In an alternate universe, will Rashford starts for other Europe's elite club?

Myrecks

Wouldn't start on the left for Liverpool (Mane), PSG (Neymar) or City (Sterling). Possibly/probably Spurs with Son. But then Sterling or Son wouldn't start above Rashford for United on the left, so just more of similar tier for me. For Bayern, I think he'd get in ahead of Gnabry, but maybe I just don't watch Gnabry enough. Dortmund if both Reus and Sancho are fit and are the 2 behind Haaland, then not there either. Juve have Ronaldo and Dybala who can play together as a front 2, but I have no idea what system they're using these days so hard to say yes or no.

Overall though I think there's a bunch on a similar level that Rashford is part of, with only really Mane and Neymar as clearly ahead who play regularly on the left. Ronaldo if he goes left on a front 3 regularly then put him there as well. The rest like Sterling, Rashford, Sancho, Reus, Gnabry, Son are all probably on a similar level.
IMO, he starts in any front 3 in the prem except son mane and Sterling. I’m shocked you don’t think son would start for us. Surely he would and we would anyone out of position to squeeze him in.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
People complaining about his current form this season need to realise the whole team is only kicking into gear. Ever since Martial got suspended its been a blessing in disguise, as its put Rashford central. I like martial but he's not the top striker that we need.

Rashford would defo start for nearly all elite clubs.

Barca - most definitely, not ahead of Fati though who is fantastic but ahead of Greizmann.
Real - No real competition for places there, Benzema is a spent force and has been for a while now.
Bayern - he would play ahead of Douglas Costa and Coman so not an issue.
City - not every game would he start due to rotation but reckon he would be ahead of Aguero and Jesus due to the system they play and Pep would like him more due to his versatility and speed.
Liverpool - think he would get in ahead of Firmino as Rashford would offer more.
PSG - he would start ahead of Icardi no question.
Juve - again he would be a 1st choice player easily ahead of Morata.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Is the question serious? Of course, he would.

Mr.Plow

I don't think he'd nail down a guaranteed start, he's still too inconsistent.

And 'other elite clubs'? We haven't been elite for 7 years now, at least not results wise based on the quality of our players.

There are no automatic starters for the European Top Clubs, but Rashford has an incredibly good reputation across Europe and rightfully so

Bayern -> Would get lots of game time, as did for example Perisic last year
Dortmund -> Automatic starter
Real -> On current form starts above Hazard, Vinicius I don't know but also lots of game time
Barca -> Starts over Fati for me
Atletico -> Probably one of the two strikers with Suarez
City -> Would be part of the rotation, overtaking Jesus in the pecking order quickly
Liverpool -> Nobody gets into that front three, but he'd be the first option after that
This is pretty much the answer.

He would start everywhere except Liverpool because Mane is in his preferred spot. He might have a little competition at Bayern and he would have to play somewhere other than the left for City, as he wouldn't replace Sterling.

The other top club missing there is Juventus. Rashford definitely gets in the team but whether Ronaldo gives up his preferred spot on the left of the front line is less clear.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This is pretty much the answer.

He would start everywhere except Liverpool because Mane is in his preferred spot. He might have a little competition at Bayern and he would have to play somewhere other than the left for City, as he wouldn't replace Sterling.

The other top club missing there is Juventus. Rashford definitely gets in the team but whether Ronaldo gives up his preferred spot on the left of the front line is less clear.
They could easily play together

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
IMO, he starts in any front 3 in the prem except son mane and Sterling. I’m shocked you don’t think son would start for us. Surely he would and we would anyone out of position to squeeze him in.
He would start, im just saying I would likely keep Rashford on the left as I don't think there's a lot between them. Would put Son on the right.

Cecc07

Apparently this MBE thing really turned people's heads. It was not far ago that his form was average at best. He could be world class in a counter-attack set up, but againts low block is closer to average. Of course he still have a lot of potential and can keep improving but for now his technical qualities and decision making is not that good.

