If Pep took over us instead of City would we have won the PL ?

432JuanMata

Since he took over City they have spent 850m which is a insane amount but in that time we spend 700m and most here will agree we spent it awfully and gave it too the wrong managers etc. But if Pep came here instead and he spent 700m do you think we win the league ? Yes city had a better base when we started which helps aswell but I feel it is 100% a yes that he would of won the league with us.

This isn’t anything on Ole before anyone tries to say it is I actually feel LVG and Jose where the wrong people.

The reason I made the thread is in the Pep thread a lot are saying he should be winning the league etc with the money spent(which is true) but I feel he is that good of a manager.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
More pressure and an incompetent environment, hard to say. Those 700m were spent here and there, whereas Pep went on a spending spree in a couple of years, if I remember correctly. Also inherited some world class players.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes, of course. But we would have to give in to all his demands

croadyman

Since he took over City they have spent 850m which is a insane amount but in that time we spend 700m and most here will agree we spent it awfully and gave it too the wrong managers etc. But if Pep came here instead and he spent 700m do you think we win the league ? Yes city had a better base when we started which helps aswell but I feel it is 100% a yes that he would of won the league with us.

This isn’t anything on Ole before anyone tries to say it is I actually feel LVG and Jose where the wrong people.

The reason I made the thread is in the Pep thread a lot are saying he should be winning the league etc with the money spent(which is true) but I feel he is that good of a manager.
Yeah pretty certain that he would have and makes you think what might have been if only Pep had been able to understand scottish people better at a certain New York meeting in 2012, some have said he had already agreed to join Bayern but who knows what is the truth of this story

el3mel

Yes. He would have made us a force to be reckoned with after 2 years or so.

432JuanMata

More pressure and an incompetent environment, hard to say. Those 700m were spent here and there, whereas Pep went on a spending spree in a couple of years, if I remember correctly. Also inherited some world class players.
That’s why I said city had a better base it’s no doubt he had a head start than if he was here o just feel he would of bought the players for his style and we would at least have 1 PL

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No I don’t think so. Klopp on the other hand? Absolutely no doubt we would have another title. We should have got him before Liverpool and boy have we lived to regret it.

Teja

Definitely, I think it also helps that you know he's not an incompetent manager. With demands from others like Ole / Moyes / Mourinho / LvG, there's always a question mark around their future and what would happen to players they brought in when they leave.

If Guardiola was managing us and we were sitting 7th at the end of his first year, I'd still back him to turn us around.

Yeah pretty certain that he would have and makes you think what might have been if only Pep had been able to understand scottish people better at a certain New York meeting in 2012, some have said he had already agreed to join Bayern but who knows what is the truth of this story
:(

Idxomer

We did that with Mourinho in the 1st two years and what we got at the end was some speech about football heritage.

432JuanMata

Definitely, I think it also helps that you know he's not an incompetent manager. With demands from others like Ole / Moyes / Mourinho / LvG, there's always a question mark around their future and what would happen to players they brought in when they leave.

If Guardiola was managing us and we were sitting 7th at the end of his first year, I'd still back him to turn us around.

:(
That is where I am at the moment. I feel if Ole gets 2nd even if City win it by 30 then we should be backed with a RW,CB and ST to go and prove if he can challenge and then see if we can(I’m still not sure) but if it was Pep that finished 30 points of the league I wouldn’t be worried as I know he will eventually get it right

Eternitiy

Absolutely. He is incredible, truly amazing manager. Honestly, it breaks my heart he was not Ferguson's successor even though everything was set up so nicely for it to happen. It feels like the girl you flirt with for so long only for you to take too long to ask her out and miss your opportunity forever.

The Neville wears Prada

Without any doubt he would have yes. Plus we would have got to the point we are now within 2-3 years, rather than 6-7. Even if he wouldn't have won the league with us, we would certainly have been in the top 2-3 every single year and competing. Pep is a master and has many similarities to Fergie overall.

