Il Fenomeno Draft - R1 - DVG7 vs. Šjor Bepo

With players at their career peak, who would win?

• DVG7

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Šjor Bepo

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Just watch the first two minutes and tell me Dalglish can’t play as a centre forward. Think there’s even 5 headed goals in the first half of the video. He’s by quite a distance the best Scottish player of all time, regarded by many as the best Liverpool player of all time, no real weaknesses in attack, two footed, great in the air for his size and his trophy haul is brilliant.
:nono:

DVG7

nedved has some fine performances against cannavaro led defences, even his peak version :drool:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I see ways for both of these sides to win, further than power or pace. Would like more tactical insight from both parties, if I'm honest.

It's not a wash one way or the other, but to turn the game, I feel both sides would need to make tweaks that haven't been mentioned yet. As is, it's hard to make a call.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I see ways for both of these sides to win, further than power or pace. Would like more tactical insight from both parties, if I'm honest.

It's not a wash one way or the other, but to turn the game, I feel both sides would need to make tweaks that haven't been mentioned yet. As is, it's hard to make a call.
Ask/mention the issues you have and will try to answer

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Ask/mention the issues you have and will try to answer
That's pretty difficult to do without letting the proverbial tactical cat out of the bag. Just from how I see this, there's ways for you both to turn the game into something else entirely and have it considered in a different way to what you're both presenting.

Šjor Bepo

That's pretty difficult to do without letting the proverbial tactical cat out of the bag. Just from how I see this, there's ways for you both to turn the game into something else entirely and have it considered in a different way to what you're both presenting.
Ffs just let the fecking cat out, at worst case we will give her to mustard.

Šjor Bepo

He won French player of the year on the back 1971/72 season. He also played 9 games in a following season.

So, there is that.
Now lets just see how will Trent be rated compared to Tresor....God bless equality.

DVG7

Won’t be commenting much today, grandmother passed away from Covid this morning so have a few calls to make. @Šjor Bepo not sure which way things will go but cheers for the game xxx

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Dalglish as a number 9?
Think he works great as an all-round line-leader. For me Dalglish could play everywhere from #8 through to #9 and did that various points in his career. His back to goal game is amongst the best of all time. Defenders could not get round that big fat arse of his and he had eyes in the back of his head, knowing where the incoming centre-half was going and reading where his strike partner was going to go. You'd want that burst of acceleration elsewhere in the front line to mimic the synergy of his partnership with Rush. Therefore you can see him working well with Lato in particular in that channel between the left-back and centre-half. Same with Matthaus who would relish a striker who can hold the ball in for him to burst forward, in much the same way Terry McDermott did, helping him along to 20 goals a season in his pomp.

Šjor Bepo

Won’t be commenting much today, grandmother passed away from Covid this morning so have a few calls to make. @Šjor Bepo not sure which way things will go but cheers for the game xxx
Sorry to heart that, my condolences.

Enigma_87

You know who
Condolences, Arbi. Be strong and all the best to you and your family.

DVG7

Thank you for the condolences folks, much appreciated.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Think he works great as an all-round line-leader. For me Dalglish could play everywhere from #8 through to #9 and did that various points in his career. His back to goal game is amongst the best of all time. Defenders could not get round that big fat arse of his and he had eyes in the back of his head, knowing where the incoming centre-half was going and reading where his strike partner was going to go. You'd want that burst of acceleration elsewhere in the front line to mimic the synergy of his partnership with Rush. Therefore you can see him working well with Lato in particular in that channel between the left-back and centre-half. Same with Matthaus who would relish a striker who can hold the ball in for him to burst forward, in much the same way Terry McDermott did, helping him along to 20 goals a season in his pomp.
So, like Suarez?

DVG7

@Šjor Bepo just took a break to educate myself on chislenko and thought I should share.

At his peak he really upped his finishing (he never was as prolific before), but he started as a right midfielder/outside right with a good work rate. It's a waste to use him that way though
Seems like you’ve painted Chislenko as doing a little bit of everything in your set up when in reality that’s not going to get the best out him.

DVG7

@Šjor Bepo how come belodidici didn’t get any votes in the caf greatest player by position lists?

This game is won in the middle of the park, there’s no doubt about that, and it’s a battle I win with complete and utter ease. you have several players not in their best position, in unfamiliar roles, and even our goalkeepers are leagues apart with mine being superior.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
You havent answered my question regards spencer internationally? genuinely interested as its a strange recoord. and wasnt juan joya the star of that penarol side?
On the second question, Joya was one of the most important members of the team but Spencer was the star of that team no questions asked. If a hypothetical ballon dor had to be picked from that team based on Intercontinental cup performances (like UCL now), it would be Spencer always.

On his international career, I tried looking into this long ago but there isn't enough information I could stumble on. Some sources say since he played in Uruguay outside of Ecuador, he didn't get too involved with the national team.

He also changed his national team back and forth almost half a dozen times between Ecuador and Uruguay and that probably didn't help

He finally got a chance and was offered to play in the 1970 WC for Uruguay but declined as he wanted to be loyal to Ecuador (he would have lost his Ecuadorian citizenship as well if he participated for Uruguay at that level if I am not wrong).

Complete unknown internationally, but for club, an absolute hero in a champion team. There is enough footage to not decide based on what I or anyone says though. His performance against the great Real Madrid team of 60's is the first game most people would point to if you are indeed interested,

DVG7

Pele played as a #10 during this period
Chislenko played as a non defending RW during this period
Belodiwhoishe played as a sweeper almost always.
Iniesta played as a LCM 90% of the time during this period

This game is won by my midfield 3. There’s no other plausible scenario if we consider everyone during these peak years and their abilities to perform in the presented formations.

I have a better goalkeeper
Better right back
Better left back
My combination of CB’s is better

I have a significantly better midfield

He has pele, not playing his best position.
He has Spencer, the only pure ST on the park

I’m okay with pele being a match winner when surrounded by tostao, rivelino and jairzinho but in this set up he isn’t effective enough to win sjor the game.

Šjor Bepo

thought this was over considering everything but reckon will respond since you started posting