'If this continues I'm done with United for the season!' Really?

Lecland07

I think you're misunderstanding my post, or not reading as a response to OP.

I write that its fine to by unhappy about the situation. What I find distasteful is not supporting the lads on the pitch regardless.
But do all the players deserve support? Some of them seem pretty lazy. If they are not willing to put in the effort, why should people put in the effort to support them?

It is the same thing for our football in general: why would people keep supporting and watching if it is boring to do so?

There are two main things that kill my enthusiasm to support the club: firstly, the laziness of the players; secondly, being so mind-numbingly boring to watch. At the moment, I don't really see much point in spending time watching and supporting the team when these two things are true.

Dan_F

How about those yankee leeching scumbags reflect on how they are destroying this fanbase and your bloody countryman who isn't willing to pass on money for the good of this club and his pride is getting in the way far too much
You know the poster isn’t actually Ole. Chill out. Jesus Christ.

K Stand Knut

I didn’t watch the derby. Not planning to watch the matches till Ole is sacked. I hate watching us play at this stage, shit on a stick football with biweekly humiliation.

A bit of a shame cause I really would have liked to watch Ronaldo’s zenith, and we have some very exciting young players. But enough is enough.

For context, I didn’t reach this stage with any of the previous three managers. This is worse than Moyes at his worst.
Good. Don’t watch anymore. Go and watch another team then.

If you expects to see Ronaldo’s zenith with us this season, I think more questions should be asked of you than anyone else

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think what happens with me is that I become less willing to make the club a focal part of my weekend, to go that extra mile to watch games when it’s inconvenient, and to give it the power to ruin my mood. It’s less investment. But I’ll never stop. For me that means not ducking out of work to watch CL games at lunch time or getting up for 6am games on a Saturday.

And this is never a response to being unsuccessful. This is a response to the club being wilfully incompetent. To making bad decision after bad decision. To the lack of regard shown generally for fans. To the manager being clueless, showing favouritism to the worst of players and to the players just downing tools and being switched off. I just do the same thing. I down tools as a fan. If I catch the game because it fits in my life so be it, but I’m not moving around my schedule or sacrificing time with my daughter (I’m a single dad with a 6 year old) to watch a team club that doesn’t give a feck (from the board to the players).

I’ve been Ole in for a while, thinking he earned the chance to keep going, but Liverpool and then City were a fecking disgrace beyond measure, and until the board act decisively or the manager pulls a rabbit from the hat, no signing, no press release, no promise is going to make me invest more than the bare minimum as a fan.

Revan

Assumptionman
Good. Don’t watch anymore. Go and watch another team then.

If you expects to see Ronaldo’s zenith with us this season, I think more questions should be asked of you than anyone else
Yep, I am not watching anymore. I might or might not watch another team. Happy that you are telling me what to do. What else should I do now?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Exactly. I’m Ole and I’m furious at the incompetence of the board. Im still watching every game possible and refreshing every Utd-related page daily.
this is the mindset of every man utd customer and exactly why the glazers owning a business like United will always see them earn a fortune

the pseudo product is football and its utter utter shite but people like you and me keep buying it, all over the globe. We want to feel connected to the "club".

The board know this - they employ propaganda, sorry marketing staff, to manipulate your emotional and romantic notion of what the old football club used to be. The leverage nostalgia and history for the greatest profit margins for the modern business. Everyone is having a fecking fit about ole being sacked or not but it doesnt really matter to the board once the sponsorship and marketing global deals keep coming in. And they will.

its all about bottom line for the glazers and we keep swallowing the shit sambo we are being served- and will keep doing it, perpetually.
A football business at the upper echelon of historical context is a goldmine of a business - and always will be as long as the marketing executives are the best that money can buy.

So there you have it

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I'm not sure what qualifies as "done with united", but I'm probably going to stop watching matches again. The football is honestly terrible and the sour feeling after games isn't worth it. Kind of depressing as I was getting back into watching our games and being excited to watch us.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
I stopped watching the City match after about half an hour. You saw the walk out during the Liverpool game.

