If you don’t understand why Ole is a gamble worth taking… you’re doing football support wrong

NoLogo

Even though the results aren't there, yet I'm starting to really like this young team and I feel that clearly there is a lot of talent in the squad. Just midfield needs to be improved but if we can find the talent for our central midfield I feel this team could improve a lot of the next 2-3 years.

Red Royal

In a few weeks we could see a Moyes led Everton team come to Old Trafford.

I just dont get the impatience with Ole. He is a young manager creating a young team and getting rid of the rumoured negative squad players.

Yes I want us to be challenging at the top, but as a fan for 40 years I see that these difficult times are necessary and even Fergie had a tough start.

Short of a Saudi takeover nothing will change quickly, in fact will regress if we get a Poch, Allegri or even a Pep as they rip up the plan and start again! Patience people.

Reactions: Rood

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
You'll be hard pushed to find anybody that is claiming Ole is the new SAF or has the potential to be, in fact if you do name and shame.

And if expectation was different back then why was Dave Sexton sacked?

In 1989/90/91 by and large the fans backed SAF, it was the press trying to force him out.
Bro you making it sound like its the media that wants him gone. Its actually on the contrary. Ole has this nice guy image very few media wants his head. Its the fans who are restless.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Bro you making it sound like its the media that wants him gone. Its actually on the contrary. Ole has this nice guy image very few media wants his head. Its the fans who are restless.
Was talking about SAF, the Sun had a back-page article with a picture of Alex Ferguson with a dunces hat on, it was the press pushing for him to be sacked, most fans wanted to give him more time.

I've not read a paper for five years but I doubt they'd ever stoop that low for Ole, and rightly so, it's their job to report the news, not make it!

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Was talking about SAF, the Sun had a back-page article with a picture of Alex Ferguson with a dunces hat on, it was the press pushing for him to be sacked, most fans wanted to give him more time.

I've not read a paper for five years but I doubt they'd ever stoop that low for Ole, and rightly so, it's their job to report the news, not make it!
Ahhh... Okay. Understood :)