ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Australia win the toss and bat first.

Huge.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I am giving you examples he could have said about instead of bitching about the format after bitching about the boundary previously.
Haha yea sure the better answer was whining about the format.

How dare the ICC only India one chance to go through like everyone else. We're special.
:lol: It's not better answer but calling NZ weaker is downright stupid, also saying first team has advantage as they face 4th placed team.

What Kohli said was stupid and what you guys said is also just disrespectful to NZ.

He should have just said "that's the format" and move on, not something like weak team, advantage playing 4th placed team nonsense.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
On the plus side I’ll be home in time to watch us bat.

Downside is it’ll be to watch us fail to chase it down.

MJJ

:lol: It's not better answer but calling NZ weaker is downright stupid, also saying first team has advantage as they face 4th placed team.

What Kohli said was stupid and what you guys said is also just disrespectful to NZ.

He should have just said "that's the format" and move on, not something like weak team, advantage playing 4th placed team nonsense.
I mean that's literally the advantage of finishing first, that you play the fourth based team.

KM

Christ every cricket thread on here seems to turn into India vs Pakistan. Some usual clowns from both the sides always the instigators. Give it a fecking rest.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I mean that's literally the advantage of finishing first, that you play the fourth based team.
Yes but you don't say that in PC. These 4 teams are in SF as they are the 4 best teams in the world cup (some may disagree), so calling advantage is just disrespectful. As a fans we can, but as a professional players, they shouldn't.

KM

We’ll see. There’s still a long way to go. I’m hoping England can restrict ASU’s.
It's just the Semi Final pressure I reckon. Always favors the batting side. Interested to see what lineup Aussies are going for. They've had some major injury issues.

KM

Unlucky for Khawaja this. He has been excellent for Aussies in ODI in the last year and gets to miss the biggest game of his life due to injuries. Handscomb is a decent replacement.

Not sure how Adil Rashid has managed to keep his spot in the team for England throughout the SF. Don't have the stats but my impression was that he's been poor.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Handscomb debuting in the WC in the semi-final, not ideal for the Aussies. Obviously we need at least one opener early or we're instantly up against it.

KM

Handscomb debuting in the WC in the semi-final, not ideal for the Aussies. Obviously we need at least one opener early or we're instantly up against it.
He's a very good ODI player.
On the other hand, I fancy Maxwell to score big today for some reason.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He's a very good ODI player.
On the other hand, I fancy Maxwell to score big today for some reason.
He's good but it's not ideal for any player to play a WC semi cold. I fancy Maxwell to score about 20 at a ridiculous lick then get himself out, Carey worries me the most in the Aussies's lower order.

ChrisNelson

Right as poor excuses seem to be a theme at the moment, I'm getting one in early - England would have won that toss if Morgan had been allowed to call. Allowing Finch to call heads or tails could cost England the match!

I demand a change in the rules before the next tournament.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I don’t think you can criticise bowling selections when they restricted New Zealand to s gettable score. The batsman are to blame for this defeat.
Agree just saying that we could have done more damage upfront with Shami.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Australia win the toss and bat first.

Huge.
Let's see what English are made of now. Want them to win anyway. Oz will hammer NZ big time with Eng it might still be a decent match given they would be nervous in a big final too.

KM

Right as poor excuses seem to be a theme at the moment, I'm getting one in early - England would have won that toss if Morgan had been allowed to call. Allowing Finch to call heads or tails could cost England the match!

Sure it took you about half an hour think of this "joke", but Morgan did made the call here, so just like the rest of your posts, this was quite pointless.

AJ10

I bet that sounded great in your head.

KM

Home team playing and stands are empty. ICC are a farce.

AshRK

Anyways coming to the game. Huge toss for Australia. If England chase whatever Australia post then fair play to England and they would prove why many (including non-English) have had them as their favorites to win it. I hope for the game of cricket England wins today, atleast we will have a first time winners then.

KM

Warner and Smith playing together. Could be fun to see if the crowd boos them throughout.

ChrisNelson

Sure it took you about half an hour think of this "joke", but Morgan did made the call here, so just like the rest of your posts, this was quite pointless.
Thanks for your support :) I was going from the Cricinfo commentary which said that Finch had made the call. This however seems to have gone now... so I can only apologise for any offence caused :).

KM

Thanks for your support :) I was going from the Cricinfo commentary which said that Finch had made the call. This however seems to have gone now... so I can only apologise for any offence caused :).
It's okay :). After reading your posts in this thread and gauging your intelligence, it'd be wrong of me to take offence to your posts :).