ICC Cricket World Cup 2015

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'd happily trade this for Bledisloe Cup victories against New Zealand in Sydney and Auckland later this year.

VanGaalEra

Haddin is a nice bloke who tried to give his side a bit of an edge by chirping in the batsman ears. Nothing wrong with that.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Warner, Watto, Haddin and Johnson are proper cnuts. Rest of the squad seem like a decent bunch.
Johnson? Always thought he was just a really boring bloke, to be honest.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I have really enjoyed this world cup but see lots of comments about the format being poor. How should the format be?.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Would New Zealand have benefited from a match or two I Australia in the pool stage against either England or Australia?

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool

When I was a kid I thought this trophy was magnificent, but looking at it now, it lacks a certain lustre doesn't it?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Might have been influenced a bit by Sky Sports. They always seem to criticize him for his attitude during every Ashes. :p But yeah he seems cool, can't think of any cnutish episode involving him.
He just gets fired up when he's on.

NinjaFletch

Where does that rank as a World Cup then?

Fairly low down I would say. No shocks (unless you count England being shit a shock) very few close games, mindless power hitting and no contest between bat and ball.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Where does that rank as a World Cup then?

Fairly low down I would say. No shocks (unless you count England being shit a shock) very few close games, mindless power hitting and no contest between bat and ball.
What would have saved this World Cup was an exciting, enthralling and close final along with a great contest and we didn't get that.

MDFC Manager

Gavaskar: "Each person in a team management should have a clear role and job description. Don't appoint someone just cuz you like them"

No doubt, referring to Ravi Shastri's appointment

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What do you guys think is the team of the tournament? Mine would be:

McCullum (C)
Guptill
Sangakarra
Smith
de Villiers
Taylor (wk)
Maxwell
Wahab
Starc
Morkel
Boult

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
What do you guys think is the team of the tournament? Mine would be:

McCullum (C)
Guptill
Sangakarra
Smith
de Villiers
Taylor (wk)
Maxwell
Wahab
Starc
Morkel
Boult
Mines the same as yours but with Vettori and Dhoni instead of Morkel and Guptil.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Who in the Australian team can you stand just out of curiosity? I've always been a bit cold towards them. If they do well, I'm happy, but if they lose I never get pissed off, annoyed or angry.
Maxwell, and Clark.

I'm not judging the young players just yet.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Australia were pretty awesome in the final stages. To beat such a good NZ side so easily is no mean feat.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Not much to choose between the 4 semi-finalists. Brendan McCullam and AB deserve a lot of credit for the positive way they led their teams.

Australia deserved winners, mind.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Nicholas was up his arse in the interview, apparently he's the best bowler in the world right now :rolleyes:.
Mark Nicholas on channel nine is like that with the Australian team in general. Strange that given he's a pom.

Traub

A completely dominant tournament by the two host countries. Aus deserved winners of the tournament IMO - best team both on paper and out on the field.

In terms of the World Cup as a whole, a bit shit. There were two close games the entire tournament, one of which was a group game between the two teams always likely to reach the final regardless of the result.

One day cricket is pretty pointless at the moment. They need to give the bowlers a lot more assistance to get it competitive again.

TheGame

Australia have it all with their team at the moment, the exact structure you want as an ODI captain. Power hitters at the top (Warner, Finch), players who can come in and steady an innings if need be and then accelerate or carry on the acceleration (Clarke, Smith, Watson) and power hitters towards the middle to bottom of the order (Maxwell, Haddin, Faulkner and Johnson). The batting line up is deep with Starc no mug with the bat at 10! Then they have 3 seamers who are in form and additionally a whole range of bowling options (Maxwell, Watson, Faulkner, Clarke, Smith and even Finch can turn his arm). It is captain's dream to have this many options.

Other teams have hit a problem when it comes to bowling option including SA who have struggled in this area and relied on their batsmen to post high scores. Having bowling options was a big success for India in the last WC where people like Yuvraj bowled several overs to support the frontline bowlers. I think NZ have been lucky that their bowing attack has fired otherwise they would have faced a similar problem. Its something England need to incorporate into their team with perhaps people like Stokes and Rashid who can perform both roles given more of a run in the team.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
fecking Aussies! They were magnificent in both the semi and the finals. They keep churning out these quality players and teams with amazing, at the same time annoying, consistency. Congratulations to them! Already can see their dominace continue into another decade. :mad: BCCI needs to study their domestic set-up and then emulate it back home.

A pretty drab final and tournament overall. Best moment of the day was when the ICC chairman was booed. All in all, the worst World cup of the 7 I have seen so far. Everything from the format to the quality of teams to quality of games was below par. As already mentioned, the rules needs to change. The attempt to convert ODI's into T20 like madness is stupid. My heart bled everytime the "sixes counter" flashed on the screen; as if cricket was all about sending it out of the park. Someone needs to get their head out of their ass and remove the field restrictions in the last 10. While we are at it, l's also do away with a new ball from each end and batting powerplay.

Finally, when did commentary go from an artform to cramming as many famous ex-players as you can in the box ? Boring!

A final word, Wellington is as big as the MCG, i.e if you didn't know that. :p:wenger:

Last edited:

PvsNP

A pretty drab final and tournament overall. Best moment of the day was when the ICC chairman was booed. All in all, the worst World cup of the 7 I have seen so far. Everything from the format to the quality of teams to quality of games was below par. As already mentioned, the rules needs to change. The attempt to convert ODI's into T20 like madness is stupid. My heart bled everytime the "sixes counter" flashed on the screen; as if cricket was all about sending it out of the park. Someone needs to get their head out of their ass and remove the field restrictions in the last 10. While we are at it, l's also do away with a new ball from each end and batting powerplay.
Agree completely.