Television I'm a Celebrity.. 2020 *Not in Oz, somewhere in a random castle in Wales.*

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Who else is watching this? Already looks very snug and cosy in that Castle which looks half transformed into a TV set. This years lot look a very competitive bunch but surprisingly no ex footballers who jump up at the chance when this is on. Going to be interesting to see what Animals they put in and the tasks they do compared to the Australia version.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Yeah I have it on. Funniest part for me so far is your one throwing MBE at the end of her name over the walkie talkie and Ant and Dec subsequently taking the piss out of her numerous times

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What exotic challenges can you do in Wales? Do they have much apart from sheep?

Stactix

Watching as went to a drone racing comp at the castle a few years back and my mum grew up in Abergele, had lots of memories with her brother at the castle who passed this year due to covid

She's definetly happy as the castle was neglected by American owners so nothing like it was 40 odd years ago before a local brought it and has been restoring it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Must be great for them in fairness, for all intents and purposes entering a Covid free world for the next three weeks.

United Hobbit

I'm watching, think Vernon Kay will do will from what I've seen so far.

Fortunately looked away at the sick bit I don't do sick at all it makes me feel sick.

I'm surprised Jordan got picked for the snakes I thought he said he was OK with snakes just heights but maybe i misheard him, plus he did the abseil he could have said no.

I hope they can all be picked for all the challenges its annoying when you've got one thats always ruled out on medical grounds.

Wonder how they're taking Covid precautions as surely if one gets it they're in trouble they must have replacements on standby in case. Presumably they would have had to isolate for the last 2 weeks to make sure they were clear?

United Hobbit

Think we can tell who's getting picked for all the trials from that clip! Surely you'd know by know its better to grit your teeth and smash the trial, the more you don't want to do it, the more you get picked as people want those who are rubbish to do them!

Heardy

Think we can tell who's getting picked for all the trials from that clip! Surely you'd know by know its better to grit your teeth and smash the trial, the more you don't want to do it, the more you get picked as people want those who are rubbish to do them!
it was announced last night that Jordan and Shane were doing a trial tonight.

United Hobbit

Wow fair play to him, he did really well i really thought he wasn't going to do that!

Heardy

I bloody love this programme though - proper guilty pleasure!

I hope they mix it up with the contestants that do the trials. That one year when Helen Flanagan was voted for about 5 on the bounce and did chuff all was shite.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He'll be up for a lot of trials now. The public don't like the competitive ones whizzing through the trials. Show early signs of weakness and they will target you. He can't do any worse than when Helen Flanagan was on it though.. she was ridiculous.

United Hobbit

Oh no poor Jordan I thought he was doing really well i was laughing how he kept saying "happy place happy place Turf Moore" :lol:
Shane was great with him as well, i was struggling to hear some of the numbers, I'd have said four-zero rather than 40 as it sounded like 14 at times.

He reminded me of Dean Gaffney's infamous and hilarious live trial a while ago. I did think he was going to keel over like Gillian Mckeith, though his would have been genuine

I think had the vote been after they did the trial he wouldn't have had so many votes as I think he did great, but after the preview clip showed him looking like he was bailing (I thought he was going to) he was nailed on to get the next.

It gets a bit boring when they have loads of food, the last few years they've all been really good and it's been really harmonious

He may struggle though given he couldn't cope with the eel though I can't say I would eat it either.

Heardy

He'll be up for a lot of trials now. The public don't like the competitive ones whizzing through the trials. Show early signs of weakness and they will target you. He can't do any worse than when Helen Flanagan was on it though.. she was ridiculous.
yeah agreed - at least he showed he can do it. Whether he’ll be able to get out of his headspace on his own is a different story!

It does get a bit boring when it’s the same contestant every challenge though.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Dec jokingly saying "anyone can go for a jog" reminds me of the fact some people say even they could win titles for Bayern, PSG etc and genuinely believe it :lol:

United Hobbit

Jordan is brilliant he's hilarious :lol:

Want him to win at present

Is it me (though I'd be gagging the whole way through) or are eating trials getting a bit easy? They should have to eat more of each thing its only a tiny piece currently

United Hobbit

Do they usually put new people in this early? I thought it was usually a week in?

Definitely want Jordan to win so far, Bev was better than I thought she would be and Vernon was good which I thought he would be

Oggmonster

we might have become a bit immune to it watching, but eating brain, testicles and penis is bloody horrific from my perspective. Not sure how it can be worse.
Yeah it's the problem with the show as a whole really. Its the same thing every year can see why the last one lost load of viewers.

This one is OK, the standard of celebrity is awful or I'm just getting older never heard of most of them. Must've a bit shit for someone like Vernon Kay when he came up around the same time as Ant and Dec and they're presenting the show and he's eating balls in front of them.

If it wasn't for Ant and Dec I'd say the show would be really struggling the actual jungle/castle bit is pretty shit especially the first few days when they're all sound with each other.

United Hobbit

I think its best when they have someone really rubbish a la Gillian Mckeith keep doing the trials (or refusing to do them!) So you get a bit of tension in the camp. Here, even though Jordan is absolutely petrified he's gritting his teeth and bringing a decent return, I think the last few series I can only really recall Anne from the Chase completely refusing to even try otherwise they're getting a decent average of stars, so no hungry tensions/ someone not pulling their weight.

Also how does the timing work? We see them get the trial at 10pm do they then go there that night? Also when do they eat? Jordan said he was put off his meal after doing the eating trial but surely they can't be doing the trial at say half 10 then eating at 11?

I'd like to do the Celebrity Cyclone trial that looks seriously fun! Wonder if they can do it this year

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think its best when they have someone really rubbish a la Gillian Mckeith keep doing the trials (or refusing to do them!) So you get a bit of tension in the camp. Here, even though Jordan is absolutely petrified he's gritting his teeth and bringing a decent return, I think the last few series I can only really recall Anne from the Chase completely refusing to even try otherwise they're getting a decent average of stars, so no hungry tensions/ someone not pulling their weight.
But then you have the likes of Helen Flanagan who ruined some good trials that you wanted to see, and everyone kept voting her in even though it was shit.

United Hobbit

But then you have the likes of Helen Flanagan who ruined some good trials that you wanted to see, and everyone kept voting her in even though it was shit.
Very good point there as like you same some trials looked really interesting but we didn't get to see them as the person bailed completely

United Hobbit

Shane is funny! Liked what I saw so far of Russell and the new lady who's name I can't remember

Jordan will be interesting as he will be on his own this time, in the dark.

I'd have quite liked to see Mo selected think he would have been funny too, Jordan has done really well with his trials so it would be nice to see someone else. However Jordan is hilarious so I kind of want to see him again.

There are a few just lingering in the background at present