If Lukaku and Sanchez bang in goals for Inter.....

Offsideagain

Just playing with the thought of these 2 setting up a sucessful partnership at Inter under Conte banging in goals and Inter winning Serie A. What would your thoughts be?[/QUOTE

My thoughts would be Inter have a better team than us and that Fatboy and his boyfriend are happy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wouldn't think much, players have different performances in different environments. Being the right match is extremely important and you can't really force it.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Woo hoo, yet another thread about Lukaku and Sanchez, weee, I'm so happy.
Let's have few more, shall we, and few about Ole being shite too, if you don't mind.

Lee565

Conte is an actual top quality manager who isnt past his sell by date that will probably use them in the right way so it wouldnt be a surprise if they do well compared to Mourinho having Sanchez play more like a left back than a forward for the first 6 months before he got plagued with injuries or how he kept trying to use lukaku like a target man which he isn't and as for how Solskjear used them, well he's just not a top quality manager.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I hope they do, it be nice to see someone else other than Juventus winning it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Doesn't matter. They didn't do the business here.

But it has to be said that they're playing under a top top manager now, and other than the weakness of the league, that plays a part as well.

Eoin McMahon

As much as letting them go has left us short on established forwards in the squad I think we had to take the chance to move both of them on as especially with Sanchez, the chance of getting an offer next season if an injury or a lack of form happened we would continue paying huge wages and be stuck with players who just dont fit the team we are trying to build.
With Lukaku I felt if he didn't mind being second choice for next season then we should have kept him. A proven PL goalscorer that offers a different option to our other strikers would have been ideal for us and I felt that we needed to replace him if he did leave but there was definitely no player that would have been a better option for us as a 2nd choice ST.
Sure enough he made it clear he couldn't accept being 2nd choice so if the right fee came him then selling him was the right decision which was the case.

Sanchez was a strange one as I think everyone was sure he would stay and even Ole had said he expected him to be staying and was in his plans for the season. His wages were always going to be a sticking point for any possible exit but he was a player that was among a number of squad players that if the right offer came in, were happily moved on. The Sanchez deal happened very late in the transfer window and left us with the choice to keep him and possibly not get an offer again if he flopped and with another 3 years left on his Utd contract he was not looking to go anywhere for less or get rid now at the cost of a forward line looking even lighter and relying on a 17 as our 3rd striker.

Overall I feel we made the right decision in selling both players when we could and although we didn't get in a replacement I think the club is moving away from bringing in short term fixes and we could have easily done that with signing the likes of Mandzukic or Llorente.
This transfer window was more about whos out than in and I feel we have made great progress in clearing out alot of the deadwood that has bloated and unbalanced the squad for way too long. Sure we will have a tough season and the lack of squad depth may come back to really haunt us but we need to build a squad of quality not quantity and that will take time and patience.
Let's just wait and see.

Eoin McMahon

We did that already.
We'd probably get Keane as interim manager and go on a 10 game winning streak that gets him the permanent job.
Of course we struggle for the rest of the season with Keane taking Pogba out in a training session and calling him a snowflake which Pogba puts on his instagram story to promote his new clothing line. We end up 6th this season and sign Lukaku and Sanchez back from Inter in a 200 million deal, Sanchez and Lukaku play a duet on the piano that makes us believe that we are back.
We hammer Chelsea 4-0 on the season opener in which Keane get in a altercation with Lampard in the tunnel before kickoff and after which Lampard refuses to stand on the touchline in fear. We take just 2 points from our next 3 games leaving us in a state on deja vu. This will probably all happen though just saying.

norm87cro

Lukaku did bang goals for us. Not like RVN but the Sanchez comparison (who was a total flop and had the highest wages) is unfair and really suggests that the CAF has reached Rawk levels. Now I understand that his player profile didn't suit Ole (and that his first touch wasn't great) but I fully expect Lukaku to bang in around 20 goals in the Serie A.

Eoin McMahon

Lukaku did bang goals for us. Not like RVN but the Sanchez comparison (who was a total flop and had the highest wages) is unfair and really suggests that the CAF has reached Rawk levels. Now I understand that his player profile didn't suit Ole (and that his first touch wasn't great) but I fully expect Lukaku to bang in around 20 goals in the Serie A.
He had a great first season and I fully expected him to continue developing with us and getting even better as our number 9 for years to come. But coming back last season with the weight he had put on and fitness issues changed all that, so either it was his idea or Mourinho's plan for him to bulk up and become a pure target man, changed him from a player who could run in behind to one who could barely run. Whoever s to blame for his weight gain and fitness issues he's still quality but just not the type of player a fast paced counter team needs.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Andriy Shevchenko was touching GOAT status whilst at Milan, didn't deliver in the PL.

