Does the banner go

• No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Nope

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

NWR

Smile you miserable old git
If this has already been covered please feel free to delete.
I don’t think he had done enough damage to his legendary status to warrant removing the banner.
It is iconic as is he so it should stay.
If he stays till the end of the season though that might change.

Marcelinho87

No the banner signifies his playing career and his management stint doesn't change what he did as a player.

Anyhow I hope he resigns I would hate to see him sacked.

Skills

Snitch
Why would you remove a banner that was there before he even became manager?

Zed 101

I hope he stays gets some decent support in January and makes an improvement through to the end of the season, we cannot keep sacking/losing managers, who would come in right now??? the problem is the lack of any real quality in the squad, defence aside we are lacking in every area of the pitch, maybe Pep could get a tune out of that horrorshow but not sure many other managers would see any better performances than Ole is. The set up and idea is good, the play is often too sideways and slow but most of the time it seems that is the fault of a few players not willing to really drive forward, and/or the forward players being in no position to receive the ball.

Bojan11

I hope he stays gets some decent support in January and makes an improvement through to the end of the season, we cannot keep sacking/losing managers, who would come in right now??? the problem is the lack of any real quality in the squad, defence aside we are lacking in every area of the pitch, maybe Pep could get a tune out of that horrorshow but not sure many other managers would see any better performances than Ole is. The set up and idea is good, the play is often too sideways and slow but most of the time it seems that is the fault of a few players not willing to really drive forward, and/or the forward players being in no position to receive the ball.
The set up and ideas are good. You mean the set up where we put Pogba who scored like double figures last season as a deep lying midfielder so that we can play Lingard who doesn’t score or assist. He doesn’t do anything.

RedEric7

Supports
United
A lot of people emphasising that we should separate the player from the manager regarding his playing career however the former is the main reason he was appointed interim manager and also the reason everyone is so lenient for this crap run. I agree that the banner should remain regardless of what happens but the 2 go hand in hand

Raw

No it should stay of course. It would be a dagger to his heart if we took it down. We shouldn't hate the man for being so completely out of his depth, not many people in world football can successfully manage this shambolic club.

ManuMou

Close this thread please. He is forever a legend regardless of his managerial career.

Denis79

He's never spoken a bad word about the club, he loves the club and is giving it his all, I am 100% certain our current form is hurting him as much as us fans. He might not be good enough as a manager but that won't tarnish his status as a player. When/if he leaves I wouldn't mind a second banner going up showing him some more love.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can we also give back the CL we won in 1999?

NWR

:rolleyes: Seriously? Why would it? The guys a legend and always will be.
I agree.
This is a forum where we discuss issues Manchester United. It’s a topic and I wanted to gauge the general consensus on here.
I love the guy and would be gutted if that banner went down for any reason, but at the same time I never wanted him to get this job on a permanent basis as I do not believe he is good enough.
Ole Ole Ole!!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Cant we just separate between Ole the player and Ole the manager?
If We do it, There would be much more uproar. You only have to imagine if it's an ex Cardiff manager who never had connection to the club that is the current manager. It's even worse.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Scouser wumming. No the banner stays. Nothing against OGS but he’s a shite manager and this experiment needs to end.

Enigma_87

You know who
Part of the issue we're having now is exactly this.

Ole the player is not the same as Ole the manager. People need to realize this and build their impressions accordingly.

NWR

Part of the issue we're having now is exactly this.

Ole the player is not the same as Ole the manager. People need to realize this and build their impressions accordingly.
But as somebody said it’s hard to sing Ole Ole Ole while thinking Ole out.

United Hobbit

No, I think unfortunately his time here as a manager needs to come to an end as he is unfortunately out of his depth however "and Solskjaer has won it" still gives me goosebumps and that contribution alone should get him a banner, never mind all the other times he contributed for us as a player

I think because he is such a club legend I'm actually, despite feeling it is time for him to be sacked, feeling a lot more sorry for him than I did Moyes, who I felt anger towards. Coupled with the fact he has somewhat been thrown under the bus as well. I was glad when he got the job however even then I'd half been hoping he wouldn't in case something like this ended up happening.

fergiesarmy1

The set up and ideas are good. You mean the set up where we put Pogba who scored like double figures last season as a deep lying midfielder so that we can play Lingard who doesn’t score or assist. He doesn’t do anything.
Doesn’t matter what position you are playing when 8 of those come from the penalty spot, De Gea could have took em all.

izec

Nah, banner is for the player.

That he is out of his depth as a manager is not directly his fault, it happens. Ed and the board were idiots to give him the permanent contract.