ICC T20 World Cup 2021

Skills

Snitch
I hate it when the shit teams bat first. fecking annoying.

It's robbing the paying fans. Higher ranked team should always bat first in LO cricket

Dudu

What a comeback! They were 53-6 at one point. Well done Scotland.

Fantastic way to start the tournament.

AshRK

High time these bigger countries like India England Australia offers help to these associate nations and play matches against them. India even sending their B side to play against Oman for 2 t20s or a short tour would do them good. England should have a yearly match against Scotland and Ireland. Similarly other big teams like windies or Pakistan or South Africa should play against these so called smaller sides. Time to grow the game especially the t20 formats and not make it a 3 or 4 country game.

Kazi

High time these bigger countries like India England Australia offers help to these associate nations and play matches against them. India even sending their B side to play against Oman for 2 t20s or a short tour would do them good. England should have a yearly match against Scotland and Ireland. Similarly other big teams like windies or Pakistan or South Africa should play against these so called smaller sides. Time to grow the game especially the t20 formats and not make it a 3 or 4 country game.
I think India (and Pakistan) are already help Oman’s team enough tbh

AshRK

I think India (and Pakistan) are already help Oman’s team enough tbh
Not sure if India played a match against Oman. Point is touring or playing a short series even with a B side would do these nations a lot good. Nepal has some good talents, similarly countries like Oman. Look at Afghanistan, they are growing big time yet I don't see big countries playing or having even a short series against them. You don't need a big window, just a couple of weeks of window and can do a 3 or 5t20 series against them.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Not sure if India played a match against Oman. Point is touring or playing a short series even with a B side would do these nations a lot good. Nepal has some good talents, similarly countries like Oman. Look at Afghanistan, they are growing big time yet I don't see big countries playing or having even a short series against them. You don't need a big window, just a couple of weeks of window and can do a 3 or 5t20 series against them.
Think they were just making the point that Oman's team is made up of foreign born players.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
England playing India in a warm up in an hour or so.

Good win for Ireland.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
India's top 6 is too good right now. England also need to pick Mills if they want to stand a chance

zing

Zingle balls
India's top 6 is too good right now. England also need to pick Mills if they want to stand a chance
Hope we stick with the 11, swap Surya for Rohit at four.. dropping Ishan to bench may be something they do

Dudu

Phew. Straightforward win for SL although the top order is so garbage.

Impressive win for the Irish.

Shocking that Warmup games are being televised (and promoted more) alongside actual World Cup games. Cannot overstate how much I hate this WC 'Round 1' format.

Dudu

Hope we stick with the 11, swap Surya for Rohit at four.. dropping Ishan to bench may be something they do
Would be a travesty if Ishan Kishan is dropped from the playing XI. He and KL are a lethal opening combo.

zing

Zingle balls
Would be a travesty if Ishan Kishan is dropped from the playing XI. He and KL are a lethal opening combo.
Ishan, Rahul, Kohli, Rohit, Pant, Pandya, Jadeja, Ashwin/Shardhul, Bumrah, Shami, Varun

is how I'd line up. Don't rate Rahul Chahar and Bhuvi looks a liability

AshRK

Ishan, Rahul, Kohli, Rohit, Pant, Pandya, Jadeja, Ashwin/Shardhul, Bumrah, Shami, Varun

is how I'd line up. Don't rate Rahul Chahar and Bhuvi looks a liability
That kohli rohit middle order is a disaster waiting to happen. Sky has to play. Rohit if he has to play, has to open. I never thought I would say this but Kohli , Rohit in this t20 setup is causing more problems to ourselves than the opponents. You can't drop them because of who they are but then playing both of them would mean dropping deserving players.