TheDoc

He'd be too expensive to bench, you don't spend what he'll cost on a backup. Question isn't whether he'd be starting, but whether he'd be able to maintain that status. And yeah I believe he would, he's absolutely fantastic and still improving. I can't think of anyone at present who'd be a significant enough upgrade to render him obsolete. Maybe some generational superstar if a new one emerges (the two we've been blessed with are getting old), but even then I don't think he'd be sidelined they'd probably partner up neatly.

archiebald

Agreed, if Son came into our side the left wing should be cleared out for him immediately. See how Rashford does on the other wing or use him as an impact sub to run at leggy defenders in the last 20mins.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The thread title and subject topic combined gave me a headache. He would start for every top team bar maybe Liverpool and Bayern (on occasion as they have Gnabry and Sane).

meamth

The thread title and subject topic combined gave me a headache. He would start for every top team bar maybe Liverpool and Bayern (on occasion as they have Gnabry and Sane).
Take a shot of Paracetamol.

MattofManchester

Honestly I'm not so sure he'd be a shoe in. He's shown quality in vital moments but for overall games he's had a lot of poor and ineffective ones. He seems to be slowly going back into his explosive and direct style which is good news, as he's also picking up more form.

But for now, I'd say Rashford pre-injury would get into any side.

Rashford after injury is about 50/50.

meamth

Haha, a new thread questioning Rashford pops up a few times a year, and he always makes the thread maker look an idiot almost immediately.
People never learn.
....did you read the thread?

This thread is to remind the knee jerks we have got a great player in our squad.

cyberman

He is a galatico now. Even if he becomes lesser than he is, he is fast becoming a global icon for his off the pitch efforts.
Hes an incredible, allround package.

meamth

Before anyone coming to this thread and bash me for doubting Rashford... this post sums up my intention.

Automatic for who? For a side like Real Madrid, who lack any goal threats or wide players who can provide consistent numbers, probably. Similar sort of logic for Juventus. For a side like Bayern Munich who are firing on all cylinders? Probably not.

But I think we know what the OP is getting at. And the answer to the actual question; Marcus Rashford is a very good player. He’s now reaching the point where he’s not just potential and is actually starting to deliver numbers. We’ve got this weird thing where we question our actual good players (see the above post saying “an in form Hazard” who hasn’t even played close to Rashford’s level in about 18 months).

19/20: 22 goals and 11 assists in 42 appearances
20/21: 4 goals and 2 assists in 8 appearances

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Let's list the team's he wouldn't get into, it will be a really short list:

Not a single one.
Yep by all accounts the interest from Barca in him was real, the interest by PSG in him was also real, he's a lot more appreciated in Europe it seems than in England.

NinjaFletch

Yep by all accounts the interest from Barca in him was real, the interest by PSG in him was also real, he's a lot more appreciated in Europe it seems than in England.
Most neutrals and rivals I know seem to think he's up there with our best players, it's only a bunch of vocal weirdos in our own fan base I've ever seen give him regular stick.

RUCK4444

I stick with my original reply to this thread the other day, every team in Europe would love to have him and he' would start many games.

As others have said, he's becoming a superstar on and off the pitch.

We are lucky to have him and we should be excited by the players we have within this squad now. Marcus, Greenwood, Martial, Bruno, Pogba, VDB, Cavani. Awesome forward options and players for Ole to choose from and I'm sure Rashy will start almost every game, which says it all.

cyril C

The fact that Rashford can't replace Lewandoski, doesn't make him a shitty player. It was simply a matter of tactics, and the role that Rashford can offer. Ole has to build a team around Rashford to get the best out of him, Bruno would be perfect match, and Martial somehow manage the aspect of #9 and breaking down a bus tactics. Other teams may not bother unless you are Atl Madrid or Leicester City.

By the same token, do you think Messi would suit MU? We would have to change 10 players to suit Messi, is it worth it?

The way that this thread was raised, make the argument distracting.