If Ole is unsuccessful as United manager - Will it impact his reputation for you?

Will Singh

Put it this was Giggs has done some dodgy stuff past and present but it never affected how i supported him as a player, same as with Ole his past will never be affected and its written in history no matter what happens, I can see for the younger fans who didn't experience him as a player might feel differently

Hackman2210

For me - he's always be a great player nothing can take that away. He's come in and helped UTD to settle down but I dont think he's a long term solution. This may be a media led narrative but I dont think he's tactically strong enough to manage UTD. Plus he's had Pogba to deal with - which is a full time job in itself. I dont see Ole being at the helm next season. But then do we have a total direction change again with a new manager? Greenwood, Rashford will still play. Tuanzebe looks a great prospect whos gone from keeping Naymar and Mbappe quiet to getting splinters on the bench. McT - I'm not sold on him tbh. He needs some very good players around him in order to win trophies. I suppose my point is Ole being here gives us a link to SAF but if someone else comes in and we start winning again and picking up trophies - just how important is that link? We are a fickle - just give us trophies and we'll be happy)ish).

Murray3007

for me he should have stepped down at the end of last season, the longer he stays in the job it will have an impact on his legacy, cant see him being able to take us to where we want to be,

GazTheLegend

No. And anyway, it's not like he hasn't given absolutely EVERYTHING to his attempt to fix the problems at Manchester United. He's put the club ahead of himself at times, and to be honest the removal of so, so many awful footballers alone is enough to make his stint as boss a success, at least for me.

Maybe he can't take us any further, but I'll always appreciate the job he did for us if he does eventually have to be replaced.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
....he came in with the best intentions to try and solve what was a huge cultural issue at the club and try his damndest to get us back to being the Manchester United he knew and we all love.
He has never put himself before the club like Mourinho, and if he were to leave now the squad and the culture would be in a miles better position than it was when he took over.
I would have loved nothing more than to see Solskjaer be a resounding success, but you just get the feeling that the 'project' has now run out of gas.
Ole has done an amazing job at clearing up 7 years worth of shit mistakes and piss poor decisions by this club, but there is still so much wrong that needs to be fixed.
Unfortunately I think the clock is fast ticking down, and if we get spanked by Everton, I think the axe will fall.

Personally, I have very little confidence that a new manager will significantly improve things, if at all, and all of the names being touted are 50/50 gambles at best, in my book.
Here we go round the mulberry bush again..

Intheflatfield

Supports
The mighty Red Devils
To answer the question, no. Fantastic as a player just not cut out for the manager's job imo. Would love him to succeed but just cannot see it happening.

united for life

He’ll always be the baby face assassin. Nothing will change in terms of his status as a united legend.

Note: he will be a successful manager at united :devil:

United Hobbit

No, "And Soskjear has won it" will forever give me goosebumps for one of my favourite moments as a Manchester United supporter.

If he goes before it gets really rough ill even be able to look back at his time as United Manager as starting the green shoots of recovery and working on the culture, however I do hope the board et al realise the right moment to act, I do believe he is out of his depth, im not sure who i would get but want someone young, dynamic, tactically great and exciting. I do agree the whole structure above the manager needs sorting but we all know that.
He's got us some great CL results however being objective the way the 2 teams so far have set up have played into his hands. I'd have liked him to leave with a trophy and dream would be a major one unfortunately I don't think he's capable of that and am in the Ole out camp. Thank him for his time here but time to move on.

It would be very interesting to see fans reaction in OT this season, I don't think they would be as toxic as people think because of who the manager is. Imagine if it was Moyes team serving up these "performances"

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
No, as a player, he was happy to be part of the team, always gave his all and was a part of the most special moment I have as a supporter.

arthurka

No. Don't hate Ole as a manager and like others he failed that seems to be the norm now. But Ole will always be connected too as a player first and foremost.

Godfather

No. Well at least if we don't hang on to him for much longer. This is unbearable.

GMoore23

No. He scored the goal that won us the Champions League and sealed the Treble.
End of Thread

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The only chance of that happening is if he goes incredibly toxic, turns on the club and the players... which isn't going to happen, it's Ole! So a certain no for me.

Lanesy

Definitely not, the man scored the winning goal in the Champions League final. Probably my second favourite striker behind Ruud too, his finishing was different class. Legend.

