If Dortmund doesn’t qualify for CL

RashyForPM

Which is surprising as you'd think Dortmund are particularly good at shifting and replacing players.

But yeah, shame Guerreiro isn't a right-back.
Yeah, and that’s why this is even a thread. Look past Haaland, Sancho and Guerreiro, and they have nothing. Reus and Hummels are declining, and Bellingham will be sold back to England once he becomes top class.

manutddjw

One thing I do know is If Dortmund don’t qualify for the champions league we’ll have some upset Leverkusen supporters on this forum.

Adcuth

Reckon we could get a deal if we sign both Sancho and Haaland at the same time?

Nou_Camp99

Plenty of naivety running through this thread. Which clubs are going to be in a position to buy 50m + players this summer? Not many. Covid has absolutely destroyed the big clubs over last 2 seasons. The magic money tree won't just be turned back on.

They may sell 1 of their stars but I think the summer window will once again be rather conservative from the big clubs. A lot of uncertainty and a lot of lost revenue to make up.

Anyone expecting huge spending sprees from us or any other club will probably end up being disappointed again.

manuchamp88

Yeah, and that’s why this is even a thread. Look past Haaland, Sancho and Guerreiro, and they have nothing. Reus and Hummels are declining, and Bellingham will be sold back to England once he becomes top class.
As an aside, would've loved Reus a few years ago.

To be fair, Reyna is also decent. And with the money they'll get from him and Bellingham, they'll probably uncover another couple of gems even if they miss out on top 4. Not that I'm bothered, eitherway. Wouldn't be my German team due to their Liverpool link and their cockiness last summer re Sancho.

RashyForPM

As an aside, would've loved Reus a few years ago.

To be fair, Reyna is also decent. And with the money they'll get from him and Bellingham, they'll probably uncover another couple of gems even if they miss out on top 4. Not that I'm bothered, eitherway. Wouldn't be my German team due to their Liverpool link and their cockiness last summer re Sancho.
Yeah forgot about Reyna. Dortmund are really annoying. Can’t support them in any way unless they play an English team aside from us in the CL.

croadyman

Plenty of naivety running through this thread. Which clubs are going to be in a position to buy 50m + players this summer? Not many. Covid has absolutely destroyed the big clubs over last 2 seasons. The magic money tree won't just be turned back on.

They may sell 1 of their stars but I think the summer window will once again be rather conservative from the big clubs. A lot of uncertainty and a lot of lost revenue to make up.

Anyone expecting huge spending sprees from us or any other club will probably end up being disappointed again.
Yeah I fully expect us to spend something similar to last summer because like you say which of the big clubs is realistically going to have the money to sign for instance Pogba or Martial so hard to see either of them leaving while the financial situation is so precarious for non oil backed clubs.

Tallis

I think the clubs that don’t really rely on football revenue will still be able to fund big transfers. Case in point Chelsea - who had a big window last season around. City May spend big to get a striker. I feel PSG are due some spending - they may go big too.

croadyman

I think the clubs that don’t really rely on football revenue will still be able to fund big transfers. Case in point Chelsea - who had a big window last season around. City May spend big to get a striker. I feel PSG are due some spending - they may go big too.
Yeah PSG are our only hope of being able to sell Pogba this summer because Juventus & Real have been hit too hard

Scholsey2004

I think its worth remembering that player swaps are still an option for most sides even in poor economic conditions. Most teams have a few players surplus to requirements or who want to leave and positions theyre weak in as well. Theres opportunities there.