In just six years United have completely forgotten what it means to be a big club

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
There needs to be some big changes to see the big changes we need. In recruitment, management, backroom, and we need to spend a wedge on players.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So who are you all suggesting we get instead of ole? Piss easy to start throwing the toys out of your prams but whats your big ideas?
There should be a team of highly experienced professionals looking at who's gettable and how they set things up. Scouts for a new manager essentially. I massively doubt there is though, as I reckon most clubs are run similarly to a lot of big companies ie. a bit shoddily.

Anyway, the point is, it's not up to the caf to find the right manager, but it'd be daft to think there isn't a better one out there. I'm sure there are some decent ideas though.

Crustanoid

The problem is not the manager. We could replace him with Guardiola / Klopp and would not be guaranteed success. Ole probably is not the right guy but merely jettisoning him for the next guy won't work, contrary to the wisdom of all of the post-93 posters flailing around, squealing like stuck pigs about Ole Out.

The problem started around 15 years ago when the parasitic leech owners started to destroy the foundations of what made us a successful football club, and systematically integrate their own maximisation of profit into every facet of how the club is run, and every decision made, most of it through Ed Woodward, who IS directly responsible for the manager and decisions made.

Work on how to reverse that and put us back into the position we were circa 2004-5 (as a club as well as what was happening on the pitch, which by the standards of the time was not great, but streets ahead of where we are now), rather than blubbering and bawling about Ole Out ad nauseum. It's pretty tiresome.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
We're broken in every department.

Glazers - Business people who ultimately can't see a 'business' is failing so keep everything the same (Ed Woodward)
Woodward - Good commercial business. It should stop right there. Bad footballing business. From managers and players we've just not got anything right really
Judge - Throwing money around paying players whatever they want - (Shaw 200k - Salah 200k) And leaving contracts until last minute so they have control over us (Martial - 250k, De Gea - 3-350k)
Scouts - I don't know if I can even blame these to be honest. From what we read, Woodwardinho just decides on the biggest names he can
Manager - No credentials for this job, performing worse than any other Man Utd manager, but still keeping his job as he's a former player
Players - Zero passion on the pitch. No leaders. No Keane, Rio etc. Instead we have Lingard, Pogba, Mata, Martial and Rashford all with clothing lines
DOF - The one part of United that hasn't fecked anything up, and thats only because we don't have one...

It's so frustrating as it's just not even a difficult fix.
Glazers tell Woodward you'll be on the same money but have to do less work and just concentrate on the financial side of things
Hire a DOF with credentials, who can work that side of things
Get the DOF to hire the manager and put a plan in place

But nah, stick with Woodward

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Having the like of Jones Lingard Young Shaw etc in the team is madness and it smacks of no planning in the background.

They are not good enough. The likes of jones should have been cut loose years ago. He cant stay fit. Lingard is just shite. Young too old. Shaw one dimensional. The fact playing staff like this are allowed to continue is a major issue

United owe me nothing ive been alive to see them win everything over the years so can be patient with the rebuild. But its bloody frustrating as its back to square 1 every 18 months. The manager/head coach is a part of a machine and to get back to any type of competitiveness I think we need to be totally ruthless by getting rid of the deadwood as soon as possible. But we need to have replacements. Not like last year where we feck off midfielders and strikers and dont replace them.
Its all about planning and its something lacking at United since before Ferguson retired. It started when the club let Fergie and Gill go at the same time. Zero succession planning.

Nickelodeon

The problem is not the manager. We could replace him with Guardiola / Klopp and would not be guaranteed success. Ole probably is not the right guy but merely jettisoning him for the next guy won't work, contrary to the wisdom of all of the post-93 posters flailing around, squealing like stuck pigs about Ole Out.

The problem started around 15 years ago when the parasitic leech owners started to destroy the foundations of what made us a successful football club, and systematically integrate their own maximisation of profit into every facet of how the club is run, and every decision made, most of it through Ed Woodward, who IS directly responsible for the manager and decisions made.

