ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

MJJ

But it does not make India a crap or any less team. It is all fine margins. Kohli could have easily been given not out or had we survived the first 5 overs we could have cake walked to 240. NZ for the first 10 over brought their A game and were rewarded for their efforts. Similarly they actually bowled really well in the first 5 overs against England but they were not rewarded.

Anyways there is no end to ifs and buts and that is why whoever wins the trophy are called world champions.
Your general point is correct, my question was in reply to do Maria somehow convinced that you guys would have two world cups if not for Australia

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Indian fan telling us winning a world cup isn't everything. We have come a full circle in 2 weeks in this thread
Are you incapable of reading? Where did I say that?

Years of hiding, one trophy win later and the English fans are finally out in force. Forget about the past 30 years - the only thing that matters is Sunday.

Di Maria's angel

Your general point is correct, my question was in reply to do Maria somehow convinced that you guys would have two world cups if not for Australia
Gosh, you honestly need to learn to read. Its such a simply concept - i clearly said "may have".

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The part where you decided that winning a World Cup is the only measure to determine whether a team is good or not.

Had it not been for a stupidly over powered Australian side, we may have won 3 WCs.
Well if we cant use a 46 day World Cup tournament winners as the criteria of who is best, maybe we can create an algorithm that measures past performances over a relevant time period. Let's call it the ODI rankings. Do me a favour and run the numbers on a spreadsheet and tell me who comes up tops?

Also, had England not been rubbish, they may also have won 3 WC's.
Had Bangladesh also gained independence in 1947, they may also have won 3 WC's.
Had China invented cricket, they may also have won 3 WC's.

I can go on.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Are you incapable of reading? Where did I say that?

Years of hiding, one trophy win later and the English fans are finally out in force. Forget about the past 30 years - the only thing that matters is Sunday.
You just said on the last page that winning the world cup isn't the only way to realise how good a team is . After Australia beat England me & some other England fans said that even if England didn't win the world cup then it wouldn't diminish the performances of the last 4 years and all of you laughed at it for days

Di Maria's angel

Flat wickets and it'll be England/Australia.

If the wickets aren't flat, then the above two will struggle and can see India being favourites.

The great thing about this WC is the uprising of West Indies and Pakistan being stronger than I've seen them for a while. The former might not be a contender for the final few places but they'll be exciting to watch. No idea which players will be going but the likes of Pollard, Narine and Russell are a must.
@Djemba-Djemba my first post where i stated my favourites based on conditions.

Its hard to debate on a forum where, unless you post a lecture, you can't get a point across.

Di Maria's angel

You just said on the last page that winning the world cup isn't the only way to realise how good a team is . After Australia beat England me & some other England fans said that even if England didn't win the world cup then it wouldn't diminish the performances of the last 4 years and all of you laughed at it for days
Theres no point. I'm not going to repeat myself.

No one said it would dimish Englands last four years but people did argue that winning was the cherry on top and without a WC to show, itd almost have been pointless.

dbs235

Indian fan telling us winning a world cup isn't everything. We have come a full circle in 2 weeks in this thread
They were literally banging on about how ICC tournaments are the only thing that matters, not ODI rankings or series performances over 4 years :lol::lol: You couldn't make this up.

Di Maria's angel

They were literally banging on about how ICC tournaments are the only thing that matters, not ODI rankings or series performances over 4 years :lol::lol: You couldn't make this up.
The part where you decided that winning a World Cup is the only measure to determine whether a team is good or not.

JohnnyKills

The pathetic ODI side for decades has won as many world cups as you lot over the last two decades. I really don't get where the indian superiority complex comes from.
I agree to be honest. Some of the comments from Indian supporters on here really smack of arrogance - particularly as India were a joke themselves until 2011. Some of the comments after England lost to Sri Lanka and Australia were ridiculous.

Fact is India have got a couple of decent batsman and the rest are pretty average. All the best batsman in the IPL, bar those two, are foreign. They're going to have to find some new players and quickly if they want to start winning trophies consistently.

Fully Fledged

Yes the risk is there with the overthrows, no? I'm just taking about specific situation of hitting the batsman.

Why would teams throw at stumps if ball is dead?
That means that you don't have to hit the stumps to stop the other team scoring more runs. Hit one of the batsmen and the balls dead.

AshRK

I am intrigued to see who will be the next coach for India. I seriously hope they do not make another emotional decision and appoint Ganguly or some other ex legend. Apart from Dravid none of the ex legends have a genuine claim to be our coach. Mike Hesson would be someone who would really interest me. He had a very good stint with NZ helping them to reach 2015 finals. He is now coaching Kings 11 Punjab. Hope BCCI makes a good decision.

Di Maria's angel

I agree to be honest. Some of the comments from Indian supporters on here really smack of arrogance - particularly as India were a joke themselves until 2011. Some of the comments after England lost to Sri Lanka and Australia were ridiculous.

Fact is India have got a couple of decent batsman and the rest are pretty average. All the best batsman in the IPL, bar those two, are foreign. They're going to have to find some new players and quickly if they want to start winning trophies consistently.
God damn. You guys are so fecking precious.

AshRK

Can't see England winning WC after this debacle.

Feck Headingley.
Funny coming from you. This was your comment after you lot lost to SL. :lol:

fergies coat

England are the best cricket team in the world. It’s a brilliant achievement.

Considering India has a population of 1.3 billion, and cricket is their number one sport. They should really win a lot more than they normally do.

It’s a bit embarrassing really. It looks like we’ll have to show them how to play it again in 2023.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
England are the best cricket team in the world. It’s a brilliant achievement.

Considering India has a population of 1.3 billion, and cricket is their number one sport. They should really win a lot more than they normally do.

It’s a bit embarrassing really. It looks like we’ll have to show them how to play it again in 2023.
A bit like England in Rugby.

Let's be honest the nation that can be most proud of its sporting clout is New Zealand. Less than 5million people with world-class sporting teams.