Il Fenomeno Draft - QF - Šjor Bepo vs. Enigma_87

With players in their 3 year career peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enigma_87

You know who
Batistuta, C.Ronaldo and Rivelino... three guys who expect to be taking all the long-range shots in their sides, no?
All of three are perfectly capable in that aspect of the game, but not their only strength, mate. They certainly aren't one trick pony in that aspect of the game :)

Enigma_87

You know who
One particular highlight with Dzajic delivery is the ability of Batistuta and Cristiano in the box, which IMO would certainly come in handy:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
While he was still pretty good he wasnt yet the heading/jumping GOAT he became in last few years at Madrid. Maldini was brilliant in the air as well.

Šjor Bepo

You said it yourself you plan to defend and play on the counter so by doing that but there are so many goal routes in my team that a “congested” midfield would struggle with even with the major help of the full offensive line let alone this one.

1) Gemmell bombing up, either tie Vogts to himself or will be free to showcase his goal-threat(big game player as well, scored in 2 European Cups Finals) and delivery.

2) Iniesta between lines, insane ability on the ball and ability to combine with others and here he has both Pele and Don that were immense in that aspect. Even parked the bus teams struggled with Iniesta and he as well was full of big game moments.

3) Pele. Pele. Goalscoring machine with those creative juices behind? In the words of beloved Paddy Crerrand: “deary me”

4) Second wave with Robbo. Often you need something special from non attackers to break the bank and who better then him? From late runs, third man runs, surging runs or just through combination play there is so many ways this guy can break you.

5) Don. Surrounded by grafters, ball sharing great players, so many match winning candidates but there is no question who would run the show. Not to forget, yet another big game player with insane goal threat.

Enigma_87

You know who
While he was still pretty good he wasnt yet the heading/jumping GOAT he became in last few years at Madrid. Maldini was brilliant in the air as well.
That goal against Roma is certainly up with his very best :drool:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Di Stefano joining the midfield battle is a real issue in this match up for Enigma’s side, for me.

Rivelino is one of my favourite players, but that midfield battle, with regard to 2-way really gets swayed by him being in it rather than a more combative midfielder on the defensive end.

I like the idea of Ronaldo at the back stick meeting Dzajic’s crosses and initially, I had that down as a key component in the game, but I can’t overlook the midfield battle. Got to say Kompany looks out of place in that back line, too, especially with who they’re up against.

Šjor Bepo

good luck going forward @Šjor Bepo
thanks, good game. Glad you moved away from the fraud version of Ronaldo and even happier you used United one that we never really see in drafts, just a shame the rest wasnt built around him.

Šjor Bepo

Just curious about the criticism of the 2010 - 2013 version. What's your reasoning?
Out of the three versions he has(reckon no need to count the teen version prior to 06) this one is by far the worst one yet is often regarded as the best one.
United version was great but right at the end we saw the selfish crybaby note that he took to Madrid, physically he was developing pretty quickly so his dribbling regressed a bit even with us at the end.
So the version Madrid got was a selfish, crybaby that played for himself rather then for the team and while his youtube vids and individual stats were impressive the team wasnt and he played a major part.
After he matured the Madrid got the GOAT version, one that is right near the top of the football pyramide - stopped dribbling, stopped doing silly flicks and tricks, stopped shooting from crazy distances and he started focusing at areas where nobody or only Messi can match him - movement in the final third with insane intensity, insane finishing ability and GOAT level heading/jumping.
In the instances where he would shoot from a 30 meters in 10-13 he would now lay a ball to a teammate and sprint in the box where he was pretty much unstoppable. With winning confidence went sky high and he became a insane clutch player as well.