Work on how to reverse that and put us back into the position we were circa 2004-5 (as a club as well as what was happening on the pitch, which by the standards of the time was not great, but streets ahead of where we are now), rather than blubbering and bawling about Ole Out ad nauseum. It's pretty tiresome.
I'm in the Ole Out campaign and I resent your pedantic assertions. The owners and Woodward are one of the worst in the league but they have continually delivered mega-money signings exactly as per the managers demands. The difference between pre and post 2013 is Fergie who's a great manager and won us 5 PL in the last 7 years. So essentially, the difference was a great manager.

If we were to believe that there is no manager like Fergie (which might very well be true), we still have to focus on the fact that we should still have enough about ourselves to finish comfortably in the top 4. We've had like SIX 50 million plus signings, all of them as per the wishes of the managers but who didn't know what to do with them. The primary difference between us and our successful rivals has been managers who have a clear vision with the squad, what players they need to add and then do it on the pitch. Do you think that if Klopp were the manager of our club and he demanded Van Dijk, he wouldn't have been given the cash for it?

My biggest beef with Woodward is his recruitment and (lack of) sacking of managers. The managers we've picked up have been shocking and their subsequent performances showcase their ill-fitment for the United job. But that cannot be used as a defence for a non-performing manager.

Yes we need better owners and a better DoF. But we're not getting it. We can, however, get better managers. And we should.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
We've had like SIX 50 million plus signings, all of them as per the wishes of the managers but who didn't know what to do with them.
LvG didn't want Di Maria from what I remember. Makes sense really considering Di Maria is most effective on the couter, while LvG expects 90% possession per game.
Mourinho didn't want Fred either. It felt more like a one up on City by Woodward that. I also think the same with Sanchez too, just another one up on City, while Mourinho didn't want him

Eriku

The massive difference being that Klopp inherited a fully functioning squad that Rodgers had put together and had challenging.

If anything Rodgers had them playing even more attacking football than Klopp.

The difference between the squads that Klopp and Ole inherited is night and day.

You can’t brush that fact under the carpet, I mean feck me Ole had to have a fire sale of donkeys before spending a penny. One of which was our most prolific goalscorer.

If you add some actual perspective the summer before each manager took over their respective clubs Liverpool were challenging for the league title playing outstanding football, imo the best I’ve seen Liverpool play.

Meanwhile United before Ole took over we’re languishing mid table with arguably the most disjointed squad in the the league, no moral, no form or consistency, then to top that off Ole needed to sell our top goal goalscorer in Lukaku.

The difference is huge and obvious when you apply some perspective instead of just looking at stats.
Get out of here with your context!

The Urban Goose

Forgotten how to be a big club? More like too many people think just being "Manchester United" entitles us to win titles, and have forgotten how hard that is, and the effort and teamwork it needs to win.

This has been endemic since SAF left.

From Woodward, who thinks managers are interested in joining a footballing 'disneyland', buying mediocre players and retaining over the hill players on fat contracts will be enough because "we're Manchester United".

To some of the players who think because they get to train at Carrington, play at Old Trafford, get paid a shit-ton of money, get their egos stroked by a marketing team and get the run of the city, they can trot around places like Watford and chip the keeper because "we're Manchester United".

And last but not least, to the fans, who create a toxic culture online, who demand for Ole to play the kids rather than the old, useless shite and then moan when a team of kids has inevitable inconsistency, when a team with a midfield of two cut-priced Nicky Butts, a young winger straight from the Championship and two full-backs who have all the attacking nous of a scared haddock isn't carving through teams like their rose-tinted memories of 1999 when we won every game 5-0, when Rashford having his best season by far isn't good enough, when "we have to sign players!" but "oh, not those players, what about Martial and Greenwood?".

Many parts of the fanbase have become toxic. It didn't take long for the post-SAF "We're not like other clubs, we stick by our own" to be replaced by "we're not top 4 despite years of rot and playing kids?! BURN HIM!!!".

I hope many reflect over Christmas. The vitriol is unnecessary and counter productive. So we sack Ole, what next? Do people really think Porch, who's team was no better than ours this season despite the likes of Kane, Alli, Son, Eriksen et al and instantly make a team of Fred, McTominay, Lingard and James into world beaters? FFS have a word with yourselves. All you're doing is putting too much pressure on the kids, and making it less likely players will want to join us.

