Idrissa Gueye is one of the signings of the season

Ekeke

Gueye is the best tackler in the league statistically but his passing isn't as good as Kante. Pogba falls just behind Kante in the passing stakes actually: Pogba has attempted 776 passes with a passing accuracy of 85%, whereas Kante has attempted 791 passes with a passing accuracy of 89%. Not much difference there and funny considering most say Pogba has been utter shite and Kante has apparently been amazing. I personally think Kante is massively overrated but that's another discussion.
Also considering Kante isnt looking to create anything, while Pogba has been our most creative player

But if you focus only on Kante's passing you are missing half the point.

He's both a big ball winner and someone who makes a lot of passes and keeps the team ticking.

Ekeke

Agreed. Hence why I think his passing is wildly overrated. He can knock it about short but his actual passing ability is nothing special.
Okay, so whats your opinion on Michael Carrick? Because Kante is a much better ball winner and lesser passer, but overall about the same.

Robbie Boy

Also considering Kante isnt looking to create anything, while Pogba has been our most creative player

But if you focus only on Kante's passing you are missing half the point.

He's both a big ball winner and someone who makes a lot of passes and keeps the team ticking.
Okay, so whats your opinion on Michael Carrick? Because Kante is a much better ball winner and lesser passer, but overall about the same.
I didn't originally bring up his passing. My point is that people that say it's 'excellent' etc are wildly overrating his ability on the ball. Carrick is a far superior passer, yes.

Anyhow, I don't rate Kante nearly as highly as some some do. But then again plenty have said Carrick is useless over the years. Opinions eh.

Kag

We should buy him, watch him play shit when he gets here, then dive into his player thread to tell the world we need yet another midfielder. It's so much fun.

MounchesterUtd

He's fantastic, but should we really sign him knowing we'll miss him during the AFCON? We already have Bailly who we'll miss.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Great player. We won't sign him and nor will we be after a player like him because it appears Mourinho is quite set on Herrera for such a role.

We really need to focus on an anchor player like Carrick..

sport2793

Quite a handy player for Everton these days. Absolutely shut down Arsenal's interplay in the second half. I like his engine too as he was willing to steam forward towards the end.

Devil may care

Herrera plays with just as much energy and grit, is a ball winner and much better on the ball after he's won it, we should be using TFM as his understudy not paying Everton £30M for Gueye.

bensonjutton

Supports
Everton
Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye the first player from the top 5 European leagues to win 100 tackles this season (101). #EFC

This after missing a month due to african cup of nations.

Had a very good game today, in second half his energy levels were insane. He gets better as the match goes on because everyone else tires and he just keeps going like a duracell bunny.

drdoityourself

Saw the Everton game today, his energy and ability to win back possession stood out. He's also willing to run into forward positions and got himself a good chance. Really impressed me today and I hope United will keep an eye on him.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I didn't watch Aston Villa games but did Gueye stand out there?

criticalanalysis

Saw the Everton game today, his energy and ability to win back possession stood out. He's also willing to run into forward positions and got himself a good chance. Really impressed me today and I hope United will keep an eye on him.
Herrera and Gueye in a double pivot would be emmense, play Pogba in a free role
The funny thing today, it was Schneiderlin sheidling the back four letting Gueye do his Kante-thing i.e running all over the pitch up and down, winning tackles, making runs etc. Didn't watch the full game but I thought he played decent. Sigh, if only he was given a proper chance. Schneiderlin's energy and defensive cover would have unleashed a more attack minded Herrera to link up with Pogba.

If we signed a player like Gueye, it would be Herrera sitting, which unfortunately is what I think Mourinho wants..but then who knows, I'm sure there will be reinforcements in the summers.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Was very disappointing against Liverpool but then they all were I suppose. Worth keeping an eye on for sure, no doubt we'll have just as many games again next season.

Even if he played a squad role for us similar to how Guardiola uses a utility player like Delph in their squad.

Super Chops

Supports
Everton
Was very disappointing against Liverpool but then they all were I suppose. Worth keeping an eye on for sure, no doubt we'll have just as many games again next season.

Even if he played a squad role for us similar to how Guardiola uses a utility player like Delph in their squad.
that's just how Everton go in derbies. haven't won since 2010, haven't won at anfield this century.

Gueye went off the the boil a bit after AFCON (fatigue?) but he's returned to form. Think he's every bit as good as Kante when he's fully fit.

Shuriken

I think he'd be a good fit for us. It might take a while for us to find a new Carrick, until (if we ever will) we do, it could be wise to add a few more defensive or box-to-box midfielders. We might as well stock 'em up. With the intensity that football is played these days, injuries are a constant.

I still don't understand how Chelsea have managed to stay so injury-free this season, regardless of how few competitions they've participated in… but that's another subject.

Gueye is a grinding hard working midfielder who would potentially improve with Mourinho as a manager, and he would probably chip in some goals and assists too.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Couldn't find another thread on him and isn't really worth another but he's set to join PSG for around 30m. I know he's about to turn 30 but he's been consistently the best CDM alongside Kante since he joined the PL. We are going to really miss him and I hope that Delph hasn't been bought as his replacement and we have someone else in mind.

I'm gutted. He's a great bloke and fair play to him for putting maximum effort in from Jan-May after we blocked this move initially.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49149867

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Couldn't find another thread on him and isn't really worth another but he's set to join PSG for around 30m. I know he's about to turn 30 but he's been consistently the best CDM alongside Kante since he joined the PL. We are going to really miss him and I hope that Delph hasn't been bought as his replacement and we have someone else in mind.

I'm gutted. He's a great bloke and fair play to him for putting maximum effort in from Jan-May after we blocked this move initially.

I forgot about Delph and didn't even think might replace him. Do you not have academy prospects in that position?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I forgot about Delph and didn't even think might replace him. Do you not have academy prospects in that position?
We have Davies in CM and Schneiderlin/McCarthy still at the club but none of them can come close to replacing the quality that Gueye offers. I still have hopes that Davies will be a solid squad player but we need someone else to start for us.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We have Davies in CM and Schneiderlin/McCarthy still at the club but none of them can come close to replacing the quality that Gueye offers. I still have hopes that Davies will be a solid squad player but we need someone else to start for us.
Yeah and rumours are McCarthy is being sold as well, so that's even less options. Well fingers crossed for you guys you do get someone. Not too tightly crossed mind you, as you'll be certainly aiming for us this season :D.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why did they let him go? Did he ask to leave?
Gueye? PSG came in for him in January and he's going to get an immediate title/play CL football. He's turning 30 so doesn't have much time left to do that. I reckon an agreement was made in January that if he stayed we would sell him now and tbf to him he was amazing from then on.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves

Surely Silva can't be looking to line up with Gomes and Delph in midfield?!

Jean-Philippe Gbamin has been linked as a replacement, with us (Wolves) interested too.