Importance Of Injuries

kidbob

So off the top of my head we have had the following players out for a substantial amount of time this season: Shaw, Bailly, Tuanzebe, McTominay, Pogba, Rashford and Martial. There may be more that I've missed. So my question is if we signed no player this next window (whenever the hell that is) but managed (like a certainly not doped to the gills rival of ours) to keep most of our players fit for the season, or at least minimal injuries, how would we fare? I consider Bailly to be the best partner for Maguire so let's say that for at least 30 games in the Premier League we could field this 11:

DDG
AWB Bailly Maguire Shaw

Pogba Fred

James Bruno Rashford

Martial

Subs:
Romero
Williams
Tuanzebe
Matic
McTominay
Mata
Greenwood

So I know that's not everyones best 11 for us but what league position do you reckon that team can achieve with minimal injuries? This assuming that we show the type of form that we had achieved prior to the season being delayed.

cyril C

Injury list:
Shaw - hardly felt, Williams stepped in somewhat
Bailly, Tuanzebe - do you miss any of them?
McTominay - affected a few games but luckily Matic stepped in
Pogba - a mental thing. Yes we missed him but NO we don't after Bruno.
Rashford - Yes
Martial - Yes but short I recall

Assuming all return, our top priority is Right Wing, as James is simply not good enough to start week in week out.

I would say we also need to tidy up Rojo, Jones, Smalling's situation. If Smalling return then fine, if goes, together with these 2, then we need 1 CB.

Don't forget to make Ighalo permanent as well.

Skills

Snitch
Injuries are important. If players don't get injured the backups and young players don't get a chance to establish themselves with a run of games. Injuries - another thing to add to the list of underrated things.

James Peril

A world without injuries means we have to let the other teams have no injuries as well. We have the 3rd best team in the league. With a competent manager this team, this year and before Fernandes arrived as well, should finish 3rd behind two vastly superior teams. Arsenal are at a low, Chelsea lack the sparkle and Spurs are screwed with Mourinho. Leicester is a very functioning team with a manager that fits them well, unlike us and Spurs - even though the sum of their parts aren’t all that.

Web of Bissaka

keep most of our players fit for the season, or at least minimal injuries, how would we fare?
Key-est factors:

1. Playmaker -- either one of Bruno or Pogba play to influence games, both can potentially be better.
2. DEF Leader -- Maguire play, to provide "composure" at the back.
3. Goalkeeper -- DDG.
4. Attacker -- either one of Rashford or Martial play to influence games, both is better.

That's it.