elsewhere, I'd definitely try to get Skriniar as the swapped player to sort out our CBs.
Basically wouldnt say no, but would suggest other things if possible.
Tbh, with striker not being our biggest need, a swap deal becomes even more sensible. Of course we would still have the needs you mentioned, and we can use the budget to try and resolve them. The only difference would be that with any luck, we’d have traded a centre forward for a more clinical one.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Swap Lukaku with Icardi then hire Giggs to take care of Wanda Nara.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Avoid, he’s very limited striker & he’s an Argentine. We aren’t very good dealing with them in history. If we want a striker get Jovic. And please, can we do more research background before we sign a player that cost a lot. This is what failing us a lot post Fergie. Take the lukaku’s Money and use it wisely on the right players.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Di Marzio mentioned that a Lukaku - Icardi swap deal was possible.

If it is true that Pogba wants out we could be looking at a 442 with this player:

Icardi Rashford
Martial Fred Rice Sancho
Shaw Alderweireld Lindelöf Meunier
De Gea
Although you would pray for another central midfielder. I don't know if Bruno Fernandes would work in a two although he does have a good defensive work rate. Maybe Rabiot?
I don't think such a lineup is possible

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tbh, with striker not being our biggest need, a swap deal becomes even more sensible. Of course we would still have the needs you mentioned, and we can use the budget to try and resolve them. The only difference would be that with any luck, we’d have traded a centre forward for a more clinical one.
Yeah. That's why I'm not against it since if we lose Lukaku, our striker position becomes very reliant on a few young players with our depth being Greenwood who is 17.... so it would also become a problem, just not as pressing as the non existant options at RW, RB, what our midfield will be once Herrera and Pogba leave and the shit CB options.
I would probably try for Skriniar as the swap, and if not, then swap for Icardi ahead of cash.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Avoid, he’s very limited striker & he’s an Argentine. We aren’t very good dealing with them in history. If we want a striker get Jovic. And please, can we do more research background before we sign a player that cost a lot. This is what failing us a lot post Fergie. Take the lukaku’s Money and use it wisely on the right players.
We can’t keep filling our team with 21 year olds. Forgive me if I’m wrong but I believe that’s Jovic’s age. I’m not against Jovic, I just think if we get him, then we’d need to compromise elsewhere and not go after another 20 year old but instead more experience.

As for Icardi, could go either way here, but on a swap, it’s worth the gamble I think, as the alternative is just keeping Lukaku, and he’s a known quantity at least.

Suv666

Read the drama surrounding Icardi, avoid him like the plague. Its really some reality tv shit. Such a shame, great player ruining his career.

SoCross

Doesn't seem like there's any available player out there good enough for the Caf :lol:

This summer is going to be so much fun.

Zoo

As tempting as it is with our lack of quality in the final third I just can’t be doing with United being a constant soap opera.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We can’t keep filling our team with 21 year olds. Forgive me if I’m wrong but I believe that’s Jovic’s age. I’m not against Jovic, I just think if we get him, then we’d need to compromise elsewhere and not go after another 20 year old but instead more experience.

As for Icardi, could go either way here, but on a swap, it’s worth the gamble I think, as the alternative is just keeping Lukaku, and he’s a known quantity at least.
If we don’t want Jovic, at the very least avoid Icardi.

OohAahMartial

Ole repeatedly stressed personality as a recruitment criterion. This ain't happening. They just want rid and opportunistically suggest a swap as they have probably been offered Lukaku by his agent.

Lukaku is off for sure though. Does raise the question of who we would replace with, and we haven't been linked with many strikers.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's far better than Lukaku but he's an absolute nutter.

Do people on here want us to go from one disaster to another? Avoid like the plague.

nycender

I would make this trade all day. The current iteration of Rom is one of the worst finishers Ive ever seen

Big Andy

Bloke
Doesn't seem like there's any available player out there good enough for the Caf :lol:

This summer is going to be so much fun.
I don't see him as being a complete bellend in the dressing room...the reason he doesn't play for Argentina is because of the controversy of his affair with Maxi Lopez' wife.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to come in and be a complete bellend in a new dressing room, and start shagging all the players wives.

I'm more concerned that he's an Argie, and we've got bad form for picking the wrong ones.

Dozer

All the recent coverage has been about the lack of personality, desire and character in the current squad.

Replacing those players with bad eggs like Icardi and Rabiot isn't going to help matters, even if they may be more talented footballers.

SATA

This means Inter don't want him anymore? So why should we take over their dross and his soap opera that comes with it? We should stay well clear and ask them for proper money for Lukaku if they want him

settembrini

He's good but not good enough, especially when you consider the potential for toxic drama.

passing-wind

Id take him so long as he does all the talking on the field it doesn't matter. Lukaku has an excellent attitude and is a sound individual but he's simply not good enough for the level we need to compete at. Rashford is a youth development player, he's more well rounded but it's the same predicament, he's not good enough.

Icardi is a clinical finisher, something we have have lacked for years (Ibra was but too lethargic). I'd be all for a swap deal with Inter, one thing people are overlooking is the market, the only well rounded striker I am aware of is Jovic and he's got serious competition for his signature.

The only way we are going to get an all round striker is to purchase a central advanced midfielder and convert them into a 9. The most relevant example of that is Firminho with Klopp.

