If the super league happens, will you still support Man United? Now with added poll

If the super league happens, will you still support Man United?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Danish Wizard

The passion for United would be gone for me.. Still look out for the results, that would be it I guess.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I’m done if this goes through. It will just show that the club is now just a vehicle for making money to better the owners and little else.
All clubs are a business to make money, United are not the only ones and things will change over time as everything has evolved over time. If it means playing more games against top opposition then what's not to like, especially as the intention is to continue in the PL FA Cup etc , considering that a load of our fans moan about playing in the League Cup and Europa League as being not serious competitions.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
All clubs are a business to make money, United are not the only ones and things will change over time as everything has evolved over time. If it means playing more games against top opposition then what's not to like, especially as the intention is to continue in the PL FA Cup etc , considering that a load of our fans moan about playing in the League Cup and Europa League as being not serious competitions.
Wake up man, you were right on brexit. This is the same thing

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
What a terrible opinion, depressing.

Paul the Wolf

Wake up man, you were right on brexit. This is the same thing
I'd wait until more details are clearer but if all the top European clubs were involved and we weren't, what does that make us. So far it seems there will be a core of 15 clubs + 5 clubs that can be promoted to it.
But whatever happens I'll still support United.

Brexit was a certain disaster from day one, let's see what happens here. I still remember the uproar when the idea of a Premier League was suggested.

Red Royal

Very confusing, would be hard to walk away after loving this club for 40 years, pre Fergie and with stories of the Busby babes. All those seasons of being perennial runners up, then the Glory years. Enjoying the battles with the big 6 but also the fact that in England every team in a league can beat another.

Would hate it if we are kicked out and would hate it more if our actions lead to the demise of the likes of for example our near neighbors Bolton, Blackpool, Wigan, Blackburn, Oldham... each of who have a special memory. Sad day....

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
It's a donezo from me. I was hanging on by a thread with being an out of country fan who has a life and family that keeps me from really following closely anymore. What the club became after Sir Alex retired was just more and more away from what I watched be built from 1990. A full kick in the balls of all of those players I grew up watching, idolising.

You get to this age and start to realise how the world works when the generational torch gets passed and I guess this was inevitable. Personally it feels like this was the gift that I needed to put to bed my support of the club, a pile of overpaid wank living off the past success of some of the incredible players and history that we've had was starting to grind my gears and really turn me inward..

I've got a small home town club that will keep mine and my kids connection to football happening at that real connective level.

It's a ta ra from me.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'd wait until more details are clearer but if all the top European clubs were involved and we weren't, what does that make us. So far it seems there will be a core of 15 clubs + 5 clubs that can be promoted to it.

Brexit was a certain disaster from day one, let's see what happens here. I still remember the uproar when the idea of a Premier League was suggested.
Unselfish supporters of traditions and football as a whole.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's a donezo from me. I was hanging on by a thread with being an out of country fan who has a life and family that keeps me from really following closely anymore. What the club became after Sir Alex retired was just more and more away from what I watched be built from 1990. A full kick in the balls of all of those players I grew up watching, idolising.

You get to this age and start to realise how the world works when the generational torch gets passed and I guess this was inevitable. Personally it feels like this was the gift that I needed to put to bed my support of the club, a pile of overpaid wank living off the past success of some of the incredible players and history that we've had was starting to grind my gears and really turn me inward..

I've got a small home town club that will keep mine and my kids connection to football happening at that real connective level.

It's a ta ra from me.
See you lad. Keep well, enjoy life

GlasgowCeltic

Mike Ashley's Newcastle of the ESL, minimum investment fodder, no need to give the pretence of ambition or wanting to compete anymore

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

I remember agreeing with you on the Brexit stuff but this is depressing coming from you.

This is the same slippery slope as that. Once it starts, it won't get better, it'll get worse with some silver linings along the way to lessen the pain.

MU655

I'd lose quite a lot of interest. The ESL sounds boring.

dal

I don’t know really. I don’t like it but I love to see the corrupt institutions of FIFA and UEFA becoming hysterical.

Paul the Wolf

I remember agreeing with you on the Brexit stuff but this is depressing coming from you.

This is the same slippery slope as that. Once it starts, it won't get better, it'll get worse with some silver linings along the way to lessen the pain.

If it meant just playing in this competition against the same sides forever more then I wouldn't be in favour of it. If it means playing against high level opposition more regularly then I would be in favour of it whilst still playing in the current competitions.

