If Lukaku and Sanchez bang in goals for Inter.....

simplyared

Just playing with the thought of these 2 setting up a sucessful partnership at Inter under Conte banging in goals and Inter winning Serie A. What would your thoughts be?

wolvored

Wouldn't mean a thing. They didnt do it here together and there is a lot of worse teams over there than there is here. Its history now

El Zoido

I wouldn’t be surprised. It doesn’t matter because they didn’t do it here. Lukaku looked out of place and Sanchez was absolutely shite from the moment he joined.

R'hllor

Wouldnt change a thing, different league, we all saw them while they were playing for us, did people forget that they were part of the squad that finished 6th last season?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Doesn't matter. They didn't do it when playing for ManUtd. Only feeling I will have is, we will get good money for Sanchez.

romufc

They most likely would Lukaku more than Sanchez imo.

But we have seen this to be the case for a good 6 years now.

Top player signs for United and loses all abilities
Player leaves United and discovers bundles of abilities.

Unfortunately, we are a toxic club at the moment. Apart from DDG 2 years ago, No United player has performed at even 70% of their ability for more than 4/5 games.

rotherham_red

Just playing with the thought of these 2 setting up a sucessful partnership at Inter under Conte banging in goals and Inter winning Serie A. What would your thoughts be?
Couldn't care less. They were walking abortions for us at times last season, and despite what Sanchez says they were given plenty of chances here. Sanchez was a counterproductive influence in the dressing room, and Lukaku was ridiculously unprofessional in his final months. Both needed to be jettisoned.

prateik

Good for them. Hopefully they buy Sanchez at the end of his loan.
They werent good enough here. We move on.. eventually, when we sign replacements... But they wont be missed.

We have had dross hang around way too long.. I'd rather shift them and wait to sign for replacements than keeping them around looking for replacements for 5 years.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Could always recall Sanchez from Inter and offer him an improved contract if he does the business.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Good for them, I guess (if it happens).

They were misfits at United, though, for a number of reasons.

Varun

Staff
Lukaku will certainly score goals. He didn't fit the way we wanted to play though and you can't leave that much money on the bench. Good decision to get rid, terrible one to not replace him.

Sanchez is meh. Couldn't give a feck.

Gator Nate

That's a huge "if." And as has been stated above and elsewhere, they didn't do it here. That's all that really matters.

Sterling Archer

That they weren't a good fit for United and Ole, otherwise theyd be bangin them in at Old Trafford. Really nothing else to it. Neither of them is irreplaceable. Our issue is that we didn't even bother trying to.

Allas8

If we sent Rashford and Martial to Inter, im sure they would bang in even more goals then them there

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
They both did nothing of note at Utd and better to be scoring elsewhere rather than stinking out the dressing room at Utd.

Always liked Sanchez but jeez how he deteriorated is unreal. Would love to see him at his best once again.

Ekeke

Great for them and hopefully we can move Sanchez on.

If Lukaku was the one on loan then maybe being the best striker in Serie A this season would mean he must have a place in our squad next season. But he's not, he was bought so thats the end of it.

Sanchez can be the best player in Serie A this season and we'd still need to get rid of him with his wages and age.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

That Conte is at the moment a far better manager and motivator than Mourinho? After all, he will have succeeded where Mourinho failed miserably: Take the best out of Lukaku as the main man upfront and focal point in the opposition box and rejuvenate Sanchez as an attacking/creative threat in the periphery of the box.

Perhaps, in hindsight, that Solskjaer's decision to dump the only experienced player in his squad who can set up plays in between the lines without a second thought and trust Rashford on the left in the same role was a bad judgement call. Assuming that Rashford fails to deliver, that is. You can't blame him for Lukaku, he just wasn't his type of forward.

Seriously though, it won't happen.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Rom will score goals regardless. His link up play is meh, but he is a goalscorer - that was never in doubt. Alexis can still finish to a degree (for country anyway), just his days are numbered out wide.

We are just fools for not replacing them with squad additions.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It'll basically be explained away with illogical garbage, as many in this thread are already laughably doing...

Rom is a better CF than any current Utd player, and will also be out to prove a point. So that'll be fun.

Sanchez is more of a mystery to me at least - but if Sanchez does well there it doesn't reflect well on the coaching at Utd, because he clearly wanted to stay and felt he had more to offer if played into rhythm.

simplyared

Fact is they will both be playing CL football also and if they get a good run, playing quality opposition. If they play major roles in winning Serie A and say semi final CL. I for one will be questioning both our last 2 managers + coaching staff.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That they found their level. Couldn’t cut it in a top league.

Wish Alexis all the best.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would mean that they're more suited to Inter and serie A than they are to United and the premier league. Wouldnt surprise me if Sanchez improved, he couldn't cut it in the prem anymore. Lukaku isn't suited for a big team, that's why he went to Inter.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fact is they will both be playing CL football also and if they get a good run, playing quality opposition. If they play major roles in winning Serie A and say semi final CL. I for one will be questioning both our last 2 managers + coaching staff.
You think Inter will get CL semi finals and wins the Serie A?:lol:
Well by the same logic I for one will think Ole is the greatest manager in the world if we win the premier league, league cup, FA cup and Europa league this year and that we have world class players throughout.
Not going to happen, but neither is your scenario that you are preparing to get upset about?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It shouldn't have much bearing on what happens this season. The problem wasn't that the management didn't try to fit them in, it was not buying a replacement who would.

It'll basically be explained away with illogical garbage, as many in this thread are already laughably doing...

Rom is a better CF than any current Utd player, and will also be out to prove a point. So that'll be fun.

Sanchez is more of a mystery to me at least - but if Sanchez does well there it doesn't reflect well on the coaching at Utd, because he clearly wanted to stay and felt he had more to offer if played into rhythm.
I can assure you if either/both of them do well at Inter, it'll be used as a stick to beat Ole/board with.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It shouldn't have much bearing on what happens this season. The problem wasn't that the management didn't try to fit them in, it was not buying a replacement who would.
If they both do notably well, the point will be - rightly - that the coaches couldn't set up tactically to get that out of them.

Anyone could 'try and fit them in', that's not what you pay Ole more than Klopp for.

A good coach gets the best out of good players and makes lesser players better.

Cloud7

Means feck all. Different league, different team. All that matters is that they couldn't do it here.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Because Rashford and Martial are even better football players then Lukaku and Sanchez.
Lukaku will score you goals, but I'm not so sure they'd score more for Inter than United.

90 + 5min

Good for them. I'll be happy. Sometimes player and the club just don't click. Maybe they just needed change of country, culture and so on. Why would I have anything against Lukaku/Sanchez.

UpWithRivers

Lukaku will 100 percent score a lot of goals. 15-25 guaranteed. I'd put my house on him scoring more than Rashford but it's a different league.
Sanchez will bag 10-15 if he stays fit. We need Sanchez to play well or he will just come back here.
It will be seen as a good move if Martual and Rashford bag goals and Greenwood as well. If they don't then it's another fk up. But more because we never replaced them

They probably will, especially Lukaku. He's always been able to bully the lower level teams, and bar Juve they're all lower level teams in Serie A.

Neither of them are good enough to play at the top of the PL.

stepic

Hope Sanchez bangs in as many goals as possible so we can sell him after the loan ends

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I would stop supporting United and pretend I always supported Inter.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hope they fire Inter to the title, why not?

Either way, they weren’t doing it at United.