Music IDLES | Band

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I’ve searched and couldn’t find a thread on these lads, which surprised me. Really gotten into them the past couple of months and they have some absolutely brilliant tunes.

They claim to ‘not being a punk band’ but I’m struggling to find a better description of them to be honest. Superb instrumentals and ingenious lyrics with a heavy anti-establishment theme, to boot. Well worth checking out if you like heavy guitars and eclectic drumming.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I like them. They get slagged off sometimes for their lyrics supposedly consisting of trite slogans but that kinda criticism misses the point really. It's not like they're particularly trying to be anything other than direct, especially on their last album where the point was to be as concise as possible.

Second album is the best though.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

Been watching this all day. So damn good.

Have seen Idles three times this year and it never feels like enough. They haven't been to Ireland since 2019! Need 'em back soon.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
@Zebs Cheers for posting that video above. Absolutely immense stuff from the boys once again. What a band.

From the YouTube comments:

You know your ears are about to get ripped when Joe gets down in that hunkered goblin stance with the microphone.
:D

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
New album is great.