Right, I'm off for Christmas. Have a good one, good will to all men (and women) and all that.

Reactions: Penna

stevoc

That's why it's hard to take folks like you seriously. Comparing Klopp to Ole is ridiculous on too many levels to mention.

What you don't seem to understand is that yes, it'll take time for us to get back to the top but that will only happen with the right man in charge. We're paddling in circles here and yet you think we'll somehow be heading in some direction steadily soon. It's ludicrous.

I'll tell you what's the plan. Sack Ole, hire a top manager with recent success i.e Allegri and watch our fortunes change. Maybe not this season a changing a club around mid season is difficult but after the next window we'd have a very good team.

Liverpool have been our favorite joke for eons now given the fact that they kept giving folks who weren't good enough for the job an eternity on the job, really didn't serve them well. Now they hired the right guy and they'll be on our perch soon enough if we keep faffing about being coached by interns.
Allegri would be a terrible choice for United style wise with the current squad. And theres no chance he could guarantee success just as Mourinho or Van Gaal didn't and i actually think both of them were better managers than Allegri.

AneRu

There needs to be some big changes to see the big changes we need. In recruitment, management, backroom, and we need to spend a wedge on players.
Funny thing is that if you do the right things often enough you won't need to spend huge money. When you look at Liverpool and how they got the spine of their team there are a lot of examples of god scouting, coaching and management. We just need to have the right people in place and improvements will come naturally.

Firstly if we have the right DOF and we give him the power to make changes to our scouting, sport sciences and managerial appointment processes then we will be on the right track. Another thing is not to panic, some of the youth we have are just 18 months or so away from their breakthrough and if (Greenwood, Garner, Tuanzebe, Laird and Williams) they come good we save a ton of money.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We're broken in every department.

Glazers - Business people who ultimately can't see a 'business' is failing so keep everything the same (Ed Woodward)
Woodward - Good commercial business. It should stop right there. Bad footballing business. From managers and players we've just not got anything right really
Judge - Throwing money around paying players whatever they want - (Shaw 200k - Salah 200k) And leaving contracts until last minute so they have control over us (Martial - 250k, De Gea - 3-350k)
Scouts - I don't know if I can even blame these to be honest. From what we read, Woodwardinho just decides on the biggest names he can
Manager - No credentials for this job, performing worse than any other Man Utd manager, but still keeping his job as he's a former player
Players - Zero passion on the pitch. No leaders. No Keane, Rio etc. Instead we have Lingard, Pogba, Mata, Martial and Rashford all with clothing lines
DOF - The one part of United that hasn't fecked anything up, and thats only because we don't have one...

It's so frustrating as it's just not even a difficult fix.
Glazers tell Woodward you'll be on the same money but have to do less work and just concentrate on the financial side of things
Hire a DOF with credentials, who can work that side of things
Get the DOF to hire the manager and put a plan in place

But nah, stick with Woodward
Well said.
I've been saying the same thing for a while, now.
Ole is incompetent for the job he is being asked to do, however, sacking him won't make any difference.
What we need is to start with Woodward. This man cannot be allowed to have any influence on footballing matters. He should allocate a budget and inform the DoF that that's what he has to work with. It is then the DoF and the manager's job to identify targets and buy the players.
Matt Judge is Woodward's mate and both are terrible at negotiating deals.
The scouts have been absolutely terrible. They have a zero percent success rate at unearthing low priced gems (Ryan Giggs was the man who recommended Dan James). Instead, we tend to go for the biggest names and pay top dollar for these players.
The players needs to be told that if they underperform, then will be sold. Unfortunately, the top brass are unwilling to send this message.
And don't get me started on the coaches. Carrick and McKenna have known nothing but failure since they took up their roles. Absolute failures, the pair of them.
Let's also not forget that our sports science dept (the ability to manage injuries, keep players fit and within a good weight), have also under performed. They allowed Rooney, Lukaku and now Shaw to become overweight.
The fans also need to demand more than mid-table. We have gone from 2nd to 8th in 2 years and fans are calling this progress. WTF!!!

IMO, we are now at our lowest since SAF left. We just got beat by the worst team in the league, unable to score a single goal against them. The scoreline of 2-0 was on merit - Watford were not lucky...they beat us fair and square, no complaints.