If Martial had half a brain than maybe he could develop his movement and play centrally, this is the difference between Anthony and Son, Martial is arguably more talented in terms of natural attributes but he lacks the mentality to make use of anything.

Varun

Staff
He just needs to be in a dominant team I think. So long as his team has the most possession and can regularly get the ball in and around the box, he’s the closest 9 you can get to a guarantee of goals. In our current team though, he’d touch the ball twice a game!
Does any top team play with a striker like this though? I don't think you can really play with just 9 outfield players unless you're just on a different level to the opposition which will rarely happen in a competitive league.

MrBest

Icardi would be a disaster. It is already bad enough with moody people like Martial and Pogba. We need to get positive ambitious people into this squad who will put there feet where there mouth is. We really lack any of this right now, personality transplants do not exist so we really need invest in changing this for next season.

wesley sneijder

Supports
FC Internazionale
I would make this trade all day. The current iteration of Rom is one of the worst finishers Ive ever seen
Hi to All i am a supporter of FC Internazionale but my fav team in England is MU.

I was reading this thread .....

Well my humble opinion ... Icardi is a world class striker , in the box is the best player i have ever seen in my team.

It is very untrue he cannot play outside the box , for me he is the most talented player also outside the box.

Our problem is the lack of quality behind him Perisic is a consistent player but quality is low , Naingolan is just garbage and Politano is another awful player ( he can't cross he is not smart he cannot score basically useless )

Icardi would benefit from playing in a dominant team and with quality players surrounding him anyway, my opinion is that he would become instantly the best striker playing in Europe.

He has everything, headshot, right, left, he is quick, he is very fast and never slows down the action.

If my team decides to swap him for Lukaku i'll ask if they are mentally sane or not.

Reactions: jojojo

wesley sneijder

Supports
FC Internazionale
Another thing .... he never misses big matches

Scored 4 goals in Champions league this year in 6 very complicate matches...

Kostur

海尔的老板
Lukaku can feck off but I sure as hell don't want another cnut around here, we've got enough of those already as it is.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He's a proven goalscorer who can't trap a ball and whose technique is not fitting for a top 4 side.

He's Everton and WBA level yet we spunked 70m on him
Point stands. Technically we are not getting an upgrade ( probably a bit but not really that elite level).

He thrives on service and Perisic provides it consistently at Inter .Who is going to give on our side? If the answer is we are going to sign someone, then why not sign someone and see if it works with Lukaku especially given that Icardi has zero involvement in build up( not really that elite)

Also, has he ever played in 2 striker formation ?

izec

As tempting as it is with our lack of quality in the final third I just can’t be doing with United being a constant soap opera.
Woody already made sure we are a soap opera, on and off the pitch. Woody probably thinks Icardi can get us to another level in that department

SER19

Sometimes arrogant pricks are exactly what a team needs.if the talent and work rate is there too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t agree that Icardi is not the sort of character we want. He’s exactly the sort of character the team needs. I don’t care so much what he does off the field, but on it, his personality is brilliant. We need that self-confidence and frankly, self-entitlement to win things. Players like Lukaku talk it in interviews, but he doesn’t show it on the pitch. He looks a scared player at times. Martial doesn’t show that will to win. Put simply, Icardi, to me, looks what I’d call a ‘winner’, and we need that more than anything in terms of personality.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Outstanding finisher with not much else to his game, still pretty young though.
Would like it if he came for less than 70M, anything more would be too risky

wesley sneijder

Supports
FC Internazionale
Point stands. Technically we are not getting an upgrade ( probably a bit but not really that elite level).

He thrives on service and Perisic provides it consistently at Inter .Who is going to give on our side? If the answer is we are going to sign someone, then why not sign someone and see if it works with Lukaku especially given that Icardi has zero involvement in build up( not really that elite)

Also, has he ever played in 2 striker formation ?
this is a false myth

this year Icardi has assisted Perisic more than Perisic did with him

Perisic is absolutely not the perfect fit for him

Icardi has played with 2 strikers ( Palacio ) and he did better than what he did in the 4 2 3 1 we aredoing right now

We don't have 1 single midfileder able to assist him vertically ,3 years ago he scored ONLY with passes from behind

in this team he gets passes only from the sides

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I would say yes to this in a heartbeat but the drama off the pitch with Icardi kinda' puts me off him.

SATA

Hi to All i am a supporter of FC Internazionale but my fav team in England is MU.

I was reading this thread .....

Well my humble opinion ... Icardi is a world class striker , in the box is the best player i have ever seen in my team.

It is very untrue he cannot play outside the box , for me he is the most talented player also outside the box.

Our problem is the lack of quality behind him Perisic is a consistent player but quality is low , Naingolan is just garbage and Politano is another awful player ( he can't cross he is not smart he cannot score basically useless )

Icardi would benefit from playing in a dominant team and with quality players surrounding him anyway, my opinion is that he would become instantly the best striker playing in Europe.

He has everything, headshot, right, left, he is quick, he is very fast and never slows down the action.

If my team decides to swap him for Lukaku i'll ask if they are mentally sane or not.
That’s interesting. Well you have had great strikers in the past like Vieri, Adriano, Recoba, Ronaldo9, Salas and even Zamorano in your great Inter teams. Have you seen them play? How would you rate Icardi amongst them if you did? I don’t know anything about Icardi other than him being a fox in the box and don’t watch Serie A anymore. But i am genuinely interested after reading your post

Status
Not open for further replies.