Icardi offered to Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You can write last season off for Icardi. He missed half of it and when he did play it was under a cloud. His own fault but it's not some injury that cant be recovered from.

I seem to remember you being a keen Serie A fan? Watching Inter live it's frustrating how little they manage to find Icardi. It doesn't show up on TV but he is constantly making runs off the defenders only for Vecino/Naingolan/Brozovic/Valero/whoever to pass it sideways and miss the opportunity. His chances have been particularly low because of that.

Contrast that to Lukaku who pretty much stands still until the ball comes to him and then it's pot luck whether he actually manages to control it.
Yeah, I watch most of Inter games as they are the team I follow in Serie A.

I just don't rate him highly. Inter are also set up to his strengths, endless crossing with Icardi as target. He is also one of the reason why they can't play fluid football. He is limited on the ball, he doesnt help the team in the build up, he can't dribble past players. He relies on service more than most strikers.

Lukaku for all his faults, doesn't hide in the games. He drops deep to help the team, he also makes the runs through channels and also he backs himself to take on defenders and beat them.

If you compare their goals from open play, it's almost with Lukaku assisting more, creating more chances, winning more aerial duels, completing 4 times more dribbles than Icardi. Apart from first touch and movement, I don't think there is anything where Icardi is better. If he doesn't score it's like playing with 10 players and his goal scoring record from open play is as good as Lukaku's.

Also it's not like Lukaku was playing for superior teams. He played for West Brom and Everton for 5 seasons.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
More speed and movement than Lukaku, and would suit us better.
He really wouldn’t. We don’t play to his strengths at all, have you watched United recently? Plus his wife is a nutter who doesn’t want to leave Italy so realistically why are we even discussing this player

golden_blunder

Staff
You can write last season off for Icardi. He missed half of it and when he did play it was under a cloud. His own fault but it's not some injury that cant be recovered from.

I seem to remember you being a keen Serie A fan? Watching Inter live it's frustrating how little they manage to find Icardi. It doesn't show up on TV but he is constantly making runs off the defenders only for Vecino/Naingolan/Brozovic/Valero/whoever to pass it sideways and miss the opportunity. His chances have been particularly low because of that.

Contrast that to Lukaku who pretty much stands still until the ball comes to him and then it's pot luck whether he actually manages to control it.
We’re not setup to utilize either of these 2 strikers, it’s not how we want to play so it’s a moot conversation really

Houdini

We don't need another toxic player. And in terms of quality he is on par with Lukaku.

R'hllor

How mental can you be to actually want Icardi and thinking in overall its an upgrade. Toxic, drama cnut, who needs to be fed just like Lukaku and God knows we are a bit clueless when it comes to feeding.

I understand people had enough of Lukaku but lets be real here, he aint bad striker in terms of scoring goals, our problem is that we aint dominate enough to just provide him chance without him being included in build up.

He has a touch of a concrete wall and with his size he aint even good at holding up, also he cant be used as target man, so it is what it is.

Yeah, I watch most of Inter games as they are the team I follow in Serie A.

I just don't rate him highly. Inter are also set up to his strengths, endless crossing with Icardi as target. He is also one of the reason why they can't play fluid football. He is limited on the ball, he doesnt help the team in the build up, he can't dribble past players. He relies on service more than most strikers.

Lukaku for all his faults, doesn't hide in the games. He drops deep to help the team, he also makes the runs through channels and also he backs himself to take on defenders and beat them.

If you compare their goals from open play, it's almost with Lukaku assisting more, creating more chances, winning more aerial duels, completing 4 times more dribbles than Icardi. Apart from first touch and movement, I don't think there is anything where Icardi is better. If he doesn't score it's like playing with 10 players and his goal scoring record from open play is as good as Lukaku's.

Also it's not like Lukaku was playing for superior teams. He played for West Brom and Everton for 5 seasons.
Ordinarily I would agree but the Lukaku we have is not the one who played for West Brom and Everton.

Inter love to cross the ball but i don't think Icardi is the entire reason for that. He makes a lot of vertical runs that get ignored, the midfielder's only ever play it out wide to Perisic who always runs, cuts inside and shoots/crosses. They're so slow and predictable. If they had more variety Icardi would score a wider variety of goals.

@golden_blunder our setup and lack of creativity is partly down to the lack of movement from our strikers. Our midfield can't pass to a striker who doesn't make any runs. Clearly some of them couldn't pick a pass even if Pele was up front but players like Pogba would be far more effective if we had someone who knew how to make a run. We know Lukaku doesn't work here so if we can try Icardi for no additional cost then why not? Movement and finishing are the two things he undoubtedly does well.

roonster09

Scout
Ordinarily I would agree but the Lukaku we have is not the one who played for West Brom and Everton.

Inter love to cross the ball but i don't think Icardi is the entire reason for that. He makes a lot of vertical runs that get ignored, the midfielder's only ever play it out wide to Perisic who always runs, cuts inside and shoots/crosses. They're so slow and predictable. If they had more variety Icardi would score a wider variety of goals.

