ICC T20 World Cup 2022

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

Karma :lol: You'd think a 10 wicket humiliation where you were made to look like a chubby Sunday league bowler and fielder would humble you up a bit but not this guy.
It also doesn’t make any sense. Karma for what exactly? How is England winning the WC karma for Pakistan?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I can see the logic in dropping Babar to 3rd and 4th and having another power hitter opening with Rizwan, but I’m not sure I’m fully behind.

Being brutally honest, the core of this team is excellent. We were the best team in the 2021 T20, and really should have won the whole tournament (dropped catch in the SF killed us). We should have won the Asia Cup earlier in the year, and if Shaheen was fully fit (he wasn’t 100% at the start of the tournament either) we could have won this edition too.

I think the middle order lacks that level headed all rounder that we used to have in Shoaib Malik or Mo Hafeez. Someone that can come in keep the score tight when bowling but can also get a good 20/25 off 10-12 balls. I’m not a fan of Muhammad Wasim personally - he’s just not good enough right now.

Also I was surprised Nawaz wasn’t bowled ahead of Iftikhar when Shaheen went off.

So what I’m trying to say in a non-rambly way is that I think we lack a bit of experience and level headedness in that middle order. Obviously this experience only comes with time and getting more matches under your belt. I do think Nawaz can eventually full that role for the team as he’s done well domestically.

I’d also replace Muhammad Wasim but not sure who - 4 out of 5 of our bowling attack is on the money game in game out. Wasim let’s the unit down.
Yea Shoaib Malik and Hafeez were underrated in our middle order, would rather have them than Iftikhar and Shan right now (though both did well in the World Cup).

Wasim Jnr is still raw. What's a bit annoying is that while his bowling has improved his batting has regressed a lot, it's a stretch to call him an all rounder now. When compared to other pace bowling all rounders like Yameen and Faheem, his bowling is definitely an advantage but both are better batsman. I like Faheem a lot but I don't think Wasim will be dropped for him.

In any case, Wasim Jnr was playing because of the need of four pacers. That need won't be there in other conditions so likely that he will move out of the XI for another middle order batsman.

Iftikhar was bowled because of two left handers. In his defense, he was just a few meters away from getting Stokes caught by Babar before the boundary and six.