Ighalo loan deal extended till Jan 31st 2021

Sylar

Loan is fantastic. Keeps him motivated, imo it keeps others around motivated to not wnat to lose a place (competition is always great)
And we can focus on other areas which are really needed whilst not having to overly worry about up top

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Good effin monday. Pogba and Rashford returning and now Ighalo staying makes upcoming window bit easier to address with one position sorted short term.

Who knows, maybe if we add Sancho to the mix, Ighalo will have genuine chance to score 15+ next season.

el3mel

Really great news. Best of luck to him to help us achieve something in this period

Falcow

Great news, brilliant squad player and great option off the bench that isn't fellaini when we need to change it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
great news and fully deserved as he fits his role perfectly. Very happy for him too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Really pleased that Ighalo's going to be with us until next January.

As we saw at the end of the City game when he came on and occupied Fernandinho, having Ighalo as a physical presence is a great alternative for us. Our other forwards are as similar to each other as they are different to Ighalo. Greenwood is the only one who has the instinct for the six yard box goals, and he's still too slight to play off of when we need to go long to relieve pressure.

Ighalo's power will come in very handy for us in tight games when we're sitting on leads. Also, unlike certain other players, he has a bit of poise to go with his presence. We can trust his touch when required as we saw in the Derby.

Shrewd business by Ole et al.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Howcome it's only until January and not May again?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Excellent news, been hoping for this. Ighalo offers something different to the rest of our strikers, and has the awareness to get into positions that Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and James just don't. Ighalo is an out an out striker, ok, he does get involved in build up play, but his first instinct is to get in that box to be on the end of anything coming in. No news on whether he is likely to stay longer, or whether a deal has been struck between the club's and player, could be an interesting January window if nothing has been determined yet between the three parties.

Maticmaker

All the player news coming from OT just now seems good.
It seems like the end of this season will act as a tough pre-season for 20-21, just what we need and everyone fighting for their place.

Betson

Good news , he could not really have done much more to earn an extension in the few appearances he got , has looked a quality player , hopefully his good form continues until the end of the season.

norm87cro

I'm really pleased for him since he was busting his socks off since he signed and he clearly wants to be at the club.

El Zoido

I love how every United fan is delighted with this news. Who would ever have thought, eh?

flappyjay

I doubt there is anyone who will agree with you.

the most important at thing is that there is zero chance of him going on loan.

would you trust one of best academy player’s we have had in a long time to another club, or would you rather Utd develop and nurture him?

such a poor post.
I think it was when we got Zlatan and the same suggestions were made about Rashford. In the end he was getting enough game time. Same will happen with Greenwood.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I think he deserves it, and our young strikers could pick up a thing or two from him.

stu_1992

Great news. Proven to be very useful for us despite everyone writing him off before playing a game. Made sense from our point or view to extend in the end.

Uniquim

Howcome it's only until January and not May again?
Assuming it's because the Chinese league starts 2 months later.

At that point Shanghai Shenhua might want him back, a renegotiated loan deal, or push United to make the transfer permanent.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Assuming it's because the Chinese league starts 2 months later.

At that point Shanghai Shenhua might want him back, a renegotiated loan deal, or push United to make the transfer permanent.
Ah, I see. Thanks!

Robertd0803

Very happy with this considering how well the intial loan move went. Until January is a bonus.

Tony247

Ighalo offers something different to the rest of our strikers, and has the awareness to get into positions that Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and James just don't.
Absolutely. None of them have that ambushing poacher instinct in the box. Rashford and Martial are clearly different type of strikers. I have some hope for Greenwood to become a Zorro. However, he needed an on field mentor and I am sure Ighalo will help him to achieve that skill.

Ace of Spades

Good move, all around. Gives options to rotate and rest players, something we lacked previously. Also, a more experienced player in attack is welcome, as we have a very young attack.

Mr.Plow

hummmm... perhaps we wont go for sancho?
Sure, if our ambition is zero. Sancho would be a massive upgrade over James, Lingard, Sanchez, Chong, Mata and whoever else we currently stick on the wing.

Very good news.

Hes no world beater but hes exactly what we need around the squad and he's just the sort of player to make it difficult for opponents late in a game, strong, good at holding the ball up high and knows how to get into good positions.

We've got a decent starting striker, a great kid coming through, and a solid backup now. Unless an absolute superstar comes available we dont need to focus on that position.

Chairman Steve

I’m glad he’s staying given these extreme circumstances. He looked good considering he probably wasn’t fully fit during that 4-5 window he was able to play until LASK away.

And as said before, he provides experience to a young attack, which will be supposedly bolstered by even more young attackers if these Sancho rumours materialise.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We're too soft or light on attack. His experience and physicality has been a great help. Has had some good goals, too. Good news, although I wish the loan goes to at least next Summer.

Untd55

I know people have said it is outrageous to suggest sending Greenwood on loan, but if we sign Sancho, his game time is going to be cut down a lot.

We also did not have Ighalo in the first half of the season, which made far more opportunities.

He will play, but I wouldn't be surprised if his starts take a hefty nosedive and would not be surprised if his appearances are cut in half.

Ighalo seemed a good signing. We only got to see him for a month or two though. Need to see more first.

Jesse > Messi

Just says all the right things doesn’t he like genuinely his attitude and the things that he says about the club and his ambitions for his time here are infectiously ambitious - he makes me believe he’ll do his absolute everything for this club whilst he remains here. Great news he’s staying here for the foreseeable future!!

Morpheus 7

Anyone else wondering why now? He's never used, seems a little pointless when Ole doesn't play him. I was happy to see him extend but seems a waste of time, Ole clearly doesn't trust him enough.

Red00012

Anyone else wondering why now? He's never used, seems a little pointless when Ole doesn't play him. I was happy to see him extend but seems a waste of time, Ole clearly doesn't trust him enough.
Bringing on Scott McT Up top was a strange move I thought with Ighalo On the bench

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Its baffling