@golden_blunder our setup and lack of creativity is partly down to the lack of movement from our strikers. Our midfield can't pass to a striker who doesn't make any runs. Clearly some of them couldn't pick a pass even if Pele was up front but players like Pogba would be far more effective if we had someone who knew how to make a run. We know Lukaku doesn't work here so if we can try Icardi for no additional cost then why not?
The Lukaku we had was better than Icardi, last year Lukaku was better than last year Icardi. It's not like he will bring much off the field either. Too much baggage off the field, very limited player on the field.

He is also one of the reason why they struggle in build up play, strikers in modern game should do more than just playing as fox in the box. He doesn't do that and he doesn't even score shit loads of goals to compensate for that.

When we are trying to offload Lukaku who is better player than Icardi, it doesn't make sense to add limited player who will earn lot more than Lukaku did at ManUtd.

BlueHaze

@golden_blunder our setup and lack of creativity is partly down to the lack of movement from our strikers. Our midfield can't pass to a striker who doesn't make any runs. Clearly some of them couldn't pick a pass even if Pele was up front but players like Pogba would be far more effective if we had someone who knew how to make a run. We know Lukaku doesn't work here so if we can try Icardi for no additional cost then why not? Movement and finishing are the two things he undoubtedly does well.
I'll tell you why. Because the guy is a disgrace to humanity. Shagged and married his best friends (Maxi Lopez) wife. Maxi has said on many occasions both Icardi and his ex wife are doing everything they can to keep him apart from his kids, he had 3 with this women. Maxi even said that on multiple occasions while on the phone with his kids Icardi has come and hung up the phone. If United would ever become so desperate to let scum like this represent our club then I'd stop following. I know Giggs did some absolutely shocking and horrific stuff as well that I'll never forgive him for but that was different as no one knew about it and he had been here for so many years.

roonster09

Scout
I'll tell you why. Because the guy is a disgrace to humanity. Shagged and married his best friends (Maxi Lopez) wife. Maxi has said on many occasions both Icardi and his ex wife are doing everything they can to keep him apart from his kids, he had 3 with this women. Maxi even said that on multiple occasions while on the phone with his kids Icardi has come and hung up the phone. If United would ever become so desperate to let scum like this represent our club then I'd stop following. I know Giggs did some absolutely shocking and horrific stuff as well but that was different as no one knew about it and he had been here for so many years.
I think it was when Maxi Lopez was helping Icardi to settle, he was a young player at Sampdoria so Maxi Lopez (thanks to their Barca connection) was helping him at that time.

Detailed story.

BlueHaze

I think it was when Maxi Lopez was helping Icardi to settle, he was a young player at Sampdoria so Maxi Lopez (thanks to their Barca connection) was helping him at that time.

Detailed story.
Yeah exactly for people unwary click that tweet as it has most of the stuff covered. If anyone would still want him here after reading that then I'm ashamed to call you a fellow fan.

golden_blunder

Staff

Unless we suddenly change to playing 2 wingers it ain’t gonna work. The guy hardly moves. Lukaku runs the channels, this guy doesn’t. I want neither of them, it’s like trying to fix a square hole problem by selling a triangle to buy a rectangle. It just makes zero sense and would set us further back

Plus, and this is something the people arguing for him forget, his crazy wife doesn’t want to leave Italy

Unless we suddenly change to playing 2 wingers it ain’t gonna work. The guy hardly moves. Lukaku runs the channels, this guy doesn’t. I want neither of them, it’s like trying to fix a square hole problem by selling a triangle to buy a rectangle. It just makes zero sense and would set us further back

Plus, and this is something the people arguing for him forget, his crazy wife doesn’t want to leave Italy
That's not true. He makes a lot more runs than Lukaku does, even this season when he's sulking. He doesn't do the lung busting runs down to the corner flag like Lukaku occasionally does but he is much more mobile otherwise.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He relies on service more than most strikers.
Honestly, not really. He's less involved on the buildup for said service than most maybe, but the only striker who doesn't rely on service like him is Messi...

Agree with the rest of your breakdown of him
No he wouldn't? He's limited and offers very little outside of finishing, and completely relies on good service, something we suck at.
He turns service into good service, that's what makes him different than the likes of benteke

He makes a lot of vertical runs that get ignored, the midfielder's only ever play it out wide to Perisic who always runs, cuts inside and shoots/crosses. They're so slow and predictable. If they had more variety Icardi would score a wider variety of goals.
Correct, but also, any play involving Icardi that doesn't end in him shooting tends to go nowhere, and he doesn't have the pace to really burn defenders in behind

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What's the update on this guys future then? Barely seen his name linked to anyone last few weeks.

Was all out on war with Inter second half of last season. Since then Conte left him out of pre season squad and signed Lukaku for leader of line role so no future there.

