ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

madRedDevil07

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I believe India missed a player like Rayudu/Shankar today who can build an innings from 5/3. Rayudu has done it few times when he had got the chance and it would have meant Pandya coming lower the order where he could have been a better player.

Aboutreika18

I think Santner has been really overlooked this World Cup.

Quietly goes about his job, quickly through the overs without getting smashed around, picking up crucial wickets and has scored some crucial runs with the bat towards the end of innings.

Patrick08

I duno. 23 of 11 wasnt it? If he completed that two it was 21 of 10. 2 sixes would have been all it took.

I think it was dk who was on zero after 20 balls. Thats horrendous. If he even hit 5 or 6 runs they probably wouldnt even have risked the second
2 sixes are not easy to hit with that slower bouncers

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Blame should go to Kohli bringing both DK and Pandya ahead of Dhoni when consolidation was needed. I think Kohli tried to get Pandya to counter-attack but that strategy didn't work as even Pandya ended up with a 50 strike rate innings.

You can imagine how better a situation India would've been in had Dhoni survived the middle overs with either Pant or Pandya knowing that they had DK, Jadeja after them to finish the innings.

Overall, you have to question India's mentality in knockout games as well. Since their CT win 2013, my count sees their win loss ratio in tournament knockouts (CT, WC, T20 WC and Asia Cup) at 50% (W5, L5). Given how good a team they have had during that time and that they have been favourites for nearly every match (other than the WC 2015 semi-final against Australia), that's a poor record.

Kohli's form has been suspect in ODI knockout matches as well, averages just 29 overall. Sharma has been also poor if you remove matches against Bangladesh.

prateik

Dhoni avoids the new ball like the plague.

DK got out in the 10th over.. Dhoni comes on when the ball is dead and there is nothing in it for the bowlers..

Doesn't believe in leading from the front.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Massive day for English cricket, I hope I’m wrong, but as a long suffering England fan I sense it’s going to be one big disappointment again.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Massive day for English cricket, I hope I’m wrong, but as a long suffering England fan I sense it’s going to be one big disappointment again.
I have only supported for last 2 years and even I can just feel it

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
It’ll end in disappointment either today or Sunday but one thing we can be sure of is it’ll end in disappointment

Djemba-Djemba

I keep thinking well why can't we win today? We're a good side.

Then I remember it's England and we're against fecking Australia.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Btw did Kohli actually say that the format should be changed so that they had an additional advantage coming first? :lol:

You already had the advantage of playing against the number 4 team, who were quite average in the tournament. The fecking arrogance of the twit.

zing

Zingle balls
Btw did Kohli actually say that the format should be changed so that they had an additional advantage coming first? :lol:

You already had the advantage of playing against the number 4 team, who were quite average in the tournament. The fecking arrogance of the twit.
No, he didn't.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
No, he didn't.
Oh he did:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-bad-cricket-new-zealand-world-cup-semi-final

Asked whether he would like to see the tournament follow the model of the Indian Premier League, in which teams who finish top in the regular season get another chance to reach the final if they lose their first play‑off match, the India captain said: “Maybe. If topping the table means anything. I think these things can come into consideration, looking at the magnitude of this tournament. That is a really valid point. You never know when that is going to be implemented.

“You finish No 1 in the table and then a spell of bad cricket and you are out of the tournament completely. But you have to accept it.”

:lol:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Look at the damage henry, boult did. It was a stupid defensive move to drop him.
I think this is an under reported bad decision from yesterday. I know Bhuvi did well but Shami absolutely is our best bowler when it comes to swinging the ball with any help. He also troubled the NZ batsmen a lot in the ODI series in NZ. I know why Kohli prefers Bhuvi and he played him because he thought it was a flat wicket and he wanted a bowler to control runs at the end.

ChrisNelson

Well I hope England win today, but if they don't I've been reading my big book of excuses for sporting defeats so I'm sure I will find something in there!

