ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Bairstow said nothing wrong really. England are playing the world cup at home and pitches haven't been like what they have had at home for last 4 years. In fact pitches haven't even been like what you get in most of the world for odi's . Everyone keeps talking about home advantage but there was hardly any home advantage if the pitches aren't what the home team is used to. You think Virat Kohli wouldn't be complaining if he turned up for a world cup in India and the ball was seaming around all over the place . I didn't expect pitches to be crazy flat but I also didn't expect pitches where everyone would batting first would win .
Again you have gone off on a different tangent. I said nothing about his comments being wrong or right just that English camp opened the door to be labelled as flat track bullies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
:confused: Not sure what's funny. I find English cricket coverage much more balanced in general than other sports.

A lot of it has to do with the fact England have been a pretty mediocre side for so long but also there isn't the same fanatical, biased and cringeworthy nonsense you get in football, for example. You'll get the odd blowhard like KP on Twitter obviously but the overall lack of popularity of cricket is good in some ways.

Of course, if England continue to improve and cement themselves as one of the top dogs, I have no doubt we'll see more of the same one-eyed commentary we see more often in other sports.
It's definitely biased okay maybe not as much as football but it's there.

Its not englands fault. If Bangladesh were the top dogs in media theyd be biased same for any other country. With power comes a little bit of bias so it's cool but it's there.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It’s brewing between England and India fans, in the end Australia will win the whole thing
Currently that is the most likely scenario. Aus will have two days extra rest plus play at Lords where they have already played twice.

shamans

Agreed. It's the perfect middle between India and Australia's chest thumping one-eyed coverage and the fatalism, bordering on self-hatred of the Pakistani commentators
I think Pakistani commentators do praise players sometiems. Now West Indians... man do they just bash their players 24/7. Doesnt hurt to praise them once in a while!

dbs235

Depsite Indian fans doing their best Glaston impression and turning me against India on here, if it's not gonna be England I'd still rather they won it than Australia.

PoTMS

Depsite Indian fans doing their best Glaston impression and turning me against India on here, if it's not gonna be England I'd still rather they won it than Australia.
Nah feck that - anyone but India now. They went full Glaston.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Nah feck that - anyone but India now. They went full Glaston.
Don't get how Glaston they go, much rather India win over Australia, same as I would have wanted Spurs to win the CL over Liverpool.

Interval

Level

Ouch!
Getting on to Manjrekars back for everything has become ridiculous. It almost a self fulfilling prophecy where people are keenly waiting for him to say anything that can be remotely perceived to be silly. What he said in Jadejas case wasn't even wrong; plus a commentator needn't be a better player to point out his observations.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Ironically because of Damoclean sword of NRR I'm having more fun with this 'deadrubber' than I have with a few of the semi-finalists' matches. They're both going for a pride-boosting win, no pissing about.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Getting on to Manjrekars back for everything has become ridiculous. It almost a self fulfilling prophecy where people are keenly waiting for him to say anything that can be remotely perceived to be silly. What he said in Jadejas case wasn't even wrong; plus a commentator needn't be a better player to point out his observations.
I take it you are from Mumbai. He

Last edited:

Old Ma Crow

I don’t particularly like Manjrekar either but that’s me. Had he called Jadeja an all rounder instead the reaction would probably not have been so strong. I think Jadeja would be a better choice than Jadhav and Kartik anyway. More clicks for Jadeja.

shamans

He has no place being a commie in international cricket.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
The problem is that these grounds are sufficient for county cricket and they do not have the funds to develop them. Even if they did, the attendances at the county would not warrant the increase as the current capacity is fine. Aren’t the Australian grounds shared with other sports?
We have some smaller cricket only grounds, but all the big grounds that would have been used for a world cup etc, are dual sport. It helps that AFL is played on such a big pitch, and it dictates the size of the big grounds. Then every other sport fits inside.

Skills

Snitch
I would've dropped Imam. There's no place for him in a team needing 400

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Poor selection. Should have picked Asif and Malik and dropped Imam and a bowler.