Skills

Snitch
That kohli rohit middle order is a disaster waiting to happen. Sky has to play. Rohit if he has to play, has to open. I never thought I would say this but Kohli , Rohit in this t20 setup is causing more problems to ourselves than the opponents. You can't drop them because of who they are but then playing both of them would mean dropping deserving players.
Has to be one of Rohit or Rahul. No point trying to squeeze both in

zing

Zingle balls
Rohit likes his own pace when up top. At 4, he is somewhat dictated by the game, and he's a world class limited overs player which Surya is not..

I think we're equally likely to see Rahul, Rohit, Kohli, Surya as the top 4.

In other news, Livingstone looks a injury concern..

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Be insane to drop Ishan, he’s top quality. I can understand dropping SKY, though I like him as a middle order player but you’ve got to have Rohit in there somewhere.

Anyway for a variety of reasons can’t see beyond India for the tournament.

Last edited:

Dudu

India have insane bench strength and Kohli seems to struggle a little to maintain a solid S/R. So I wonder if he would be the one benched if he wasn't Captain.

Then again it is Virat Kohli..

Dudu

Huge day for Bangladesh!

If they lose vs Oman, and Scotland beat PNG (extremely likely).. Bangladesh are knocked out.

iKnowNothing

I’d rather they pick Ishan over SKY. KL and Rohit to open, Kohli at 3, Ishan 4, Pant, Pandya, Jadeja and the bowlers would be my preferred way forwards

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So the India-Pakistan game will clash with the United-Liverpool game on Sunday… can’t say I’m looking forward to either on current form :nervous:

Dudu

Valiant display by PNG, but Scotland have 2 in 2 and virtually through to the Super 12.

So this is a must-win game now for BD.

Dudu

So the India-Pakistan game will clash with the United-Liverpool game on Sunday… can’t say I’m looking forward to either on current form :nervous:
India vs Pakistan
United vs Liverpool
Barcelona vs Real Madrid
Inter Milan vs Juventus
Roma vs Napoli
Marseille vs PSG
Atletico Madrid vs Real Sociedad

:wenger:

zing

Zingle balls
Very decent bowling from Oman. Pleasantly surprised. Are they any good at batting? Can there be an upset?

Cloud7

One of the things I’ve appreciated about this tournament is that there isn’t the ridiculous branding attached to everything that happens on the field. Having just come off of watching CPL (which is as bad for it as IPL) and IPL, it really is a breath of fresh air.

No Unacademy maximum or republic bank classic catch

Dudu

Heck of a comeback from the Bangladeshi bowlers.

They live to fight another day.

Dudu

Yup - bowling much better than their batting though.

Have other teams improved or Bangla become really shit?
Standards of Associate Cricket is rising. But they are still seldom given much chances to play. Thankfully the T20WC in 2024 will be increased to 20 teams and do away entirely with this Group 1 format (meaning more opportunities for the lower ranked teams to play the bigger teams).

BD came into this WC with series wins against Aus and NZ for the first time in their history. But they did so by preparing really rank slow, turner pitches - which may be why their batsman are struggling so far in the WC.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Good chance now that Bangladesh will be in England group as well . England , Australia,WI,South Africa,Sri Lanka and Bangladesh would be a ridiculous group

Dudu

Good chance now that Bangladesh will be in England group as well . England , Australia,WI,South Africa,Sri Lanka and Bangladesh would be a ridiculous group
Not quite. ICC has a rule that SL and BD will retain the seedings of A1 and B1 respectively should they progress. So if SL top Group A, and BD finish 2nd in Group B.. then BD (who will retain B1 seed) go to the group alongisde Ind/Pak/NZ etc.

I think the reasoning is to avoid a 'Super Group' like you mentioned.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Not quite. ICC has a rule that SL and BD will retain the seedings of A1 and B1 respectively should they progress. So if SL top Group A, and BD finish 2nd in Group B.. then BD (who will retain B1 seed) go to the group alongisde Ind/Pak/NZ etc.

I think the reasoning is to avoid a 'Super Group' like you mentioned.
Ah that makes sense

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The comms on these England warm up games are horrendous. Assume the big guns come in for the weekend.