Russky14

Well said.
I've been saying the same thing for a while, now.
Ole is incompetent for the job he is being asked to do, however, sacking him won't make any difference.
What we need is to start with Woodward. This man cannot be allowed to have any influence on footballing matters. He should allocate a budget and inform the DoF that that's what he has to work with. It is then the DoF and the manager's job to identify targets and buy the players.
Matt Judge is Woodward's mate and both are terrible at negotiating deals.
The scouts have been absolutely terrible. They have a zero percent success rate at unearthing low priced gems (Ryan Giggs was the man who recommended Dan James). Instead, we tend to go for the biggest names and pay top dollar for these players.
The players needs to be told that if they underperform, then will be sold. Unfortunately, the top brass are unwilling to send this message.
And don't get me started on the coaches. Carrick and McKenna have known nothing but failure since they took up their roles. Absolute failures, the pair of them.
Let's also not forget that our sports science dept (the ability to manage injuries, keep players fit and within a good weight), have also under performed. They allowed Rooney, Lukaku and now Shaw to become overweight.
The fans also need to demand more than mid-table. We have gone from 2nd to 8th in 2 years and fans are calling this progress. WTF!!!

IMO, we are now at our lowest since SAF left. We just got beat by the worst team in the league, unable to score a single goal against them. The scoreline of 2-0 was on merit - Watford were not lucky...they beat us fair and square, no complaints.
Exactly Sunama - your points are spot on and you cap it off with "The fans also need to demand more than mid-table"

This is now at the epi-centre of the problem.

I have just posted the following on the Utd next manager thread. "This is why Regime change is required and the fans can force this if they line up their collective brain power. At the moment most fans are in a tamazapan haze just like the Utd coaching staff".

In fact the only thread if you have Utd at your heart (I have supported them since 1976) is what I call Regime change. I will knock up an extended brain dump on this over the holidays. At the moment it is like we are all under the spell of a hypnotist with just complete unacceptable nonesense from the club.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Funny thing is that if you do the right things often enough you won't need to spend huge money. When you look at Liverpool and how they got the spine of their team there are a lot of examples of god scouting, coaching and management. We just need to have the right people in place and improvements will come naturally.

Firstly if we have the right DOF and we give him the power to make changes to our scouting, sport sciences and managerial appointment processes then we will be on the right track. Another thing is not to panic, some of the youth we have are just 18 months or so away from their breakthrough and if (Greenwood, Garner, Tuanzebe, Laird and Williams) they come good we save a ton of money.
Definitely yeah, although I don't think we can get away with what Liverpool do. Prices go up as soon as we're interested. But yeah, we can definitely be better.
Personally I'm not keen on just looking to the future. I'd like to watch us be better in the mean time too. Most of Liverpool's buys have been for the here and now, and I don't think we can rely on all the youngers being good enough. If we can get a well recruited spine together it does look good for the future though.

Russky14

Crikey

just read this headline form the BBC. Says everything really - totally clueless.

Manchester United behind in development, says boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

AneRu

Definitely yeah, although I don't think we can get away with what Liverpool do. Prices go up as soon as we're interested. But yeah, we can definitely be better.
Personally I'm not keen on just looking to the future. I'd like to watch us be better in the mean time too. Most of Liverpool's buys have been for the here and now, and I don't think we can rely on all the youngers being good enough. If we can get a well recruited spine together it does look good for the future though.
Right, the truth is somewhere in between. I think we have the youngsters to play a role and be important first team members after next season but we also need to spend big on three or four positions in the front six namely a Deep lying playmaker, a No.10, right sided attacker who can score and create and a central striker who is well rounded like RVP was.

Cypherage

When people realise United are currently no longer a club but just a business, then the results since SAF has retired will be more understandable.

Zen86

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic here. Please do answer the following questions:

Do you not think that all of our previous managers post-Fergie were sacked too late?
Do you think that Ole will win us the PL? If not, do you think it is worth giving Ole more time?
Do you not think that 30 points in 25 games is a sack-worthy performance for a manager for any top club?
Is there a single club who has risen from such a start to a manager tenure to win a PL for their club? (Please don't say Fergie. Talking about recent managers)

We consider clubs like Bayern to be well run and strategic in their decisions. But look at the churn rate of their managers. Title winning managers are let go without a second thought at the briefest slip of standards. Do you not consider them to be club with a winning mentality?

