If we sell Lukaku - who will our new CF signing be? Predictions in here...

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Rashford with Greenwood as backup.

Rashford needs to step up big time and get us 20 league goals this season. If he fails then I can see him regressing.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Rashford with Greenwood as backup.

Rashford needs to step up big time and get us 20 league goals this season. If he fails then I can see him regressing.
It looks like Martial will play through the middle with Rashford wide left if pre season is anything to go by.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
fecking no one.
Far all he’s faults he’s at least guaranteed us few goals a season.
We didn’t score enough last season and now we’re letting a striker go without replacing him or adding another attacking threat at least. Mind boggling.

tomaldinho1

We are going to get Llorente, who is beyond terrible
Called this weeks ago. Llorente on a free

It's not terrible at all though - it's basically hiring a substitute for a year. He wouldn't get game time but is handy if we're down and there's 5mins to go. Would rather that than no one because a single injury then F's us

Feed Me

I'm hungry

It's not terrible at all though - it's basically hiring a substitute for a year. He wouldn't get game time but is handy if we're down and there's 5mins to go. Would rather that than no one because a single injury then F's us
He would come is as our ‘launch it’ plan b despite being abysmal in the air

Honestly a useless player and hope we go nowhere near him

Ranchero

Putting this in here as it's essentially a prediction about the Utd first team - but if Mods decide it should be in the Transfer forum I apologize in advance for putting it in the wrong forum!

Anyway, one aspect of this window that is starting to excite me quite a lot, is the prospect of selling (and replacing) Rom, and I say that as someone who likes Lukaku and wanted him to do well here.

But if he is to go, it excites me thinking of OGS - a proven class CF in his own time, signing a new CF.

I'm not really sold on the notion of Solskjaer as manager, but this aspect does genuinely excite me as I think the guy will surely be able to spot a Utd striker better than any manager post SAF.

Yet we aren't really linked with any CFs or at least I haven't seen any rumours there.

So what say you lot - IF we sell Rom, who are your predictions of our CF signing?
None.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Come off it, Llorente is apalling. He misses sitters for fun.

Cashmore8

So we wait till the last minute to sell him to inter (£65m + £12m in add-ons Sly sports) with no replacement in sight, recurring theme when we sell it seems now, And dybala prefers a move to spurs (hurts to say that, with a £65m bid in the process Sly sports)
Im struggling to see what the direction is the club is trying to go. Might sound overdramatic but this seasons dead already. With the massive gap in quality between us and our direct rivals last season , its only got worse with all of them strengthening while we sit there doing nothing. Even top 6 is going to be a struggle

tomaldinho1

He would come is as our ‘launch it’ plan b despite being abysmal in the air

Honestly a useless player and hope we go nowhere near him
He wouldn't play though. I'm not sure you're thinking of the same player, Llorente is useless aside from aerially

Balotelli, Carroll, Ben Arfa, Bony - the freebie bargain basement sale is open!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nobody, it’s up to Rashford and Martial.
Martial can only be used out wide, very unproven as the central striker last few seasons.

It's an odd one, as things stand Rashford is your only reliable through the middle CF unless you're going to try Alexis in that position.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Martial can only be used out wide, very unproven as the central striker last few seasons.

It's an odd one, as things stand Rashford is your only reliable through the middle CF unless you're going to try Alexis in that position.
Well it's where he's been playing pre-season. Don't think he's had a fair run at CF over the past few seasons tbh.

fps

He's been very poor out wide and with his skillset to my mind he should be put back in the middle as a striker as soon as possible.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Well it's where he's been playing pre-season. Don't think he's had a fair run at CF over the past few seasons tbh.
Fair enough, did he play central in 15/16 or was Rooney still upfront in those days. Was pretty good when he first signed but that's four years ago now and he was terrible after signing his new deal last season so very much a mentality problem.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Combine that with a larger supply of chances with a more cohesively attacking team - easy choice. Just make sure you give him that #9 shirt ;)

Lee565

We could with a goal scoring right winger than a back up striker

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

I honestly cannot believe the position we find ourselves yet again. All the talk of lots of ins and lots of outs. And this is where we are. About to lose our most reliable source of goals and no replacement sorted or even (seemingly) considered. Bruno Fernandes reportedly being on a plate as long as the asking price of £64.5m is met and we aren't acting on that. Pogba clearly not even wanting to be here. Players like Jones and Darmian still on the club's wage bill. And Ashley Young - yeah, Ashley Young still club fecking captain.

All this whilst City are making excellent signings quietly, efficiently and for very reasonable prices. And Spurs are starting to kick into life transfer wise. No doubt they'll be even more superior to us this season. Liverpool havent really strengthened but they probably didn't even need to in terms of being better than us. Arsenal have also got their act together and made a couple of good signings, just agreed a fee for Tierney tonight as well. Even bloody Everton are splashing the cash and I wouldn't be surprised to see us fall behind them.

I just do not know what has to happen to get Woodward and The Glazers out of this club before we end up a top 8 side. It really is that bad. Just disgusted

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
How many chances do Rashford and Martial need?

They have been sub standard for years but suddenly some think they are about to step up and become Yorke and Cole!

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

How many chances do Rashford and Martial need?

They have been sub standard for years but suddenly some think they are about to step up and become Yorke and Cole!
Exactly. If people are expecting consistency out of those two then they should prepare to be disappointed. I really worry about Solskjaer's long term future. As much as we wish it wasn't true, spending/signings are a major part of how well a manager does in today's game. And just like Mourinho last summer (admittedly to a far lesser degree) he hasn't got what's been needed. So worrying

welshwingwizard

No, he really would not. Been there and bought the t-shirt.
He just came to us too early. No one remembers Salah as a young player who couldn't get into the Chelsea side. Just as a player who is tearing it up for Liverpool.

Drop out of the top 6?
There is some amazing statistic that Palace couldn't win when he wasn't in the team. With better players there is no reason to think couldn't have a sustancial impact for us.

In addition he could switch across the front roles easily in the manner Ole wants.