Kaka is the last Balon Dor winner not named Lionel or Cristiano, but was shit in La Liga.

It happens...

AgentP

They most likely would Lukaku more than Sanchez imo.

But we have seen this to be the case for a good 6 years now.

Top player signs for United and loses all abilities
Player leaves United and discovers bundles of abilities.

Unfortunately, we are a toxic club at the moment. Apart from DDG 2 years ago, No United player has performed at even 70% of their ability for more than 4/5 games.
So true. This part is what really annoys me. Why can't any of our players have a solid consistent season like players at most other clubs do. Every single player plays well in patches and then goes back to being shite.

AgentP

I for one hope Sanchez does well so that Inter or some other club will take him off our hands.

Lentwood

Lukaku will always score goals wherever he goes, no doubt about that

Doesn’t necessarily mean he was the right player to take us forward

In an ideal world (i.e. one where you are financially doped by a state) you keep Lukaku until you’ve signed an even better striker - but that just doesn’t work for us on a budget. Inter were willing to pay £75m this summer and so we had to take it

RooneyLegend

Conte is an actual top quality manager who isnt past his sell by date that will probably use them in the right way so it wouldnt be a surprise if they do well compared to Mourinho having Sanchez play more like a left back than a forward for the first 6 months before he got plagued with injuries or how he kept trying to use lukaku like a target man which he isn't and as for how Solskjear used them, well he's just not a top quality manager.
It really is this simple. They both fit Conte's favourite system and are going to be important to their team. Mind you under Conte's management its impossible to be unfit, he works players to the bone and both these players had that issue here.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I guess some are the type to quit their job (because it's not a good fit) without finding a new one and consequently end up going without income. Anyway I look at this, its a fcuk up...

They (moreso Lukaku) should never have been moved on without capable replacement... Whoever is responsible for that? Sorry, you done fecked up.

Anyway, personally I'd like to forget about it.

Needham

Couldn't care less. They were walking abortions for us at times last season, and despite what Sanchez says they were given plenty of chances here. Sanchez was a counterproductive influence in the dressing room, and Lukaku was ridiculously unprofessional in his final months. Both needed to be jettisoned.
Wouldn't that imply they'd made it against all the odds.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Doesn't matter. They didn't do the business here.

But it has to be said that they're playing under a top top manager now, and other than the weakness of the league, that plays a part as well.
Yep, maybe also a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 system that might suit them both. It’s all in the past anyway. I’d actually prefer Sánchez to have a decent to good season, so that we can sell him at the end of the loan.

davidmichael

Neither player fits in how we want and should play and neither excelled when we tried playing to their strengths either so I couldn’t give a feck if both banged in 40 goals each for Inter as I still wouldn’t want them back playing for us just to see them struggle in our systems and be a hindrance instead of a help.

Fact is that Serie A isn’t what it was in the 90’s and early to mid 00’s which is why a lot of Premier League cast offs go over there and play well, Inter are probably now the best of the rest after Juve so I’d expect Lukaku to get at least 25 goals over the whole season and I’d expect Sanchez to have a decent season too but that doesn’t for a second mean they should come back or getting rid being a bad thing on the back of it.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It would mean they weren't the cause of our dour football (just like Fellaini wasn't). The problems run deeper straight to the training ground. It would also mean Lukaku is a decent/good striker and Sanchez can play a bit in a slower league.

Ziggy Starduster

Lukaku will bang loads of goals in if he settles well and stays fit. The way Inter set up plays to his strengths, so I don't see why he won't score a lot. Probably but up there come the end of the season.
As for Alexis, then I hope he regains his form and pushes a club to take him off our hands. Clearly, it's not going to work in a United shirt but lets not kid ourselves if we think we don't need him off our books. We can't replace him properly until his wages are cut from us. He will be our problem again next summer if he doesn't perform well.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
In the league alone???

Rubbish.
How is it rubbish? His pace and power will serve him exactly the same way it did at Everton, they will build the team round him to feed him, there are a lot of shit kickers in the Italian league. He is 2 from 2 already, is don’t see how this is rubbish and I’d say most people will agree with me. I meant 25 overall, I’d say 20 will be league goals.

DevilRed

What does it matter? They are playing in a slower and much more inferior league.

I expect rom to bang in his usual 20+ goals but would you really feel inter could win any trophies with him up top? I seriously doubt it.

spiriticon

Lukaku will probably score 5 against Chievo or somebody and then go into hiding vs Juve.

Sanchez...meh..

Either way, Juve will probably win the league.