Music If you had the power to delete any song from Existence?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Cant decide between Robbie William's Angels and that one that I think is called Barbara Streisand for no reason

United Hobbit

Uptown Funk or Happy.

I have to leave the room if they come on. Awful songs hate them so much they make my blood boil

My hatred for Heart radio stems from these as they play these along with other songs I'd bin if I could, again and again and again during a day

Last edited:

decorativeed

I always thought I was the only person to hate the Killers. Glad to see that's not the case.

I nominate My Humps by Black Eyed Peas. Had to listen to that pile of utter shit twice an hour for a month when I worked in a high street music shop.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Glad to see "Fairytale of New York" (garbage, with homophobic slurs that bewilderingly still gets played and forgiven) and "Get What You Give" mentioned.

The biggest crime that New Radicals commits is that it gets in the way of "Steal My Sunshine" by LEN as the whimsical one hit wonder gold of the 90's.

With all that said, if I am to nominate something new...

All Star by Smashmouth.

Just feck off.

Fingeredmouse

The biggest crime that New Radicals commits is that it gets in the way of "Steal My Sunshine" by LEN as the whimsical one hit wonder gold of the 90's.
And both get in the way of White Town's "Your Woman" in the race for that title.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
The Happy Birthday song.

I would hang around a restaurant until I saw a birthday party, wait until they were about to bring the cake out and then use my magical power to erase it from existence. I'd then look on and enjoy them awkwardly bringing the cake out wondering what to do.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
I would like to delete the concept of someone doing that cringy solo singing of the national anthem in front of sports crowds. I want to heard the crowd ffs.

If that doesn't count Cher with Believe, still traumatised from that one. Not just the song but also that whole The Ring/The Grudge look she had in the vid.

decorativeed

Sweet Caroline , delete Neil Diamond too.
My previous flat had adjoining neighbours who would do this on karaoke at 2am every few weeks. cnut was a Liverpool fan, and he moved house the week before the 2018 Champions League final. I was gutted he didn't get the full force of my reaction to it.

youngrell

Put me down for deleting Get What You give too, so flecking annoying.

To add another, American Pie by Don Mclean. One of those songs where annoying drunkards think they are the life of the party by singing this in the pub. Feck off.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Put me down for deleting Get What You give too, so flecking annoying.

To add another, American Pie by Don Mclean. One of those songs where annoying drunkards think they are the life of the party by singing this in the pub. Feck off.
Is it less annoying if Biggie raps it?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Never knew that New Radicals song was so offensive to so many. To me it's just that sort of dull, middle-of-the-road not-quite-rock music that simply... exists. It has no discernible features. No hook or edge. Bland.

I'd never put it on by choice, but I'm sure I could name at least 100 songs I'd gladly fire into the sun ahead of it.

youngrell

Never knew that New Radicals song was so offensive to so many. To me it's just that sort of dull, middle-of-the-road not-quite-rock music that simply... exists. It has no discernible features. No hook or edge. Bland.

I'd never put it on by choice, but I'm sure I could name at least 100 songs I'd gladly fire into the sun ahead of it.
Next time it's on, really focus on the guy's voice. It is irritating as hell.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If I have to really focus on it to find it irritating, it's probably not that irritating - to me anyway. It just seems to be the epitome of bland.

Nowhere near as grating as something like Mumford and Sons. That guys voice is awful. Sounds like if Michael Stipe inhaled a balloon.

OleBoiii

Any ABBA song will do, but to maximize "damage" I'd have to go for one of the more popular ones. Maybe "Mamma Mia".

I don't give a shit about how influential they were. They sound like overly happy cats violating a keyboard while meowing for several minutes.

Brophs

The One and Only
Rolf Harris' Two Little Boys. Let's be honest, the 'wooden horse' was his penis.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good shout for anything by that sap but it would have to be this for me.

My upstairs neighbour, when she's not drunkenly shouting at her fella at midnight regularly blares this crap with the windows open :mad:

You can runnn you can idddeee

Love that song :)
And Kournikova, one of the all time hottest women in the vid too!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This!

And now that I've thought of it...its stuck in my feckin head...and yours too I bet!

Back in the days when your first thought hearing "scatman" wasn't someone who literally likes sh!t