In an alternate universe, will Rashford starts for other Europe's elite club?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
There are no automatic starters for the European Top Clubs, but Rashford has an incredibly good reputation across Europe and rightfully so

Bayern -> Would get lots of game time, as did for example Perisic last year
Dortmund -> Automatic starter
Real -> On current form starts above Hazard, Vinicius I don't know but also lots of game time
Barca -> Starts over Fati for me
Atletico -> Probably one of the two strikers with Suarez
City -> Would be part of the rotation, overtaking Jesus in the pecking order quickly
Liverpool -> Nobody gets into that front three, but he'd be the first option after that
^^^
This right here....now close the thread

cyberman

The Hazard of Chelsea yes but he defo starts over the current one. Besides there is the very inconsistent Vinicius who would/could be benched for him.
He would walk into that Madrid side.
For a change in global tactics, there are actually few pacy inside forwards who score goals and assists and kills sides on transitions and can play in a fluid formation to boot. City have to get a young winger from Spain, Bayern are picking those players up from bargain bins and are obsessed with CHO because theres so few out there. Pep would love him, excellent wide man and cover for Aguero. The perfect player for their squad.
We are lucky to have him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The Hazard of Chelsea yes but he defo starts over the current one. Besides there is the very inconsistent Vinicius who would/could be benched for him.
I mean, that's not saying much.

It's like "IF we take an elite club that has a current player in Rashford's position who aren't up scratch by that club's standards, then Rashford starts!".

I imagine the whole question of "elite'" club is that we should be talking about teams that have top class players that match what they want from that position - hence Mane, hence Sterling, hence, Neymar, and Bayern's wingers. And Rashford as good a young footballer as he is, doesnt get into those teams as a first choice starter.

Maybe in a few years.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

It's like "IF we take an elite club that has a current player in Rashford's position who aren't up scratch by that club's standards, then Rashford starts!".

I imagine the whole question of "elite'" club is that we should be talking about teams that have top class players that match what they want from that position - hence Mane, hence Sterling, hence, Neymar, and Bayern's wingers. And Rashford as good a young footballer as he is, doesnt get into those teams as a first choice starter.

Maybe in a few years.
He absolutely would get in front of Sterling.

The guy is utter crap and benefits from Guardiolas possession football and scoring tap in after tap in from De Bryune and Silva's last season partnership.

Trex

United fans have a way of underrating their players this days,we watch them play every week and only watch highlights of others imagine if a player from another club scored that free kick vs Chelsea last season plus the other goals he scored against the rent boys,put in that match winning performance against spurs,the goal vs Liverpool, the winner vs PSG even when out of form,from his debut till now Rashford is one of best big game performer in Europe, he is still only 22,would you swap him for Bayern's Coman,Gnabry or Sane or Barca Dembele or Sterling or current Hazard or Vinicious,i know I wouldn't.He is our player,home grown,super talented, still improving,already proven enough,we should be buzzing we have him because it would have cost 150m to get him

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Maybe in a few years.
The length some United posters will go to downplay Rashford!
The question is not if he would start ahead of Neymar or in form Hazard, the question is if he would start for other European elite clubs and the simple answer is yes, he would start for most of them.
I mean for sure he wouldn’t start at United ahead of an inform and prime Giggs either, but that’s as irrelevant here.

amolbhatia50k

The length some United posters will go to downplay Rashford!
The question is not if he would start ahead of Neymar or in form Hazard, the question is if he would start for other European elite clubs and the simple answer is yes, he would start for most of them.
I mean for sure he wouldn’t start at United ahead of an inform and prime Giggs either, but that’s as irrelevant here.
He's an excellent player but he wouldn't start for the best or at least the teams with the net LWs. Same with Martial.

Remember the geese

He would be an automatic starter near enough anywhere. He would possibly struggle to start for City, Liverpool and Bayern, but at the very least he would give his respective manager's a huge headache. At best, they would tweak their systems to accommodate him among their other forward options.

Trex

He's an excellent player but he wouldn't start for the best or at least the teams with the net LWs. Same with Martial.
If he was at Liverpool he would be rotated with Mane and Salah same as City rotate their forwards any side that makes views him as just a sub would loose him,a 22yr old winger with his stats and match winning ability is to good for that

wolvored

I think a lot of teams would be after him around the 60/70 mill mark, not sure any higher.

dev1l

PSG are very interested. Apparently he would replace Mbappe.
Raiola has already offered him his "services"

Maticmaker

A hypothetical thread,
Rashford's next move is to renounce his football career in 2023 and to stand as an independent parliamentary candidate for Wythenshawe at the next GE in 2024...how's that for hypothetical?

Bobski

Rashford has an elite mentality, keeps going and going even when he is having a poor game. That is a key reason why so many in the game rate him highly, he is player you can count on to always be engaged and play for the team. The type of personality and attitude that benefits every team. Bruno is the same, there are many more talented players who play in attacking roles around Europe but they don't have his mindset and leadership.

