ICC Cricket World Cup 2019

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I think I love Joe Root. I know the windies bowlers aren’t exactly testing him but he’s so smooth

Famous last words now probably

Djemba-Djemba

Depends, I see what Nasser is saying and Afghanistan won't be the game where there will be a whole load of short balls. He does need to get in nick and it might be the right game for him.
It's Afghanistan and Sri Lanka next, so yeah maybe he'd be ok.

Although Root has done a decent job as opener , and I think Woakes is a pretty solid option too.

NinjaFletch

Whoever the broadcast partner is for this WC (it evidently isn't Sky's normal lot) they're doing an absolutely cracking job.

The visuals look great, the packages that are being put together for analysis are superb and we have a field map. Just absolutely first rate.

JohnnyKills

Whoever the broadcast partner is for this WC (it evidently isn't Sky's normal lot) they're doing an absolutely cracking job.

The visuals look great, the packages that are being put together for analysis are superb and we have a field map. Just absolutely first rate.
Yeah it's great isn't it. Thank God Botham's gone too - he was phoning it in for years.

AshRK

Braithwaite anoter pointless cricketer. Bad at bowling, nothing special with the bat and acts like a top guy.

NinjaFletch

Yeah it's great isn't it. Thank God Botham's gone too - he was phoning it in for years.
Think they shitcanned him anyway, but I think that's also partly because the commentators are ICC appointments too rather than Sky. A lot of crossover, but I think that's also why we're getting Mark Nicholas on some games too.

I googled it and the company is Sunset+Vine. Signed a 4 year deal to do ICC events until 2023 so thankfully we'll see more of this in the future.

AshRK

I still think England are favourites to win this WC. They have a golden chance to break the duck and win this.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I still think England are favourites to win this WC. They have a golden chance to break the duck and win this.
Have to say India are. Quality top 3 and then with the ball Bumrah backed by spinners puts the edge on. Plus India have had the standout performance so far probably in beating Australia.

Spinners might be the difference for the two sides at the moment.

AshRK

We'll need to have a really bad day at the office with the bat to not absolutely smash their bowling.
It won't be that easy. This english side are on roll. Yes, India are amazing and can win it on any day but this is surely one of the best English sides to play in WC and they are playing at home so could be their year.

Moby

Dick
It won't be that easy. This english side are on roll. Yes, India are amazing and can win it on any day but this is surely one of the best English sides to play in WC and they are playing at home so could be their year.
Ya I know their batting is great, we have a better balance though and I can see our bowling, especially the spinners troubling them or at least containing them to a total we can chase.

Fully Fledged

Ya I know their batting is great, we have a better balance though and I can see our bowling, especially the spinners troubling them or at least containing them to a total we can chase.
That will take some doing. Out scoring them is one thing but forcing them to be below par with the bat will need an exceptionally good bowling performance.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Good to know that you have already won the toss and are chasing

AshRK

Chasing anything above 280 in a WC will be a tough task , especially if it is a knock out game.

JohnnyKills

Hope so mate. Think any one of the big four could win it though. Reckon India's lack of power hitters will cost them in the end.