Summary:
United - great
Early Madrid - fraud
Late Madrid - GOAT

Himannv

Out of the three versions he has(reckon no need to count the teen version prior to 06) this one is by far the worst one yet is often regarded as the best one.
United version was great but right at the end we saw the selfish crybaby note that he took to Madrid, physically he was developing pretty quickly so his dribbling regressed a bit even with us at the end.
So the version Madrid got was a selfish, crybaby that played for himself rather then for the team and while his youtube vids and individual stats were impressive the team wasnt and he played a major part.
After he matured the Madrid got the GOAT version, one that is right near the top of the football pyramide - stopped dribbling, stopped doing silly flicks and tricks, stopped shooting from crazy distances and he started focusing at areas where nobody or only Messi can match him - movement in the final third with insane intensity, insane finishing ability and GOAT level heading/jumping.
In the instances where he would shoot from a 30 meters in 10-13 he would now lay a ball to a teammate and sprint in the box where he was pretty much unstoppable. With winning confidence went sky high and he became a insane clutch player as well.

Summary:
United - great
Early Madrid - fraud
Late Madrid - GOAT
Interesting. So you're saying his actual peak is the 2015-2018 striker version?

I'm asking these questions because I'm trying to pick different GOATS and build teams around them in drafts these days. Not so bothered about winning and losing drafts, just building the best team around a specific player. Tried to do that with Beckenbauer this time with mixed results. I've been having trouble picking the peak version of a player and I've always enjoyed the CR7 in the 07-08 season, which i've watched a fair bit of over the quarantine period.

Šjor Bepo

Interesting. So you're saying his actual peak is the 2015-2018 striker version?

I'm asking these questions because I'm trying to pick different GOATS and build teams around them in drafts these days. Not so bothered about winning and losing drafts, just building the best team around a specific player. Tried to do that with Beckenbauer this time with mixed results. I've been having trouble picking the peak version of a player and I've always enjoyed the CR7 in the 07-08 season, which i've watched a fair bit of over the quarantine period.
im crap with years, specially recent ones but yeah, older version at Ronaldo would be the best one in my book. United version was also great, even better to watch but....maybe for a league system id pick United version over late Madrid one but in a tournament based enviroment or just in a one of game its a no contest.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I just think Iniesta and Di stefano won't work. Especially Di Stefano who always like to be the main playmaker. Didi suffered much because of this.

With Iniesta going inside, Gemmel need to go forward. I'm not sure he can handle that while Ronaldo was lurking on his side. Is he that good?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I just think Iniesta and Di stefano won't work. Especially Di Stefano who always like to be the main playmaker. Didi suffered much because of this.

With Iniesta going inside, Gemmel need to go forward. I'm not sure he can handle that while Ronaldo was lurking on his side. Is he that good?
I'm feeling like I'm getting lured into a trap, but... Iniesta had played with Xavi? And Busquets, Alonso, Silva, Fabregas etc.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

I'm with @harms on this.. in fact I think Iniesta is at his best with a more dominant personality with him, whereas Zidane would need to be the main man.

Šjor Bepo

Out of Di Stefano and DIdi why is always Don that gets the blame? Its bizarre....it was his team, they were dominating, it was full of superstars and yet somehow because of nutmeg obsessed brazilian he is the problematic one:lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm feeling like I'm getting lured into a trap, but... Iniesta had played with Xavi? And Busquets, Alonso, Silva, Fabregas etc.
Yes you are. Because I was seeing it from Di Stefano perspective. Hence the mention of Didi. Also are they on the same wavelength of football philosophy?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yes you are. Because I was seeing it from Di Stefano perspective. Hence the mention of Didi. Also are they on the same wavelength of football philosophy?
Di Stefano had a fantastic ability to control the game along with the insane productivity in terms of goalscoring. Basically, both thrived in hard-working, possession based football.

Iniesta would love to play with him imo. Then again, Iniesta has to be the most beautiful side-kick to most "GOAT"/exceptional attacking players. Wouldn't pair him probably with Maradona when I think about it and that's pretty much it, although I wouldn't be surprised if someone sold me even that combo.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Di Stefano had a fantastic ability to control the game along with the insane productivity in terms of goalscoring. Basically, both thrived in hard-working, possession based football.

Iniesta would love to play with him imo. Then again, Iniesta has to be the most beautiful side-kick to most "GOAT"/exceptional attacking players. Wouldn't pair him probably with Maradona when I think about it and that's pretty much it, although I wouldn't be surprised if someone sold me even that combo.
Agree with this.