It is not just about technical ability, and Rashford is well above average technically.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Maybe in a few years.
Hazard isn't top class anymore. He is shit, fat and constantly injured. You're thinking of him at Chelsea at his peak. That player never showed up once for Real Madrid.

meamth

Seems the creator of this thread has a problem with Rashford starting regularly for us.
No way. Just a reminder that we have a great player in our team.

We tend to be so critical sometimes about Rashford/Martial/Pogba or any quality players we have.

amolbhatia50k

Hazard isn't top class anymore. He is shit, fat and constantly injured. You're thinking of him at Chelsea at his peak. That player never showed up once for Real Madrid.
I know that.

RedStarUnited

I feel Rashford is better than Sterling. But Sterling is much much better coached and plays in a propper team and system.

UbicaMekogSrca

Supports
FK Sloboda
At the moment big NO.I think he is late bloomer, he will explode in few years.

cyril C

There are no automatic starters for the European Top Clubs, but Rashford has an incredibly good reputation across Europe and rightfully so

Bayern -> Would get lots of game time, as did for example Perisic last year
Back up to Lewandoski, but not as effective. Left wing, but not as good as Gnarby; not even Perisc. Sorry backup squad player only

Dortmund -> Automatic starter
Yes, but only when Haaland leaves. As good as Haaland - not a mile, whether as #9, or prolific.

Real -> On current form starts above Hazard, Vinicius I don't know but also lots of game time
Backup to Benzema. Kick out Vinicius? May be. But why don't RM pay over the odds for Haaland next season instead?

Barca -> Starts over Fati for me
Worse possible choice. Can't replace Messi, can't play #9, end up like Griezman, an ineffective version

Atletico -> Probably one of the two strikers with Suarez
Best choice to their counter-attack style

City -> Would be part of the rotation, overtaking Jesus in the pecking order quickly
Replace Aguero? No way, may be slightly better than Jesus but still struggle as #9. Challenge Sterling for the left wing? Are u joking.

Liverpool -> Nobody gets into that front three, but he'd be the first option after that
Fail to replace Firmino because not a good #9. Replace Mane, not a chance. #1 backup certainly better than Shaqiri or Minamino, but not Jota as #9.
Of all the top clubs that you mentioned, only Atletico suit him, and only RM can afford such a luxury backup.

archiebald

Of all the top clubs that you mentioned, only Atletico suit him, and only RM can afford such a luxury backup.
Bayern are already so stacked on the wings, the thought that Rashford would get much game time at all over there is laughable.

As you said, Atletico is the logical choice because of their counter-attacking style, but dropping Costa for Rashford means they lose their only hold-up player.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Bayern are already so stacked on the wings, the thought that Rashford would get much game time at all over there is laughable.

As you said, Atletico is the logical choice because of their counter-attacking style, but dropping Costa for Rashford means they lose their only hold-up player.
Costa doesn't start for them anymore already

Web of Bissaka

Definitely yes.

Probably only at PSG he won't start, since having Neymar-Rashford-Mbappe at the same time seems imbalance thus unlikely, and the duo are too expensive so no way they're getting dropped. Other top/elite clubs? oh for sure unless the managers/coaches are idiots or have agendas against him.

Rashford is actually that good, just that we as United fans tend to have higher standard and so can be over critical at times.
At his age combine with his abilities, he is definitely the right kind of player you would want to build your team around, long term too.

EDIT: Also Liverpool too I suppose, considering Firmino playing a unique key supporting role as CF unless Klopp change the system slightly, but Rashford long term can easily replace either one of Mane and Salah.

cyril C

Nor they can afford Rashford

On paper he’d a regular starter or heavily used rotation player at all top clubs. But the thing about on paper is that quite often on paper doesn’t translate into reality. So hopefully we’ll never find out how he’ll do at other clubs and only know that’s he’s one of the worlds best players at United.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He'd start at Barcelona, Madrid and PSG. Anyone who says otherwise are extremely deluded and haven't seen the aforementioned sides in the last twelve months. Probably Bayern and Pool are the only two sides where he wouldn't start.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I feel Rashford is better than Sterling. But Sterling is much much better coached and plays in a propper team and system.
How can that be when a fraud coac... Ah forget it

At worst he's a quality player you bring off the bench for any top side. We're lucky to have him

Interested in hearing how other fans rate him

Tony247

Well, to put it other way, Southampton will not swap him for Ings.

Skills

Snitch
Plenty of our players would.

The Manchester United fanbase spends a lot of time making it look like our managers are working with shit players. When it's quite obviously false. Our best players are far from the problem, and the overall quality of the squad far exceeds the quality of the managers that have been in charge of them for the last 4 years.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Scary to think what a catalyst like Klopp could do for Rashford.