I'm mad and upset.......

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
So the love that Ole and the club got for a great window and a fantastic opening game of the season has now ended in doom and gloom and we're shite and we're all gonna get relegated and we're going to win nothing. Why? Because of a draw.

PE Teacher at best in terms of coaching and tactical awareness.
Here come the PE teacher comments....yawn....

Thats why we will never win anything with Ole in charge. He thinks he is the 2nd Fergie, when really they are polar opposites.
....and the best one of the lot....somehow Ole THINKS he's the 2nd coming of Fergie......now ridiculous. Not even going to give it the time of day because it's that stupid of a post.

This forum will never be happy. It's always one way or the other. Hot or Cold. Why is everything so shite with Ole? Like why is it when we draw, it's simply just a draw. It's always the end of the world.

I'm fecking frustrated that every time this happens we always:
  • Want to flirt with another manager.
  • Want Ole to get the sack.
  • Call all of our players shite.
  • Give Ole a stupid "if he hasn't done x by x he should go" time frame.
  • Disregard everything that he's done good, because of 1 draw.

It's the 2nd game of the season for fecks sake!

Just tell me why. Just one reasonable reason. Why that when we don't pummel a "lower table" team 5-0 (like this forum expects week in week out) that Ole should get the sack.

We now have a World Class team and that STILL isn't good enough for you.

De Gea
Varane
Maguire
Shaw
Bruno
Pogba
Sancho

That's A LOT of the first team and you would undoubtedly see someone say oh (One of those players above) is absolute dross and should be sold.

I'm so frustrated at our fanbase. Be upset that we drew yes. But don't be so frustrated after every time we don't win you call for a sacking.

croadyman

So the love that Ole and the club got for a great window and a fantastic opening game of the season has now ended in doom and gloom and we're shite and we're all gonna get relegated and we're going to win nothing. Why? Because of a draw.

....and the best one of the lot....somehow Ole THINKS he's the 2nd coming of Fergie......now ridiculous. Not even going to give it the time of day because it's that stupid of a post.

This forum will never be happy. It's always one way or the other. Hot or Cold. Why is everything so shite with Ole? Like why is it when we draw, it's simply just a draw. It's always the end of the world.

Just tell me why. Just one reasonable reason. Why that when we don't pummel a "lower table" team 5-0 (like this forum expects week in week out) that Ole should get the sack.

De Gea
Varane
Maguire
Shaw
Bruno
Pogba
Sancho

That's A LOT of the first team and you would undoubtedly see someone say oh (One of those players above) is absolute dross and should be sold.

I'm so frustrated at our fanbase. Be upset that we drew yes. But don't be so frustrated after every time we don't win you call for a sacking.
He tried his best but just not good enough at this elite level and it shows in games like today

Ixion

You can't say we have a world class team if they don't prove it on the pitch.

Crashoutcassius

Just take solace that these probably aren't intelligent people

Saw a lot of people say that we haven't improved from last season... Hopefully they realise that the same team started the game today as last season

Jacob

1 point in the second round counts as much as 1 point in the 38th. It's the managers responsibility to keep the team performing throughout.

I'm not saying we're doomed but that display didn't fill anyone with confidence. We should've had 3 points and that's that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I agree. Let him fail before you bring the guns out.

However, he needs to improve his in game management.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The fact that you included De Gea in your world class list says it all. The guy hasn't been world class for a few years now, he doesn't even start for his national team.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Literally all of your posts have something to do with calling out other posters at caf. Its getting tiring.

croadyman

1 point in the second round counts as much as 1 point in the 38th. It's the managers responsibility to keep the team performing throughout.

I'm not saying we're doomed but that display didn't fill anyone with confidence. We should've had 3 points and that's that.
A cold hard dose of reality badly needed in this thread so fair play

largelyworried

To be fair it’s not one draw. We’ve seen the same issues unresolved for several seasons. That was understandable in his first season or two, given the limitations of the squad, but those excuses are past. It’s totally reasonable to expect Ole to put right problems that are frequently repeated.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Man City had a DIRE performance against Spurs....yet people still would say they're favourites.

We had an amazing game against Leeds and an average one today. Where's the difference?

Oh yes this forum gives City more love than they do for their own club.

arthurka

I have a feeling this is going to be good.
But I also feel like I have seen this game a 1000 times under Ole. We looked off from the get go.

largelyworried

Man City had a DIRE performance against Spurs....yet people still would say they're favourites.

We had an amazing game against Leeds and an average one today. Where's the difference?

City are Champions and have proven they can win the league. That’s the pretty obvious difference.

Anustart89

Well yeah, but you can't really build momentum in the 38th round.

What's most disappointing for me is that regardless of the money spent and the quality players brought in it's the same old in terms of this team's weaknesses.

Classical Mechanic

People are reactive and ridiculous but I can't shake that feeling that whilst Ole has done some excellent work bringing the tradition and feeling back to the club that he isn't the guy to take us on the final step.

mav_9me

De Gea
Varane
Maguire
Shaw
Bruno
Pogba
Sancho

If we have a world class team and cannot compete for the title (if thats how the season pans out), where does the fault lie?

Jacob

It's the nature of fan forums. You don't go online to praise the team and gloat amongst your own peers - you criticize, analyze, discuss and ventilate more often than not.

10 years without a significant trophy has caused a build-up of frustration and disappointment.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Maybe browse your own profile to see what I am talking about.
This is the first thread I've made calling out other members, each other subsequent post has been made in the appropriate threads and I'm reacting to their posts. Which is what you do on a forum.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Rashford injured, Martial not even looking remotely ready or engaged, Cavani didn't had pre-season whatsoever, Ole still preparing Van de Beek for something, not quite sure for what... I can see some people getting annoyed, especially after big words about taking next step forward.

Emotions getting released out fo worry, nothing less, nothing more.

Jacob

Well yeah, but you can't really build momentum in the 38th round.

What's most disappointing for me is that regardless of the money spent and the quality players brought in it's the same old in terms of this team's weaknesses.
I hope that Varane will rectify a lot of those areas by bringing stability and confidence at the back.

croadyman

People are reactive and ridiculous but I can't shake that feeling that whilst Ole has done some excellent work bringing the tradition and feeling back to the club that he isn't the guy to take us on the final step.
He never was after that interim spell in charge but the toy story puppet got caught up in the emotion of Paris

Goku1983

I do agree with you but its Southampton one of the worst teams in the league we did it lots of times last year against Sheff UTD and a few others we need to start beating these teams instead of just think we are gona win just by turning up. However I agree its silly to have a meltdown second game in hopefully it wakes us up!

Anustart89

I hope that Varane will rectify a lot of those areas by bringing stability and confidence at the back.
Hopefully, but I have a hard time thinking Varane's presence will make Matic take fewer touches on the ball or stop Fred from being Fred, to be honest.

Hopefully we'll get to a place where Ole, having spent £170m on defenders, will trust his defence enough to refrain from playing with two CDMs in games we should be controlling, but I'm not holding my breath.

largelyworried

100% my view. He’s done really well and I think he was exactly what we needed when he took over. But we’ve seen the same weaknesses throughout his time and they’re still around.

DarkXaero

Ole's a mediocre manager. It is what it is, we have to accept it by now. Days like today are going to keep happening with him in-charge, we're not going to be consistent enough over the course of a season to win a title.