And finally, how according to you is Manchester United going to win the PL again?

Pochettino, Nagelsmann, Rose and about a truckload more who are definitely more qualified for the requirements. The point here is that we need to be ruthless towards managers who are not delivering. Like other top clubs are. 30 points in 25 games is not good enough for an Everton let alone Manchester United. Please look at the above questions and map out your plans to get us to the top again.
No no no I agree with you. In fact, I’m keen to see your list of managers to cycle through to get us through the next couple of seasons.

Hammondo

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic here. Please do answer the following questions:

Do you not think that all of our previous managers post-Fergie were sacked too late?
Do you think that Ole will win us the PL? If not, do you think it is worth giving Ole more time?
Do you not think that 30 points in 25 games is a sack-worthy performance for a manager for any top club?
Is there a single club who has risen from such a start to a manager tenure to win a PL for their club? (Please don't say Fergie. Talking about recent managers)

We consider clubs like Bayern to be well run and strategic in their decisions. But look at the churn rate of their managers. Title winning managers are let go without a second thought at the briefest slip of standards. Do you not consider them to be club with a winning mentality?

And finally, how according to you is Manchester United going to win the PL again?

Pochettino, Nagelsmann, Rose and about a truckload more who are definitely more qualified for the requirements. The point here is that we need to be ruthless towards managers who are not delivering. Like other top clubs are. 30 points in 25 games is not good enough for an Everton let alone Manchester United. Please look at the above questions and map out your plans to get us to the top again.
I'm not the one making claims about what we should do, so it's not up to me.

So you either want a manager who lost his players and was dropped for equally terrible results with better players. A manager who this forum mocked for winning nothing.

Or 2 managers whom if they are as good as they look, wouldn't come here anyway.

Rista

So who is the correct one? Last I checked Mourinho was one of the most successful managers on the planet.
If the answer was that easy then any of us could be appointed as DoF and lead the club to glory. Even then, by your logic Mourinho shouldn't have been sacked, just given more time. After all he finished 2nd with a squad that you apparently think is not good enough for top 4.

It’s obtuse to say every manager is the wrong manager that doesn’t turn us into challengers within one transfer window, because that’s what people obviously wanted from Ole.
Right, so obvious that no one ever actually said it. Because as long as don't we challenge, our performances and results don't matter.

Nickelodeon

No no no I agree with you. In fact, I’m keen to see your list of managers to cycle through to get us through the next couple of seasons.
Apologies for misinterpreting. I can't say for certain who the manager could be but what I do feel certain of is that Ole doesn't seem likely going to win us the title ever. Selection of managers would be in the hands of the board and understanding the fitment of the potential candidates on areas like the vision with the current squad, what specific areas are needed to be improved, with which players and what is the estimated roadmap and timeframefor the rebuild. It could be Poch, it could be Nagelsmann, could be many other people but it needs to be someone with a clear and proactive identity of football on the pitch. I'm myself not a 100% sold on Poch while others too would be a gamble. This needs to done through a thorough interview and discussion process involving multiple candidates and then finalised. This is where Ed or someone needs to really stand up and be accountable. Not doing anything and sticking with Ole has got us closer to the relegation zone than to the top.

Nickelodeon

I'm not the one making claims about what we should do, so it's not up to me.

So you either want a manager who lost his players and was dropped for equally terrible results with better players. A manager who this forum mocked for winning nothing.

Or 2 managers whom if they are as good as they look, wouldn't come here anyway.
So essentially you challenge my hypothesis but have no ideas yourself. You're nitpicking other successful managers while comparing them with Ole and our pathetic performances.

So let me ask you again. Do you not think that 30 points in 25 games is a sack-worthy offence for a club like ours? If not, what is the threshold?

kaiser00

It stems from our fanbase, and I’ve said this time and time again. The reason the club tolerates mediocrity is because we as a fanbase tolerate mediocrity. All around world football, even at home in English football, you see fans making their feelings known when things aren’t good enough. Our fanbase are content to simply keep on chugging on without demanding better, making excuse after excuse for mediocre managers and players.
Bang Shaka Bang! This is it in a nutshell. Where are the protests outside the ground putting the board and sponsors under pressure, where is the massive social media outrage? Flying banners over the ground once every few years is not going to cut it!