I know it is a different thread, but I think Brendan Rodgers would have us competing for the league too. By the way, I do like what Ole is doing!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That’s why I said city had a better base it’s no doubt he had a head start than if he was here o just feel he would of bought the players for his style and we would at least have 1 PL
It's easy to underestimate how well City prepared for him and then supported him. At United you have more pressure and less support, so it's not a foregone conclusion. I lean to thinking he'd have won no league titles here. If he were given all that money we've spent over the last few seasons to spend in one go and carry out major surgery on the squad, then sure. But that's not how the money has been spent.

laughtersassassin

Straight after Fergie or even Noyes for sure.

After LVG It's hard to ssay Probably cause he wouldn't of had to beat himself like Jose had to.

But it really depends if that 700million was spent in targets he wanted.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ammmm... I think he maybe would yeah if our owners didn’t drive him crazy enough to quit before now but if you mean since Ole started then I absolutely don’t think he would with the players here. The squad is still too lacking in key components. Bruno is masking over a lot, it’s just testament to the force of nature he is. Involved in over 50 goals in a year. 50! He’s a machine and leadership by example like that is priceless.

Red_toad

Plus we’d need some dodgy funds that aren’t declared anywhere to dope the club with. Glazers couldn’t afford to have him as manager, he’s not a value in the market kinda manager.

Ludens the Red

Without question. Probably not as comprehensively as he’s won a few titles at city as we’re not as loose with the pockets.
We’d also be playing a far better brand of football.

kidbob

As much as I hate to say it Klopp, not Pep, was the manager for us. Imagine what he could do with the budget we have.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
No.

He would have taken us to the level just below required, spending a fortune, and the club would stop backing him at the key moment in transition.

I'd back the likes of klopp, Ferguson, even Rodgers to take teams like spurs and Everton to the next level, real contenders. Not sure Pep could do that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah of course we would. We've spent a shit ton, give our managers time and give them backing, and he's a brilliant manager.

As said before, Klopp would be more suited to us generally though. Is what it is.

RedDevilzFox

I have no doubt he would have won the PL at United by now. I think we would have backed him with more money too given his stature in the game (COVID notwithstanding). Look at the budget we blew on LVG and JoMo.

Bertie Wooster

No I don’t think so. Klopp on the other hand? Absolutely no doubt we would have another title. We should have got him before Liverpool and boy have we lived to regret it.
I think we would definitely have won titles under Guardiola. That's what he does at clubs our size - with the players and finances to play his way.

I'm not so sure how it would have gone under Klopp. He'd never managed a team with such huge expectations and media scrutiny (we're the Bayern of Germany, not the Dortmund). And he was allowed 2 or 3 seasons of no trophies but solid progression at Liverpool with nothing but compliments - no way would he have got that time and support from the media here. He'd have been 'on the verge of the sack' endless times, just like Ole.

If he'd been given the time and patience by the media to build things here, as he was at Liverpool, I'm sure he'd have been successful. But I'm not convinced his slow but steady progress would have received the same long sighted, common sense interpretation by the media had he been doing it here.

432JuanMata

No.

He would have taken us to the level just below required, spending a fortune, and the club would stop backing him at the key moment in transition.

I'd back the likes of klopp, Ferguson, even Rodgers to take teams like spurs and Everton to the next level, real contenders. Not sure Pep could do that.
We didn’t need a manager that turns the likes of Spurs etc to a higher level. We are Man Utd we should be up there every year and have incredible resources we needed a manager that is capable of managing a club of our size and winning things. Some are saying Klopp here but I feel pep was the man

croadyman

We didn’t need a manager that turns the likes of Spurs etc to a higher level. We are Man Utd we should be up there every year and have incredible resources we needed a manager that is capable of managing a club of our size and winning things. Some are saying Klopp here but I feel pep was the man
Yeah guts me we let City get all of his backroom staff in place whilst we lurched from one style to another

Spaghetti

Mom's
There’s no evidence that Pep could drag a team up. And dragging is exactly what we’ve needed since SAF. I’m going to go with “no”. There are deeper issues than the manager here.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Think you've missed the point. Those managers can build a team without extensive resources, I don't think pep can. He atleast has never demonstrated it.

432JuanMata

Yeah guts me we let City get all of his backroom staff in place whilst we lurched from one style to another
Bingo that is it. We just brought in any manager available every time instead of planning for a manager or having a set manager with a set style

cyberman

Havent got the money. Thwy have a 41m defender signed in the summer that nobody talks about ffs