I still believe he will be successful as a manager too, it'll just take time. Maybe more time than we are willing to give him though, unfortunately.

Schmeichel=God

Absolutely separable.

Just very sad the current state. His teams look utterly clueless.

Not that such is any different for all the managers since Ferguson

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
No. Don't hate Ole as a manager and like others he failed that seems to be the norm now. But Ole will always be connected too as a player first and foremost.
With ole though you don't get the toxic failure feeling of leaving on bad terms. Its more like when you're married but you meet her sister and get to know her, you soon realise you would have been happier with her sister but you're a victim of time and circumstances. You can't be with the sister but you are in a functioning marriage and you hold on to keep things stable for the children.

Man utd is the wife and ole is the sister that seems so perfect from a distance (as a player) and there's that sadness that you have to let her go.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No. He was never going to be anything more than someone who at best sets us on the right path, which he has done. He has to go but it doesn't mean he's failed. We have to replace him asap though, otherwise the longer he stays as manager the more of a failure it'll be.

eire-red

Still a legend as a player, just highlights how tricky things can get hiring former players.

At this level, there's no room for sentimentality. I feel like his association is the only thing buying him time, whereas at any other top club in Eurpoe he would have been sacked.

Prime example are Bayern last season. We need to learn how to be ruthless.

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
I will hate ole for as long as he coaches this club. When hes gone ill love him again.

spiriticon

I doubt he was ever going to be super successful but I would like to see him win a trophy before he goes.

MrBrightside1989

I admire Ole the player. And I think Ole the person is a very good guy and I truly hope he goes on to succeed at Manchester United or elsewhere. He turned the fortunes around for a while and really built up some belief.
I do think Ole the coach/manager is a bit underwhelming and is not the kind of leader needed, maybe just a bit too much for him. Perhaps if he had a team of more experienced coaches with him it may help?

arthurka

With ole though you don't get the toxic failure feeling of leaving on bad terms. Its more like when you're married but you meet her sister and get to know her, you soon realise you would have been happier with her sister but you're a victim of time and circumstances. You can't be with the sister but you are in a functioning marriage and you hold on to keep things stable for the children.

Man utd is the wife and ole is the sister that seems so perfect from a distance (as a player) and there's that sadness that you have to let her go.
I think most would have wanted the thing with the sister to work but sadly sometimes you got to let them go. If you love somebody set them free and all that..

pacifictheme

Of course. I will still love what he did as a player but he's one man and everything he has done for the club is naturally taken into consideration in my head when I think of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If anything I like him more now - I respect him a lot for giving it his best and trying to help the club when we needed him.

For the most part he's done a good job, but it's clear he cannot take us much further and I dont blame him for that.

MoskvaRed

No, the status of Ole the player does not change because of this troubled and ill-judged managerial appointment. As Ole seems to be a nice guy, I hope the club put him out of his misery sooner rather than later and bring in someone qualified to manage at this level.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Not really

I always thought that Sir Alex produced great players who are shit managers. Actually Ole had exceeded my expectations.

Chairman Steve

They’re separate. Still like him as a player. Think he’s very limited as a manager and as I‘ve said in another thread, I don’t think he has the true desire to be a top class manager. I think he just likes having the status of being the manager of United or Molde because they’re the two clubs he’s attached too.

I think he dipped his toe into being a worthy manager with Cardiff and then went back to what he knew.

Moonwalker

Yes, if he doesn't make it he's dead to me. His body parts are already gradually starting to vanish, like the parents of Marty McFly.

croadyman

If anything I like him more now - I respect him a lot for giving it his best and trying to help the club when we needed him.

For the most part he's done a good job, but it's clear he cannot take us much further and I dont blame him for that.
Yeah I admire him for giving it a go but still stand by the stance he shouldn't have be appointed on a permanent basis, he was the right person to put smiles back on faces and steady the ship after Jose but should have stopped at that

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah I admire him for giving it a go but still stand by the stance he shouldn't have be appointed on a permanent basis, he was the right person to put smiles back on faces and steady the ship after Jose but should have stopped at that
Yep, we had such a good run I don't blame them for falling into the trap of thinking they might have found gold.

Club hero, loved by the players and was on a great winning run - on the cheap! It's not a surprise but the magic soon ran out unfortunately.