McGrathsipan

When people realise United are currently no longer a club but just a business, then the results since SAF has retired will be more understandable.
Yes and no.
Totally agree it's just a Business these days but the Caveat here is the product. Which is the football.
Its shit. Has been for years. But people are still buying it. That's the issue.
When the product is shit the business normally suffers. The business is not suffering here yet. But it will unless things change and the focus is put back on the prodcut. Its only a matter of time.

laughtersassassin

The owners have just detoryed us in truth. They are the polar opposite to FSG at Liverpool.

Was reading up on their sporting achievements and it is really very impressive. Compare that to the teams the Glazers own. It's night and day.

But it also shows that sucking clubs dry isn't even the best way to profit from them.

Honestly believe we won't ever be proper good again under the glazers. At least definitely not under Ed anyway. Sad but I just don't see a single but of evidence to see why things would change.

Cypherage

Yes and no.
Totally agree it's just a Business these days but the Caveat here is the product. Which is the football.
Its shit. Has been for years. But people are still buying it. That's the issue.
When the product is shit the business normally suffers. The business is not suffering here yet. But it will unless things change and the focus is put back on the prodcut. Its only a matter of time.
That's the problem until the club really start to lose money, the board will somewhat continue to be an issue regardless, I mean yes they are willing to spend, but they have not spent well far from it, and they continue to allow Ed Woodward who has seen a number of failed managerial reigns to continue to deal with footballing aspects, the day SAF retired was the day the rot started to take bigger chunks out of the club, we use to make fun of Liverpool, well the rate the club is going we could well be heading in the same direction. (by that I mean going years without winning a domestic title,or any title for that matter).

RooneyLegend

LvG didn't want Di Maria from what I remember. Makes sense really considering Di Maria is most effective on the couter, while LvG expects 90% possession per game.
Mourinho didn't want Fred either. It felt more like a one up on City by Woodward that. I also think the same with Sanchez too, just another one up on City, while Mourinho didn't want him
Lies, Woodward hasn't signed a single player our managers didnt want.

Last edited:

dev1l

Biggest problem we have is that most fans think that we can sort all our issues by sacking the manager every 6 months. There's no long term planning.
LVG seemed the one with some sort of long term plan in mind. His football was boring but at least he starting bring young players into the team.
Most fans didn't have enough patience and Woody duly pulled the trigger by hiring the most short term oriented manager of them all - Mourinho.
Same story - fans got fed up and Woody sacks the manager.
Now we re at crossroads again - with a section of the fans wanting a new manager...
We seem to never learn....people think that a new "proven" manager is a guarantee... then after a few months they change their mind and start moaning and asking for the same manager to be sacked.
Eat--Sleep--Sack the Manager --Repeat
:)

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Just by appointing Moyes it was clear the management had a very deranged perspective of what's need to be done to be a top club. Even now I find it amusing how they''re deciding to give continuity to a manager with no qualifications. Overall the way the club has been run shows a lack of planning, structure and leadership.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
As an outsider and looking at your finances a couple of weeks back.

Its almost as if your owners the Glazer's are acting as a handicap for your club to pull it down to the level of others so they can compete. Considering your revenue levels, your spending power should be way higher than what it is.

Consider this.

Your wages are a bit more double than our wages (LCFC), yet your turnover is almost 4x our turnover.

You spent big on a couple of players in the summer, and I assumed that would be a from a huge cash reserve you have, but your debt went up to fund those players.

