If Lukaku and Sanchez bang in goals for Inter.....

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's a question of coaching and tactics. Certain players have certain attributes. That's how they are. Lukaku is not a Drogba. If Jose had tried to use Lukaku to his strengths then he would be scoring.
The same with Sanchez.
I have a feeling a couple of years down the line the will haunt us.
Sanchez has been poor at two different clubs now for over 2 years. I think we should have kept him but he's unlikely to get back to anything like what he was no matter how he's used.

Lukaku clearly has an attitude problem. He'll score goals at Inter but scoring goals was never his problem at United. He doesn't seem to want to listen to any criticism and elements of his game are so shocking he really probably should. Particularly when those elements include things like basic fitness level.

mancave bear

... then it would say a lot about the italian league ; )

Last edited:

Eoin McMahon

Lukaku has stated he bulked up on purpose for the World Cup. This was fine for the slower paced International game but an absolute disaster in the Premier League.

In relation to Serie A I think he'll bang in goals there as the league is slower and weaker but it means nothing to me. He behaved terribly to engineer his move and didn't seem interested in slimming down (cos he was still massive when he came back for pre-season this year) and didn't suit Ole's style of play.

Its a shame what's happened to Sanchez's form and I think he'll be lucky to get into double figures, even in Italy, but good luck to him.
Yes I was unsure on the reasoning behind the sudden bulking that Lukaku went through that summer but I've been informed by a few on the forum that it was his decision and was for the World Cup that summer. It still seems strange that he was allowed to make such drastic changes to his physique by the club that which surely the club would have known would affect his club performances.