Nothing has been decided yet and there will be many discussions and give and takes along the way between the various national associations, the FA, FIFA, UEFA etc. No doubt a clearer picture will evolve.

But whatever happens and in whatever competion we play in, I'll always support United and want us to win every competition we compete in.

philipos

Which competition do you really care about? Answer by asking yourself before which matches do you get the most nervous. For me, it’s Premier league games. I think I’d care even less about ESL games so would probably lose interest despite being a supporter for over 50 years and a ST holder for 15. Having said that, I don’t think it’ll go ahead - we’re all getting fed up of football behind closed doors so with half full stadiums, the product would lose much of its appeal.

Mr Smith

I would support United if they were playing in the Isthmian League Division 7. Always have supported them since I was a kid, always will do until my last breath.

Hopefully the eternal moaners will go off and support someone else.
I do get where you're coming from, but please reconsider. This breakaway is disastrous for football, and will suck any remaining values from the club. I understand wanting to continue to support United because of a long history doing so, and I understand this being tied in with family and even a way of life. But this isn't suffering through hard times. This is a greedy corporate investor profiting off the hard earned money YOU sink into the club, and using it to propel the club into a closed shop that is the antithesis of everything the club traditionally stands for.

There comes a point when the club you love stops being the club you love. What makes Manchester United, Manchester United? For me its the history the values, the idea of doing things the right way and giving youth a chance. If this goes through, the club you and I love will be a cash cow for parasites. We have to be prepared to walk away to save the club. Please reconsider.

diarm

I rang this morning and cancelled my membership.

The girl asked would I consider coming back in the future and I said I would when the Glazers are gone.

She said I was far from the only one which is encouraging at least.

Bwuk

Interesting to see how many of those who claim they will stop supporting United subscribe to whatever platform the Super League will be shown on.

dave1956

Need to save a few more pennies as some away games are going to be slightly more expensive.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Depressing that fans are being put through this.

diarm

Interesting to see how many of those who claim they will stop supporting United subscribe to whatever platform the Super League will be shown on.
That isn't just black and white though. Munster is my home province and I've followed them all my life. If this shit is on BT do I cancel and miss out on the rugby just to stick it to the Glazers?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You don't just start or stop supporting the club you love.
It is not like a tap. Once you fall in love with a club, that is for life. You have an emotional bond.

Infra-red

Even putting aside all of the concerns about how this will more-or-less destroy football as we know it, the ESL sounds like a boring, shite competition (if you can even call it a "competition" - no relegation for 20 years!)

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Time to start supporting the club nearest to where you live. You'll see people playing football because above all else, they love playing.

cedara

As long as it's still Manchester United, I'll support them. Love this idea. Don't want to see our players treated like cash cows for the ass**les at FIFA/UEFA. Have you seen anything changes since Sepp Blatter scandal happened? The shite is still there and it's even more stinky.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Time to start supporting the club nearest to where you live. You'll see people playing football because above all else, they love playing.
I do support the club nearest to where I live(d).

diarm

You don't just start or stop supporting the club you love.
It is not like a tap. Once you fall in love with a club, that is for life. You have an emotional bond.
I have an emotional bond with Manchester United Football Club.

An English league club, built for the workers of the area and that stood for what was right in the game for 140 years.

That club doesn't exist anymore. I have no interest in supporting Glazer FC, a cynical vehicle geared towards lining the pockets of Americans, even if they're playing with our old badge.

Ananke

Not fully. But my passion for the club I grew up watching over 20 years ago is dwindling.

People saying they can't stop supporting the club they love, that's fine and all but for me it's so different now. What makes Manchester United, Manchester United? If it's the name, the badge, the colors, the location, sure I can see why this wouldn't change your support. But for me it was more than that.

This Man Utd is so far gone from what it was and this ESL thing is basically showing the world exactly what we've become. Honestly I'm so angry/upset right now.

SirScholes

Its life. It comes with ups and downs.

We are just small fans with no impact on what happens which is why we sit here and bicker.

But if I've chosen to support utd for 15 years then I won't change just because of the owners decisions.

I don't agree with what's going on but I'm not going to stop supporting. The players and staff are the same people.

We might as well say that the players should all leave the team now then.
I hope they come out and say they won’t play for a club in it

players could shut this down tonight if they did that

czemuch

since FPP is a fiction, super league is a right move, if it's right now all about money in football (PSG), super league is reasonable step to make chances more even to the biggest brands in the world. It's was always gonna end this way.