No move to premier league so what options are there for him in these last few weeks? A meltdown transfer to Juve if they shift Dybala or even to Napoli?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
What's the update on this guys future then? Barely seen his name linked to anyone last few weeks.

Was all out on war with Inter second half of last season. Since then Conte left him out of pre season squad and signed Lukaku for leader of line role so no future there.

No move to premier league so what options are there for him in these last few weeks? A meltdown transfer to Juve if they shift Dybala or even to Napoli?
I am pretty sure no one wants him because he's such a massive cuntbag of a human being. I'd also imagine that as soon as they talk to his "agent", they are like "yeah.......no thanks". I'd be amazed if he showed up at Juve, but it would be funny if he did. Can't wait to see how long it takes for Wanda Nara to clash with the attention Ronaldo gets, or to try to get her lips wrapped around his cock.

Most likely destination for this cockwomble is China I would think.

wr8_utd

:'(

I remember reading that Juve had been interested but Inter didn't want to sell him to them. I think he's going to eventually move to someone like Napoli or Roma. I can't see anyone else interested him. Maybe, at a stretch, PSG if they offload Cavani? He just carries too much baggage for anyone big to want him.

Red Keane

I am pretty sure no one wants him because he's such a massive cuntbag of a human being. I'd also imagine that as soon as they talk to his "agent", they are like "yeah.......no thanks". I'd be amazed if he showed up at Juve, but it would be funny if he did. Can't wait to see how long it takes for Wanda Nara to clash with the attention Ronaldo gets, or to try to get her lips wrapped around his cock.
If clubs decided to pass sign players who make questionable choices over who they slept with, there would be a lot of talented players that would never get signed by any club. Now granted he was a bit of a tit when it came to his confrontations with the Inter Ultras (Although I have very little time for them anyway considering the hypocritical bigotry they showed towards Koulibaly), but that does not change the fact that he is one of the best finshers in the game and one who is still young enough to improve the other aspects in his game as well. Certainly I would be willing to give him a chance at United (as long as he his focus on the pitch of course) considering that we need another decent striker anyways.

And for the record, while his agent/wife is clearly out of her depth over this whole debarcle. Lets not forget that she is far from the biggest c**t in the world of football agents, especially while Raiola & Mendes are still in this business...

Reactions: van der star

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I’m so glad he isn’t at United.

flappyjay

Won't leave Italy. The wife's child custody agreement doesn't allow her to move to another country

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No idea why any club would even consider him any more, heads gone and his wifes is crazy,
Up to his exile last season he'd scored 16 goals in all competitions including ones in CL v Spurs and Barca.

Nick7

Up to his exile last season he'd scored 16 goals in all competitions including ones in CL v Spurs and Barca.
He plays a certain role though. Not many teams in Europe that could afford him play a brand of football that would suit him and get him scoring goals regularly. That in addition to his personality and wife/agent and you can easily see why very few clubs would want him. Juve might take him, just to have, but I'd say that would go the same way Higuain went.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Isn't his wife his agent and she's also recently been diagnosed with cancer? Crazy or not, he is going through a rough patch right now.
You might be conflating the matter with his [now former] teammate Radja Nainggolan. He just left Inter back to Cagliari for this reason (although he was being shoved out anyway).

SilverPaper on the Breeze

Icardi is an 80s/90s striker. Back then, all you needed to be was a finisher; get on the shoulder of the defender and play facing goal. As long as you scored, it didn’t matter if you did nothing for the other 89 minutes. The game has evolved, and forwards now are much more multifaceted. You need to be able to drift wide or bring others into play. Even Aguero, probably the best pure finisher going, has been forced to adapt under Pep.
If you have Icardi in your side, he’s likely to hit 20+ goals a season, but you’ll not win any of the big prizes, because he’s too one dimensional. These are the exact same criticisms I’ve always had of Lukaku. People look at the goal record and think “he must be good”, but goals don’t always tell the full story. I think the difference between the two is that Lukaku’s build makes you assume he could offer more, be a Drogba-style battering ram, but he’s got neither the aggression nor the technique required.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Icardi is an 80s/90s striker. Back then, all you needed to be was a finisher; get on the shoulder of the defender and play facing goal. As long as you scored, it didn’t matter if you did nothing for the other 89 minutes. The game has evolved, and forwards now are much more multifaceted. You need to be able to drift wide or bring others into play. Even Aguero, probably the best pure finisher going, has been forced to adapt under Pep.
If you have Icardi in your side, he’s likely to hit 20+ goals a season, but you’ll not win any of the big prizes, because he’s too one dimensional. These are the exact same criticisms I’ve always had of Lukaku. People look at the goal record and think “he must be good”, but goals don’t always tell the full story. I think the difference between the two is that Lukaku’s build makes you assume he could offer more, be a Drogba-style battering ram, but he’s got neither the aggression nor the technique required.
Sure, the likes of Batigol and Shearer would be second fiddle to Vardy and Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.