If we don’t sign anyone this window it shows the club lacks ambition

mu4c_20le

Matic can barely play one full game a week, let alone two. It would be great if we could loan someone like a Can for six months

Fosu-Mens

We will sign someone if the media+fans starts another #out campaign.

And by signing, I mean not the "Getting x back from injury is like a new signing" nonsense. Can see the club getting Longstaff because of him having the "mentality".

fergiesarmy1

We will sign someone if the media+fans starts another #out campaign.

And by signing, I mean not the "Getting x back from injury is like a new signing" nonsense. Can see the club getting Longstaff because of him having the "mentality".
Apparently there was a board meeting with Ole today to discuss January window, would be shocked given the potential amount of games we could play if we didn’t add to the numbers.

Fosu-Mens

Apparently there was a board meeting with Ole today to discuss January window, would be shocked given the potential amount of games we could play if we didn’t add to the numbers.
They had a meeting today to discuss potential targets this window? Not something that can be worked on continuously? Is it illegal to evaluate players and enquire about them outside of the transfer windows? If so, then Woody should complain to the FA about signing Minamoto and force them to give us VVD and Mane and deduct 50 points.

Rocknrolla69er

But just because you named them doesn't mean we are interested, and need to research them. Ole went to talk to Haaland and depended on getting him. I think he also wanted Kulusevski. Now he has to go to next on the list.
I never said we were interested in them..........i think youve misunderstood the convo i was having with the other guy

Acole9

Outstanding
We need to just sign anyone, hijack Rodwell going to Sheffield United.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
If you mean to imply that Liverpool improved this season despite making no signings in the summer, I disagree. Your club, Liverpool, aren't nearly as convincing as they were last year. VAR, non-existent injuries to key personnel, City (along the rest of the so-called competition) failing to put up a fight, and a multitude of other factors have combined to give your club an insurmountable lead atop the table.

You will be inclined to disagree with this because that's what Liverpool fans do, but that's fine.
Wait. Isn't Liverpool your club too?

I thought we would be both closet Liverpool fans together, but you blew our cover. :(
Have you ordered your half & half scarf yet?

JK-27

According to news today we're interested in Jack Grealish from Villa and Todd Cantwell from Norwich.

That shows you the level of our ambition.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I know its the job of our scouts, but who is currently out there that you would bring in that you'd be happy to see in our team on a long term basis?
Bruno. We're crying out for a number 10 and this fella doesn't stop scoring and assisting. Only thing is he signed a new contract with Sporting so it will cost even more money to sign him now than it would have in the summer.

Alabaster Codify7

According to news today we're interested in Jack Grealish from Villa and Todd Cantwell from Norwich.

The whole rethinking our transfer strategy essentially was branding for lowering our expectations. The board see Ole as the low maintenance buffer / shield they want but also know that comes with the downside of being less appealing to transfer targets.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The whole rethinking our transfer strategy essentially was branding for lowering our expectations. The board see Ole as the low maintenance buffer / shield they want but also know that comes with the downside of being less appealing to transfer targets.
So is this American owners who decide to stop spending money or restrict their spending? It's not the first time it has happened.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Players don't stand in line to play under Ole. We didn't managed to sign bloody Haaland who knew Ole privately.
And don't forget; Longstaff and Cantwell really really really really really ...........really want to come here. Right character and shit like that.

Funny how players with right character are only players from shit teams.

Chairman Steve

Imagine if we don’t make any January signings but Lingard signs a new deal. I remember there being an uproar on Phil Jones getting a new deal last year but I think this hypothetical event will easily eclipse it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Wait. Isn't Liverpool your club too?

I thought we would be both closet Liverpool fans together, but you blew our cover. :(
Have you ordered your half & half scarf yet?
I'm glad you have decided to drop the deception.

I hope you realize how unnecessary it was, though. Liverpool fans have been posting here for years without the need to hide their allegiance :)

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The caf already concluded a long time ago that the club lacks ambition, so I'm not sure it needs a whole new thread.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Why would they?

The Red Thinker

The misery of the Arsenal defeat has us all asking mortal questions.
But without reinforcements in January, we will never make top 4. Simple as.

James Ward

Wouldn't be suprised of swoop of Maddison, NDidi in the Summer if we get Champions League and Grealish.

Id actually be delighted with Eriksen and Can on loan in January.