Not even bothering with the next match is a logical step forward. It’s not fun and I’m not a masochist. The loyal Old Trafford support isn’t doing anything for the players. They preferred playing behind closed doors.
I said this when the plans were agreed to allow fans to go back to football and people shot me down. Being a Man Utd. player and indeed the Man Utd. manager comes with extra pressure and history. Only the very best (e.g. Cavani) step up. Others seem to regress e.g. Daniel James, Sancho (although its early days yet), Pogba and Jesse Lingard. This last case is a prime example, see how he did in a less pressured environment - West Ham compared with Man Utd, ditto David Moyes! Having said that I am puzzled about what is happening to Maguire & Shaw though, you would have thought playing for England and getting to semi-finals/finals would be even more stressy, yet they have not seemed to struggle as much, for the national team.... could it be that playing for England (especially abroad) would be a welcome break from the pressure cooker and soap opera that is life at O.T.?

I will stop watching if we don’t win a trophy this year. it will have been over 2 years since our last one and there are plenty of clubs out there serious about winning trophies that would kill for a fan like me.
Did you type this two years ago and only copy/paste it onto the Caf today?

See: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/4-years-without-a-trophy.463089/

Amir

For so many years I've done 'my best' for the club. Planning my week around matches so I'd never miss a match, travelling to matches here and there (which is quite in investment when you're not living in the UK), spending money on merchandise and membership.

All I want in return is for the club to do its best, wherever that "best" leads us. Right now, I don't feel the club is doing its best. Far from it. It's full of politics and giving jobs for people who don't deserve them, insisting on keeping a manager who is clearly not good enough.

So why should I accept this one sided relationship?

yink-Skippy

I cancel DAZN monthly .... then re-activate it right before the next Man Utd game. I hate myself :)

Rajma

this is the mindset of every man utd customer and exactly why the glazers owning a business like United will always see them earn a fortune

the pseudo product is football and its utter utter shite but people like you and me keep buying it, all over the globe. We want to feel connected to the "club".

The board know this - they employ propaganda, sorry marketing staff, to manipulate your emotional and romantic notion of what the old football club used to be. The leverage nostalgia and history for the greatest profit margins for the modern business. Everyone is having a fecking fit about ole being sacked or not but it doesnt really matter to the board once the sponsorship and marketing global deals keep coming in. And they will.

its all about bottom line for the glazers and we keep swallowing the shit sambo we are being served- and will keep doing it, perpetually.
A football business at the upper echelon of historical context is a goldmine of a business - and always will be as long as the marketing executives are the best that money can buy.

So there you have it
Bingo.

WakeAndBeek

Why would I continue to watch a club who clearly doesn't care continue to produce pub level football because they're too stupid and incompetent to know what everyone else does.
Because that is the nature of being a football supporter, and the constant reality for fans of almost every club outside of the so called big 6.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Knew this thread would end up with one-upmanship and "you're not a proper fan" :lol:

I hate that we're shit but still love the club, will always watch when i can and still rush back from wherever i am to make sure i watch the game and then sulk when we're rubbish and/or get beat. I still think we're going to win shortly before kick off, even when we're odds on to lose (thought we'd get a result against City deep down, although didnt say it aloud!)

So there...

#topred

Waynne

Seems to be a common sign off to posts of late. How many of you saying it would actually see that through?

Admit it: you're here to see the car crash and watch the fallout with the rest of us!

What would it genuinely take for you to not watch Manchester United?
I'm a supporter of the club for the last 25+ years. The continued freefall into oblivion over the past 8 years has seen me watch less and less United games. Moyes appointment was very strange. Van Gaal gave me a bit of hope but the football bored me to death. Mourinho was another appointment that gave me hope that maybe we can get back to an exciting team.

Long story short: I'm watching less games. I'm growing disinterested in the club. I suspect there will be many more who will care less what happens and that will affect the global appeal of the club. The owners are going to be the death of Man United.

Cantonagotmehere

I'll stick with them of course, but I will realistically just hope for Greenwood to get better and better, Sancho to get going, and VDB to play. Pipe dreams I know.

