Ilaix Moriba

Bondi77

Seen that we maybe interested in this guy and I have read that one of our targets is a young midfielder.
Thoughts?

BlahRules

He is just going to be another reserve player and be on the fringe of the first team. If we sign him then it will be like Amad and Pellistri scenario.

I have no idea how good he is, or ever watched him play.

red thru&thru

Just watching some videos on him. Seems decent. Has played a few first team games.

Could see this type of signing instead of Rice/Ndidi.

Tallis

I think he is more ready than Amad or Pellestri. He actually reminds me of Pogba - loves to assist. €25m to buy him and €30m for Camavinga will secure our MF for the next decade.

Hoof the ball

He would be a good second choice to Camavinga. The barca fans on Reddit are saying they think he might be more interested in money than football which is rich coming from them but that’s the word. He’s still only 18

I've watched him a bit. Koeman has a real thing for him, but mostly Barca fans are nonplussed as to why he gets so many minutes at the expense of Puig, who is usually very impressive with what little minutes he does get, whereas, Ilaix is physical but nothing special with the ball.

jesperjaap

I've watched him a bit. Koeman has a real thing for him, but mostly Barca fans are nonplussed as to why he gets so many minutes at the expense of Puig, who is usually very impressive with what little minutes he does get, whereas, Ilaix is physical but nothing special with the ball.

Ive not seen him but seen similar from Barca fans. I rave on about Camavinga, but he has played a lot of games already so is much more ready to me. Not sure Moriba is and with us having Hannibal and Garner in a similar situation, doesnt really make sense to me.....add the terrible comemnt that youtube videos I dotn see much in him anyway wich is meaningless of course

Tallis

I can totally see why Koeman rates him. Midfielders that can combine technique with physicality are rare. I can see him becoming a class player and I really doubt if Puig is going to be starter at a top club in the future.

thundercats

For all we know he is Barca’s next Pedri. Just buy him you never know.

Scholsey2004

Looks talented. Im not sure hes the kind of central midfielder we need though. Seems quite similar to Pogba who we havent managed to utilise particularly well.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
A regular watcher of Barcelona B are we Chief?
No. but I've watched enough of him to think he is in danger of having his promising career ruined early by needless hype.

Also he is 18 ffs
18 with too much hype for his own good. He should be left to develop in peace. Seems to have problem agents though. The contract stand of with barca makes little sense. He had an excellent chance this summer to make the first full time team under Koeman

Last edited:

MrSingh2002

We need a CDM. Casemiro/Fabinho/Rice type.

A destroyer who can play.

Matic is our current best attempt at a destroyer that can play.

Fred or McTominay cannot pass at all and they'll never be what we need to play 433.

Basically Roy Keane.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Fred or McTominay cannot pass at all and they'll never be what we need to play 433.

Basically Roy Keane.
Why say that then mention Rice? ;)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Basically Roy Keane.
So not Rice then

Ole90+3

Basically Roy Keane.
A Roy Keane doesn’t exist in this day and age. Modric was the last of his type IMO, a player who can do it all in the midfield role. Players are lazy now so they can only do one or the other.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
A Roy Keane doesn’t exist in this day and age. Modric was the last of his type IMO, a player who can do it all in the midfield role. Players are lazy now so they can only do one or the other.
Verratti when hes fit. However yes far and few between

mav_9me

Verratti, De Jong, Fabinho, Fernandinho, maybe even Jorginho

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Turned out quality on my Football Manager save!

MrSingh2002

Closest thing to Keane was Vidal. Kimmich?
Kante's a decent shout. Can play CDM and has got better on the ball over the last few seasons just as Keane did in his career.

Strootman was the one I wonder what could've been. Pre injury Strootman I felt would've been ideal for us at the time.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Kante's a decent shout. Can play CDM and has got better on the ball over the last few seasons just as Keane did in his career.

Strootman was the one I wonder what could've been. Pre injury Strootman I felt would've been ideal for us at the time.
Strootman looked decent alright. Keane was miles better than either going forward until after the treble though. As a sitting dm that he became he’s comparable to a lot more players. Keane was awesome, a force of nature as a box to box

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hmm... If Real really gets him as intended, perhaps it'll speed up Cama to United.

Dr. StrangeHate

There are only 2 welcome to Man utd videos on YouTube. You need atleast 10 for the links to be reliable.