Skills

Snitch
I think this is an under reported bad decision from yesterday. I know Bhuvi did well but Shami absolutely is our best bowler when it comes to swinging the ball with any help. He also troubled the NZ batsmen a lot in the ODI series in NZ. I know why Kohli prefers Bhuvi and he played him because he thought it was a flat wicket and he wanted a bowler to control runs at the end.
Agreed.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don’t think you can criticise bowling selections when they restricted New Zealand to s gettable score. The batsman are to blame for this defeat.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Oh he did:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-bad-cricket-new-zealand-world-cup-semi-final

Asked whether he would like to see the tournament follow the model of the Indian Premier League, in which teams who finish top in the regular season get another chance to reach the final if they lose their first play‑off match, the India captain said: “Maybe. If topping the table means anything. I think these things can come into consideration, looking at the magnitude of this tournament. That is a really valid point. You never know when that is going to be implemented.

“You finish No 1 in the table and then a spell of bad cricket and you are out of the tournament completely. But you have to accept it.”

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Reckon whoever bats first will win today.

Aussies are a machine & have playing been better than I expected, but this is probably england’s best chance to win a WC. Should be another fun game.

prateik

Well, that is the format in IPL.. and he was asked that question.

Its not like he brought it up himself..

The whining about the shorter boundary at Edgbaston was worse.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Well, that is the format in IPL.. and he was asked that question.

Its not like he brought it up himself..

The whining about the shorter boundary at Edgbaston was worse.
He could have easily dismissed the question by saying that they face the weakest team in the semi final so that is there advantage of coming top, instead of then saying that they should consider giving them another chance like the IPL.

Skills

Snitch
They should do the next world cup cod style. Winners bracket and a losers bracket :wenger:

ChrisNelson

I keep thinking well why can't we win today? We're a good side.

Then I remember it's England and we're against fecking Australia.
Come on now! Australia haven't won the Ashes over here since 2001. England have also won the last 2 ODI series against Australia 4-1 and 5-0. Yes Australia have a good team and are more than capable of beating England but I think we should be positive today.

MDFC Manager

Absolutely. Shami is a wicket taking option and a good foil for Bumrah at the other end. Many people didn't see this as a bad decision but for me it was a another key decision done wrong.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He could have easily dismissed the question by saying that they face the weakest team in the semi final so that is there advantage of coming top, instead of then saying that they should consider giving them another chance like the IPL.
Yeah that would be such a respectful comment to make on NZ.

prateik

Every neutral is supporting NZ, right? Most likeable side.. or the least dislikeable .

MJJ

Yeah that would be such a respectful comment to make on NZ.
No, the team that finishes first has an advantage that they face the team that finishes fourth. Or no, IPL format works for IPL but if you want to win the world cup you need to perform in crunch time.

You dont bitch about a format and come out with stupidity like give the team finishing first two shots at the cherry. It's like a kid crying try ball after getting out on the first ball.

roonster09

Scout
No, the team that finishes first has an advantage that they face the team that finishes fourth. Or no, IPL format works for IPL but if you want to win the world cup you need to perform in crunch time.

You dont bitch about a format and come out with stupidity like give the team finishing first two shots at the cherry. It's like a kid crying try ball after getting out on the first ball.
Which has nothing to do with my post.

Saying things like "Weakest Semi finalists" is just shit and nonsense, downright stupid too. Obviously he should have said "this was the format and this is how it is" simple as that.

roonster09

Scout
That is the fact, they were fourth in the table and therefore the weakest in the semi final. He could've said the lowest or fourth placed team.
Or not mention them at all. Somehow you came up with worse answer than Kohli came out with.

MJJ

Which has nothing to do with my post.

Saying things like "Weakest Semi finalists" is just shit and nonsense, downright stupid too. Obviously he should have said "this was the format and this is how it is" simple as that.
I am giving you examples he could have said about instead of bitching about the format after bitching about the boundary previously.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Or not mention them at all. Somehow you came up with worse answer than Kohli came out with.
Haha yea sure the better answer was whining about the format.

How dare the ICC only India one chance to go through like everyone else. We're special.