MalaysianRed7

I genuinely think I’ll only love my wife as much as United when I do get married (who knows when!). Always watching and supporting the team and I will against Watford. Of course though, the sad thing now is that, and this is true, I don’t actually feel it when we lose and won’t until Ole is sacked, as there’s always that silver lining that he’s closer to it. We just simply have no hope and direction, which is all a football fan needs. Look at Newcastle fans and their overnight mood change after the takeover.

ReallyUSA

Not much being from the States. I can opt to sleep in on the weekend rather than waking up between 5 to 9 AM, and avoid not ruining that half of the day.

So there you have it
I said it in the ticket thread, ticket sales leading up to the sackings of Moyes, LVG and Mourinho dropped drastically, it had never been easier to get a few extras in all my 20 odd years as a ST holder.

It's probably the number 1 biggest thing that can and has made the board wake up and think "feck".

justsomebloke

I'm all in, no matter how painful it gets. And it's pretty bad right now. Where it kicks in for me is I can't stomach watching any other football, which I'm normally quite keen to do.

USREDEVIL

I'll keep watching the slow death of United but will probably do chores like dishes and cleaning up like i have the last couple of games. Did the same under LVG. Basically side watching as we're garbage. But i'm in the U.S. so its the morning and there's really nothing else for me to do except my occasional track days.

Last edited:

KeanoMagicHat

Performative complaining about teams has always been about but it's jumped up another few notches in the social media age. I blame Arsenal TV. It's not alright just to watch football and your team to lose, you must show how much it dismays you in the most dramatic way.

MUFC OK

I’ll watch the CL games as it’s midweek and there’s not much better to do. Not tuning in for humiliation against Chelsea and a loss to arsenal though.

Fridge chutney

Ole has turned it around before and there's no reason to think that he won't turn it around this season.

Because that is the nature of being a football supporter, and the constant reality for fans of almost every club outside of the so called big 6.
Nar, actually there’s currently no other in football that spends on our level, both in wages and in transfer fees and has been so starved of success, none.

If United went bust tomorrow and had to start again from League 2, I’d be with them every step. What I have zero interest in is watching a club go through the motions, as @Rajma said, simply because it’s “inconvenient” for them to do anything about it.
I’ve got better shit to do with my time, as if I’m gonna tell the family we can’t do something Saturday around 5 cause I need to bore myself to death and rant on redcafe about how frustrating the shit show is.

Ole has turned it around before and there's no reason to think that he won't turn it around this season.
Ole hasn’t turned around shit other than extreme underachieving to “doing ok” and averaging 70 points a season.
There’s every reason to know that’s the fecking best we can hope for and no reason to think otherwise.
Keep wumming though fridge, never change.

sparx99

I usually structure my weekends around the Utd game unless it’s a special event like a wedding. Now if my wife says can we go out I’m not worried when it is.

Josep Dowling

Must admit I didn’t watch the City game as I knew we had no chance of winning it. That’s something I’d never done before but the Liverpool game just left my confidence in tatters with the manager. There is no way back in my opinion.

If you don't support them when they're....

You don't deserve them when they're...
I’ve supported us when we were outrageously shit, and have done again since Fergie, many times I’ve loved it. At least than we changed Big Ron, or moved on Moyes, Mourinho because we wanted better.
I haven’t and won’t take time out of my day to watch a club that does “jobs for mates” and can’t be arsed making an inconvenient decision cause a mate’s feelings might get hurt.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
This is a very easy answer for me.

Either you support the team regardless of whats going on in the club (ie: the players on the pitch), or you're simply just a fan for the good times.

People who only rise to support the team when they play well are nothing but bandwagon fans. It's fine to be pissed off about the state of the club, but take a note from the matchgoing fans, they never stop making noise, sun or rain.
Here here. Support for the club is unconditional. Every match I’m watching hoping for a win. Every season I’m hoping for silverware. When we lose I’m pissed, when we win I’m happy. Doesn’t mean I have to like the owners or the regime. The two things are not the same. Manchester United is not the Glazers and the Glazers are not Manchester United.