They must be leeching huge amounts of cash out your club and this is hindering your recovery in my opinion. Without them you would probably be doing a Real Madrid and building a team of Galacticos.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Biggest problem we have is that most fans think that we can sort all our issues by sacking the manager every 6 months. There's no long term planning.
LVG seemed the one with some sort of long term plan in mind. His football was boring but at least he starting bring young players into the team.
Most fans didn't have enough patience and Woody duly pulled the trigger by hiring the most short term oriented manager of them all - Mourinho.
Same story - fans got fed up and Woody sacks the manager.
Now we re at crossroads again - with a section of the fans wanting a new manager...
We seem to never learn....people think that a new "proven" manager is a guarantee... then after a few months they change their mind and start moaning and asking for the same manager to be sacked.
Eat--Sleep--Sack the Manager --Repeat
:)
I agree. We should have let Moyes see out his 6 year contract.

Josh 76

If Fergie had retired earlier we may not have been in this mess.
Think his amazing managerial ability blinded the glazers into thinking this was the easiest cash cow they have ever had.
Once they realised it was not the case, the game moved on and Utd have been left behind. Will take a very long time to get back to anywhere where we think Utd should be.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
No one said 6 years.
As long as we persist with mediocre managers and players that's what we will get on the pitch. Unfortunately Ole is a mediocre manager.

AneRu

The owners have just detoryed us in truth. They are the polar opposite to FSG at Liverpool.

Was reading up on their sporting achievements and it is really very impressive. Compare that to the teams the Glazers own. It's night and day.

But it also shows that sucking clubs dry isn't even the best way to profit from them.

Honestly believe we won't ever be proper good again under the glazers. At least definitely not under Ed anyway. Sad but I just don't see a single but of evidence to see why things would change.
I think the issue with the owners is the latitude they have given to and the tolerance for ineptitude they have with Woodward. Sack Woodward and bring in Marrota/Van Der Sar and you would see that rebuilding United is not such a difficult job as being portrayed by Ole, Woodward and the Ole in crew. Where we are lacking is leadership at executive level, this season was still retrievable but inaction with an underperforming manager coupled with excuses in the January window will ensure that our season will be over by mid February.

When cnut like Raiola can see from a mile off that we need a Sporting Director and when fans having been making noise about for nearly two years you have to wonder as to Woodward's motives. How the Glazers can watch this shitshow for six years and still think Woodward is the man for the job is beyond me.

We are still at a stage where we can still rebuild the team and be challenging within three years if we start making a series of correct decisions NOW. Get the right DOF in and bring in the next big name manager then start a proper rebuild.

laughtersassassin

I think the issue with the owners is the latitude they have given to and the tolerance for ineptitude they have with Woodward. Sack Woodward and bring in Marrota/Van Der Sar and you would see that rebuilding United is not such a difficult job as being portrayed by Ole, Woodward and the Ole in crew. Where we are lacking is leadership at executive level, this season was still retrievable but inaction with an underperforming manager coupled with excuses in the January window will ensure that our season will be over by mid February.

When cnut like Raiola can see from a mile off that we need a Sporting Director and when fans having been making noise about for nearly two years you have to wonder as to Woodward's motives. How the Glazers can watch this shitshow for six years and still think Woodward is the man for the job is beyond me.

We are still at a stage where we can still rebuild the team and be challenging within three years if we start making a series of correct decisions NOW. Get the right DOF in and bring in the next big name manager then start a proper rebuild.
Agree but by not firing or moving Woodward into a a different position they are by very definition terrible owners. It shows they are not only negligent but they simply do not care.

RooneyLegend

We're simply a finished club like Milan and there isn't much else to it.
Get the right man in charge and we'd get a better picture of where we are. Inter right now have the right man in charge and while it's obvious their project isn't complete, they will learn this season who they have to get rid of and who they can keep.

ArjenIsM3

Another one of these threads eh? Other clubs have been run better and bought better players and managers than we have for the past ten years. Woodward is killing our club and we're stuck with him. Deal with it

McGrathsipan

That's the problem until the club really start to lose money, the board will somewhat continue to be an issue regardless, I mean yes they are willing to spend, but they have not spent well far from it, and they continue to allow Ed Woodward who has seen a number of failed managerial reigns to continue to deal with footballing aspects, the day SAF retired was the day the rot started to take bigger chunks out of the club, we use to make fun of Liverpool, well the rate the club is going we could well be heading in the same direction. (by that I mean going years without winning a domestic title,or any title for that matter).
We're well on that road. And the rot started well before Ferguson left.
He literally turned water into wine with that last title win