If you could give JM a piece of advice what would it be?

Denis79

Would tell him that if his wife ever asks if a certain dress makes her ass look fat there is no right answer. Silence is golden.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Keep doing what you are doing... This is the best team since SAF retired. It took Fergie 4 plus years to build his empire and in his first season Mourinho took us back to winning titles and got us in the CL. Now this season, we are 2nd in the EPL, in the round of 16 for CL and making a run in the FA cup. If Man City was not playing so well, Jose would be getting more credit. I say we embrace our manager and his style and support our club and great team.

Job well done Mou!

Well said. Proud of you son, true fan

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Contrary to what people think of my tastes, for me as long as we're playing something which makes sense, it flows, every player is happy.. then I'll back it. I don't like seeing disharmony. Disharmony is ugly football.. nothing to do with pretty football, I find the Inter 2010 game v Barca beautiful.. 11, well 10 men in the second leg.. but guys absolutely 100% singing off the same tactical hymn sheet, committed to the cause, fighting like animals and 1-11 knew exactly where to be off the ball and then on the ball, they knew exactly how to hurt the opposition or keep the ball when they needed to.

Ugly football is not what I associate with Jose. Defensive pragmatic football yes. But ugly.. no. There was a beauty to the way his teams were so well-constructed, so cohesive and tough. Each player playing like he was their father and they would die for him.

I don't see that at the moment, and I just see lots of money being spent when it is the coaching/managing aspect which is letting us down. Jose can up his game, he has to up his game.. or he won't be here in the next 2 years.
I fully agree with this, a well constructed defensive set up can be a joy to watch.

My problem with our team at the moment is it isn't great at any one thing really. Sure our defensive record is good, but up against top sides we usually get broken down due to no single defender being good under pressure. I think it's part of the reason we can't get close to his Inter side in the defensive respect. Whenever we get pressured we'll pump the ball downfield and that will usually result in a new wave of attacks.

When a team has wave after wave of attacks it doesn't look like defensive solidity, you need those moments in between where you control the game by keeping hold of the ball for a minute or 2.

Nick7

I'd advise him to tell me everything he knows, because god knows he knows a lot more about football than any tom, dick, or harry on here.

lex talionis

Apart from the advice of not taking advice off the internet, my only advice would be to give Pogba a more free, attacking role in a 433 and stop using him in a midfield two with Matic.

A happy Pogba is an audacious and highly productive Pogba, who can create and finish scoring chances. An unhappy Pogba drifts out of the game and is, in truth, a defensive liability.

Nikelesh Reddy

Simple-Please switch to 4-3-3 for Christs sake!!Its blatantly obvious that Pogba can't play in a midfield 2,I would play Pogba as a LCM in a 3 man midfield.This will give our team more balance and control....

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Contrary to what people think of my tastes, for me as long as we're playing something which makes sense, it flows, every player is happy.. then I'll back it. I don't like seeing disharmony. Disharmony is ugly football.. nothing to do with pretty football, I find the Inter 2010 game v Barca beautiful.. 11, well 10 men in the second leg.. but guys absolutely 100% singing off the same tactical hymn sheet, committed to the cause, fighting like animals and 1-11 knew exactly where to be off the ball and then on the ball, they knew exactly how to hurt the opposition or keep the ball when they needed to.

Ugly football is not what I associate with Jose. Defensive pragmatic football yes. But ugly.. no. There was a beauty to the way his teams were so well-constructed, so cohesive and tough. Each player playing like he was their father and they would die for him.

I don't see that at the moment, and I just see lots of money being spent when it is the coaching/managing aspect which is letting us down. Jose can up his game, he has to up his game.. or he won't be here in the next 2 years.

This is spot on. This type of criticism is more than welcomed by me. What I hate is people trashing Jose, for being defensive, like they did not know who we signed. He hates to lose, so he will start building a team from the back. He has done it successfully many times, hopefully he will do it here too.

mu4c_20le

I agree with those that say he wouldn't listen to any of us. I'd just tell him to resign if he can't deliver the title this or next year.

People keep harping on about 'progress'. That sounds awfully LVG-like. He's spent over £300m since he arriverd.

Borden

I agree with those that say he wouldn't listen to any of us. I'd just tell him to resign if he can't deliver the title this or next year.

People keep harping on about 'progress'. That sounds awfully LVG-like. He's spent over £300m since he arriverd.
That's because it is. There's been an awful lot of goal-post-moving since Mourinho arrived. Now you actually have people here who say he shouldn't be sacked even if he doesn't get top 4.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Hey Jose. A few runs behind the defence from our attackers instead of direct passes to standing objectives would be nice from time to time. Look at Matic pass to Martial las Sunday. Yeah. More of that pls ty hugz

worldinmotion66

Don't get drunk and try to fry the entire contents of your dorm's freezer, and don't have a shot of Ouzo/Tabasco/Branston Pickle - it's not a good combo.

finneh

Do not kop out and play Pogba in a 3 man midfield in all but the toughest games

In order to solve a problem with a talented player not putting in the required effort and regularly switching off mentally, you work hard to ensure they mature and improve; dropping them if they don't.

You don't placate that lack of effort by dropping a productive attacking player to accommodate (in an attacking sense) an unproductive and lazy midfielder.

Pogba is a potentially fantastic box to box midfielder. If he's not ready mentally to start in that role for United then we should drop him in favour of Matic-Herrera.

Having to play 7 defensive players against Huddersfield at home to accommodate Pogba would be lunacy and when as a result our goal output dropped who would be to blame then?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Don't invest in bitcoin, go for blockchain technology instead.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Id tell him to get one of those little pet dogs that you can put in a bag and carry about. Take it everywhere, even have it on the touchline as long as it behaves itself.

Revaulx

Contrary to what people think of my tastes, for me as long as we're playing something which makes sense, it flows, every player is happy.. then I'll back it. I don't like seeing disharmony. Disharmony is ugly football.. nothing to do with pretty football
Snipped...
Absolutely. It’s the half-baked approach to everything that is so disheartening. This just doesn’t look like the Jose of old.

If I could give Ed and the board one piece of advice right now, it would be to simply back him, painful though it might be.

BRRRRAP

I would say 'Believe' Jose.
Believe in your ability to grow out of your once successful but now outmoded conservatism. You've done well in recruitment but now need to liberate the players in order adapt to today's high press, fluent attacking style. Defensive counter will not work with the skill set the best teams have today.
If you are not great at coaching fluent dynamic formation then don't be afraid to get someone in who can do this for you. Management needs to be proactive and innivative. Believe in change otherwise you and we stagnate.

Reactions: Penna