Revaulx

For that to work, Woodward would have to be a narcissist one-level above (below?) what I think he is. But hell, if it works, why not. Butter him up. That being said, what you're describing could have already been attempted under some of the other managers. I could see a Jose or an LvG trying that out once they realized what made him tick.
I cannot envisage LvG ever having buttered anyone up in all his life! It just isn’t the Dutch way. The younger, charming Jose maybe, but not the current grumpy bitter one.
Now I'm thinking maybe that's how we got Pogba. W: 'Again, welcome Jose, now who would you like to buy?' J: 'Someone like Pogba, I sink - but not Pogba, mind you, that's very important. Very imp- What are you doing-''
:lol:
I’ve always thought that Pogba’s signing had little or nothing to do with Jose. The previous regime had made an idiotic blunder in letting Pogba leave; Ed saw himself becoming the hero by setting it right.
I think that's why a lot of posters were/are bullish on the Rangnick/Nagelsman/Rose angle; aka the hope that they'd come with at least some of that German network and all those intangible benefits attached.
Oh absolutely, but such a U-turn would involve such a loss of face for Ed that I just can’t see it happening. One of the reasons I’m only mildly Ole out is that I’m worried he’ll convince himself (and the fans) that the young hard-working British strategy is the right one and it’s only Ole’s execution that isn’t working. At which point he’ll go for Southgate. He may well do that anyway if England have a decent Euros :nervous:

Gasolin

Alright so we cannot sign good players apparently cause we cannot convince them and they ask for a lot of money, which apparently we do not have. Where does that leave us? Can we do some smart buys that can pay off right away?

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
If we don't recruit anyone this January [which I don't think we will] it could be a sign that the board aren't completely behind Ole and that they can potentially be looking at a replacement come summer who would have a budget to play with. But it could also transpire that we spend feckal, keep Ole still and bring in a couple Sean Longstaffs. Spend another year 'developing' our young British core for The Future™ .

Who knows anything anymore, I doubt even the board do.

Gasolin

He is too happy, like after the Arsenal defeat. He looks as happy as a pig in shit
We don't care about being a hero or not, winning on the field makes him a hero. However it's done, it's just internal affairs at this point.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
The people who own United are not football people they are financial people, they are quiet happy to just hold their ground and keep milking the club until it is not worth milking anymore. Then they will sell, to who? I have no idea, who can afford it? But one thing is for sure, these money mad bastards have fecked up United.

Withnail

The people who own United are not football people they are financial people, they are quiet happy to just hold their ground and keep milking the club until it is not worth milking anymore. Then they will sell, to who? I have no idea, who can afford it? But one thing is for sure, these money mad bastards have fecked up United.

That's the worst part about it. Nobody but the poxy Saudis could afford it.

We're stuck with these leeches for quite some time I'm afraid and I don't much like the alternative.

MrSingh2002

United will drag the window on signing nobody but make some staged fake attempt for players out of our reach again as usual.

With statements at the end of January how the January window was not right for us and with Pogba and McTominay coming back into the fold soon they are like new signings.

In reality we need a left back and two midfielders immediately.

Only Pogba, McTominay and Fred should be starting games currently and two are injured for the next month or two atleast. I believe Pogba needs surgery and its not a quick recovery as it seems to be an overruse peroneal tendon injury from twice being played too soon after injury. The efforts with immobilisation didn't work and now they'll need to go down the surgery route. Having been through his myself I worry for Pogba being able to play at all this season if he needs surgery.

feck Ole for being a soft cnut. And feck Ed for being a daft cnut. It's the fans that suffer year after year.

fergiesarmy1

That's the worst part about it. Nobody but the poxy Saudis could afford it.

We're stuck with these leeches for quite some time I'm afraid and I don't much like the alternative.
Worse still the glazers know it, they hold all the cards.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I'm glad you have decided to drop the deception.

I hope you realize how unnecessary it was, though. Liverpool fans have been posting here for years without the need to hide their allegiance :)
I just thought I would follow your lead. What's your RAWK username again? I think I forgot when you told me at the Anfield stadium tour. GerrardHasMyHeart, right? :smirk:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I just thought I would follow your lead. What's your RAWK username again? I think I forgot when you told me at the Anfield stadium tour. GerrardHasMyHeart, right? :smirk:

Who do you support?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Usually whoever wins the PL. Last year City, this year Liverpool, and hopefully United once they are taken over by the Saudis and buy Mbappe and Sancho for 400m each.
What a character

steffyr2

The caf already concluded a long time ago that the club lacks ambition, so I'm not sure it needs a whole new thread.
The caf, or a significant part of us, supported Woodward when he refused to get Mourinho the defender he said he needed. Can't help but think that that showed a lack of ambition on the part of Utd fans, who for some reason wanted the Glazers to keep their money rather than spend it on the team.
Getting Ole is a great thing for the board -- don't have spend money, don't have to win -- just natter on about the Utd way.
I can't help but think that we missed our chance there.

SteveW

Ole just said it will be hard for Fred and Matic to play all these games. Just have to ask them to keep going at long as they can.

That's calling Ed out. Hard to be more blatant while staying professional imo.