If you could sign 5 attainable players during Fergie era, who would you go for ?

sherrinford

Yaya Toure
Modric
Benzema
Suarez
Aguero
Silva.

Not so sure about Robben and Essien because we did try if I remember right, and they joined Chelsea ?
Remember being really mad we weren't trying for Silva and Aguero. Yaya Toure went to City for a frickin bargain at 24 mil.
I think most would have liked to sign Robben in the summer he left Real Madrid, while they signed Ronaldo from us. We could have got both Robben and Sneijder in exchange for Ronaldo and been much better off. Hell, throw in Huntelaar too rather than picking up Michael Owen - Madrid wanted rid of all three players.

Essien you could always just envision going in for him a year earlier, or even before he moved to Lyon. That's what most are doing with Modric, who I'm sure we would have wanted to sign while he was at Spurs but went to Real - just sign him from Zagreb! Problem solved.

MoXoM

Bastard turned us down twice. 15 year old me was in a bad way when he signed for Newcastle after being linked with us in 1996.
I was 17 when we were heavily linked to him.

I remember we had a copy of The Sun posted through our letter box and the front cover claimed we had signed him!

I was so upset when he went to Newcastle and we ended up signing a couple of random Norwegian players!

:lol:

Last edited:

MayfieldsFinest

I was 17 when we were heavily linked to him.

I remember we had a copy of The Sun posted through our letter box and the front cover claimed we had signed him!

I was so upset when he went to Newcastle and we ended up signing a couple of random Norwegian players!

:lol:
Ole who? :lol: