If you could build one more statue outside OT, who will you choose?

Mal donaghy

You add Keane's bottle carrier in the mix but you leave Giggs out?
Oh shit yes giggsy, but you get my drift the class of 92 lads , so while it was a MAJOR oversight not typing giggs , you know what I meant, and while butt was never in keonos class he was one of that group who came through and became the best team in the world 99/00, he played his part did butty.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Oh shit yes giggsy, but you get my drift the class of 92 lads , so while it was a MAJOR oversight not typing giggs , you know what I meant, and while butt was never in keonos class he was one of that group who came through and became the best team in the world 99/00, he played his part did butty.
I think he was by far the weakest of the bunch. If we do a class of 92 statue than he must come behind Giggs, Scholes, Gaz, Beckham and Phil (in that precedence). If we're doing a treble statue than he should be behind Keane, Schmeichel, Stam, the Calypso boys, Ole, Teddy, Giggs, Beckham and alot of other players.

Green_Red

The Busby Babes that lost their lives in Munich should have a collective statue.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Cantona. That pose after the Sunderland goal. Popped collar, chest out.

Mal donaghy

I think he was by far the weakest of the bunch. If we do a class of 92 statue than he must come behind Giggs, Scholes, Gaz, Beckham and Phil (in that precedence). If we're doing a treble statue than he should be behind Keane, Schmeichel, Stam, the Calypso boys, Ole, Teddy, Giggs, Beckham and alot of other players.
Take it you are not into butt ? ;)

Big Andy

Bloke
A statue of the entire final line up would be great to see. Perhaps have it at ground level and life size, so fans can walk around it.

Been looking for a super large version of this so I can have it made into a canvas to pop up at home near to the George BEst one I have...

mark_a

I'd vote for the last Busby Babes team lineup, but there's already the clock & the tunnel. Maybe a trinity of people who helped build United: Louis Rocca, Jimmy Murphy, Joe Armstrong? I think this would not only commemorate people, but also serve to remember them & their immense contributions, which are gradually fading away, sadly. Except perhaps Murphy who has received well-earned attention in recent years.

GM K

Could be player, manager, owner....;)

Who would be your choice for the next statue?
Ashley Young if he can score his now famous trademark brace (a stunning freekick and a low volley to the left corner of the post) to thrash City on Sunday. :)

If he does that, he can have two statues at Old Trafford.

RedStrudel76

As much as I'm not a fan of the way Ronaldo went about leaving, he will end his career as top 5 player of all time. They even build statues of Maradona and Pele in places they really have no connection to.. so in that sense he would be as worthy as anyone due to his connection to the club.

Probably not yet though, it is too soon.. maybe 30/40 years when we look back at that era as a Golden Age.

Pass and Move

As individuals, you can only really argue Giggs for his longevity, Rooney for his goals record, or Cantona for his je ne sais quoi and impact on our club. Ronaldo didn't do enough in his years here to warrant a statue.

I'd choose the class of '92 by a long margin. Sure, Butt and the Nevs don't deserve one individually, but the statue is about more than the individuals, it represents our team spirit, our commitment to youth, and the era of Ferguson, things which our club still benefit from to this day.

Kevinb5555

It couldn't be more obvious that you weren't a United fan in the early 90s for you to so incredibly underestimate Cantona's influence.

There's a reason he's one of a tiny number of players who retired 20 or more years ago that still get songs sung about them.

Couldnt agree more, he inspired a whole football generation like me who was born 87. He embodies the united way and spirit which is full of fierce passion and attacking intent and help fergie breed "the united way" of fight to the death.

Reactions: Penna

prath92

As individuals, you can only really argue Giggs for his longevity, Rooney for his goals record, or Cantona for his je ne sais quoi and impact on our club. Ronaldo didn't do enough in his years here to warrant a statue.

I'd choose the class of '92 by a long margin. Sure, Butt and the Nevs don't deserve one individually, but the statue is about more than the individuals, it represents our team spirit, our commitment to youth, and the era of Ferguson, things which our club still benefit from to this day.
statues are meant to remind you of iconic moments. Its not like ray wilson was GOAT but the moment he and martin peters held Bobby Moore aloft with the WC was an iconic moment

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Petty I know, but I'd favour a statue of Stevie G slipping just for the lols.

Pass and Move

statues are meant to remind you of iconic moments. Its not like ray wilson was GOAT but the moment he and martin peters held Bobby Moore aloft with the WC was an iconic moment
What nonsense! Statues aren’t ‘meant’ to remind you of iconic moments, there are all sorts of reasons for commissioning a statue. Honouring a period of history is just as valid a reason as honouring a moment.